Forums59
Topics1,037,800
Posts13,934,729
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #14063522 07/16/21 02:40 AM
206champion Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Bass-N-Buck Master
Didnt read all post and most may know or most may not know, but they weighed 100% of the fish at the lake and let most only transport no more than 2 fish back to fort worth I drove some of the anglers from boat yard to arena every day if they had fish they had oxygen bottles and ice to keep the fish alive till they put them in TP&W holding tanks that transported them back to the lake.

BASS took every possible method to keep them alive, so if any were floating they were probably not the ones transported from fort worth. So if any died i would say it was less than 1-2%.
And didnt see any pics of this happening so far.
BASS should be commended not trashed by some. No trail major or minor is perfect.

Well said

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14064053 07/16/21 05:17 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Jack, we do not use Rejuvenade in the live release boat and never have. I have worked all of the Sealy tournaments for the last 18 years. The fish never jumped out like you described so I would say that a good part of your post is pure BS just made up to make your post seem .more credible.
We use "Catch and Release" and our usual percentage of dead fish brought to us swimming, not gut hooked, not needing fizzing and not with pink gills is 100%
When we receive fish with the described problems the percentage goes down exponentially. We also use oxygen, and ice to lower the temps about 3 degrees.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Bass-N-Buck Master] #14064124 07/16/21 06:06 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Didnt read all post and most may know or most may not know, but they weighed 100% of the fish at the lake and let most only transport no more than 2 fish back to fort worth I drove some of the anglers from boat yard to arena every day if they had fish they had oxygen bottles and ice to keep the fish alive till they put them in TP&W holding tanks that transported them back to the lake.

BASS took every possible method to keep them alive, so if any were floating they were probably not the ones transported from fort worth. So if any died i would say it was less than 1-2%.
BASS should be commended not trashed by some. No trail major or minor is perfect.

I believe all fish were brought to the arena on the last day, cut was top 25 anglers.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: SC-001] #14064147 07/16/21 06:29 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
Originally Posted by SC-001

I believe all fish were brought to the arena on the last day, cut was top 25 anglers.

Not all 25 caught 5 fish limits on Day 3. Even if they did there would have been 125 fish and with a 2% mortality rate you are looking at 2-3 dead fish. As was stated especially on the last day TP&W had oversight of fish care using ice, oxygen etc. All fish were checked and monitored prior to leaving for Ft. Worth then TP&W handled the release back into the lake.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Bruce Allen] #14064519 07/16/21 11:01 PM
O
Overworked2020 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
Jack, we do not use Rejuvenade in the live release boat and never have. I have worked all of the Sealy tournaments for the last 18 years. The fish never jumped out like you described so I would say that a good part of your post is pure BS just made up to make your post seem .more credible.
We use "Catch and Release" and our usual percentage of dead fish brought to us swimming, not gut hooked, not needing fizzing and not with pink gills is 100%
When we receive fish with the described problems the percentage goes down exponentially. We also use oxygen, and ice to lower the temps about 3 degrees.

Well now someone looks like a complete idiot

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Overworked2020] #14064680 07/17/21 01:50 AM
H
Hook'em79 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
H
Originally Posted by Overworked2020

Well now someone looks like a complete idiot

Hahaha!!! I thought the same thing.

Sure was calling others foolish only to have his face pushed in the mud.

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14064707 07/17/21 02:07 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Being June I would guess all the bigger fish caught on the last day eventually died, I know they guy in third big fish was belly up on day 3.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Bruce Allen] #14065074 07/17/21 03:17 PM
J
Jack46 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J

Allan,
No harm no foul. How would you know or could you know because this incident occurred before your stent with Sealy.
Thanks for your opinion.

Before Sealy employed you, he was definitely using and promoting the use of Rejuvenade. He was using Rejuvenade in his live release boat tanks the 2003 spring/summer season.

Sealy did not use oxygen in his release boat tanks at that time. He probably thought air and oxygen back then because he used aerators, air pumps, bubblers, spray bars and Rejuvenade. This indecent I’m talking about obviously precedes your live release boat employment with him. Back then there were not many live release boats operational, tournament bass care was still archaic back then. Sealy may have been a release boat pioneer because he sure knew better than to dump tournament fish at the boat ramp.

By the way those bass acted like a cat with its tail on fire in the tank with the Rejuvenade. Looked to me like how a bass would react if it was put in a 5 gallon bucket full of vinegar. Hyper active, trying to jump out of the bucket with the vinegar and get away as quick as it can. There is no telling what chemicals are in Rejuvenade but there was something that caused a powerful negative reaction when fish are exposed to it. Captive bass do not react like this naturally unless the environment is really toxic or corrosive.
Plus DO meters do not work in water containing Rejuvenade.

You may be accurately describing the facts that you and your employer never use Rejuvenate and used another popular brand of fish safer chemicals, oxygen and ice.

What you have forgotten, failed to mention or chose not to mention or acknowledge is that you had no idea or knowledge what Sealy used in his live release boat before you came on the scene. Before you arrived Sealy was using an old pontoon boat; there were no O2 tanks or O2 on the boat because Sealy did not use oxygen at that time, he used aeration only. You were probably young kid in elementary school back then with a summer job on that live release boat.

Evidently Sealy really cleaned up his live release boat operation dramatically during your employment. He ditched the aerators replacing then with an oxygen system, discontinued using Rejuvenade, began using different livewell chemicals and had more ice available, etc.
By the way, the Regional Rejuvenade sales rep that poured all that chemical that made the water syrupy into the release boat haul tank was a ball headed white guy maybe 30 YO. I don’t recall his name but he did not live in Texas and traveled around the country promoting and selling Rejuvenade. He was a good salesman. By the time he was through with his 10 minute sales pitch, you would go out and buy a case of his wares he was so good. He is probably the boss of the company by now.

I have no idea who or where the guy with the DO meter doing the testing was from. He looked like, dressed like and had an East Texas piney woods dialect. This incident was very impressive and memorable to me because this was the 1st time I had ever seen a DO Meter and DO actually tested. What was so impressive to me was when he put the DO meter probe into the haul tank water with the Rejuvenade. His DO meter went haywire immediately slamming the needle off the DO scale. When he compared and tested the lake water his DO meter worked fine. This was repeated several times with the same results. The DO meter guy said the only thing different was the Rejuvenade in the water, the lake water and haul tank water was the same water.

Thanks for your opinion.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14065095 07/17/21 03:56 PM
O
Overworked2020 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
Originally Posted by Jack46

Allan,
No harm no foul. How would you know or could you know because this incident occurred before your stent with Sealy.
Thanks for your opinion.

Before Sealy employed you, he was definitely using and promoting the use of Rejuvenade. He was using Rejuvenade in his live release boat tanks the 2003 spring/summer season.

Sealy did not use oxygen in his release boat tanks at that time. He probably thought air and oxygen back then because he used aerators, air pumps, bubblers, spray bars and Rejuvenade. This indecent I’m talking about obviously precedes your live release boat employment with him. Back then there were not many live release boats operational, tournament bass care was still archaic back then. Sealy may have been a release boat pioneer because he sure knew better than to dump tournament fish at the boat ramp.

By the way those bass acted like a cat with its tail on fire in the tank with the Rejuvenade. Looked to me like how a bass would react if it was put in a 5 gallon bucket full of vinegar. Hyper active, trying to jump out of the bucket with the vinegar and get away as quick as it can. There is no telling what chemicals are in Rejuvenade but there was something that caused a powerful negative reaction when fish are exposed to it. Captive bass do not react like this naturally unless the environment is really toxic or corrosive.
Plus DO meters do not work in water containing Rejuvenade.

You may be accurately describing the facts that you and your employer never use Rejuvenate and used another popular brand of fish safer chemicals, oxygen and ice.

What you have forgotten, failed to mention or chose not to mention or acknowledge is that you had no idea or knowledge what Sealy used in his live release boat before you came on the scene. Before you arrived Sealy was using an old pontoon boat; there were no O2 tanks or O2 on the boat because Sealy did not use oxygen at that time, he used aeration only. You were probably young kid in elementary school back then with a summer job on that live release boat.

Evidently Sealy really cleaned up his live release boat operation dramatically during your employment. He ditched the aerators replacing then with an oxygen system, discontinued using Rejuvenade, began using different livewell chemicals and had more ice available, etc.
By the way, the Regional Rejuvenade sales rep that poured all that chemical that made the water syrupy into the release boat haul tank was a ball headed white guy maybe 30 YO. I don’t recall his name but he did not live in Texas and traveled around the country promoting and selling Rejuvenade. He was a good salesman. By the time he was through with his 10 minute sales pitch, you would go out and buy a case of his wares he was so good. He is probably the boss of the company by now.

I have no idea who or where the guy with the DO meter doing the testing was from. He looked like, dressed like and had an East Texas piney woods dialect. This incident was very impressive and memorable to me because this was the 1st time I had ever seen a DO Meter and DO actually tested. What was so impressive to me was when he put the DO meter probe into the haul tank water with the Rejuvenade. His DO meter went haywire immediately slamming the needle off the DO scale. When he compared and tested the lake water his DO meter worked fine. This was repeated several times with the same results. The DO meter guy said the only thing different was the Rejuvenade in the water, the lake water and haul tank water was the same water.

Thanks for your opinion.

[/i][i]

So he's been with Sealy for 18yrs and now you're saying it happened before his "stent with Sealy"................? lmao. Just stop. lol. You look like and idiot. YOU SAID A FEW YEARS AGO. Now you're saying a few years is longer than 18yrs ago.............lol. What a dip

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14065250 07/17/21 07:50 PM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
I think rejuvenade ingredients have been changes since then, those fish would act like they were on meth with that old formula, I remember FLW used to use it

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14065773 07/18/21 02:24 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
My 18 years included 2003.

I guess you shoulda said 2001. Because the live release boat we have wasn't built until 2002. I don't know if Bob used the one that Jerry had prior to us coming on the scene. But you might and I can call him (Bob) to find out.

It's nice when you can hide behind a "handle" and then write anything you want true or not..

Last edited by Bruce Allen; 07/18/21 02:30 PM.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14065810 07/18/21 02:57 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Pure oxygen is better than anything else. Cheap insurance not sure why anyone wouldn't have it in their boat for tournaments April through October

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14065838 07/18/21 03:26 PM
W
WAWI Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
W
popcorn

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Bruce Allen] #14066758 07/19/21 03:40 PM
J
Jack46 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
It's nice when you can hide behind a "handle" and then write anything you want true or not..

Allan, I hear you saying, “it’s nice when you can hide [your identity] behind a "handle" and then write anything you want true or not..?” I take it that you really believe this personal value “is nice.” I would certainly not discount or shame your pride or your value you have place on your statement here. That says a lot about a person that willing to share values like this to the public so all can see a route you have chosen in your life. Thanks for sharing your value.

I am surprised that you would share personal values about yourself like this with me and the rest of the world on social media.
Your value statement sounds like normal modern journalism speak to me. Students are being taught this value at all levels of education k-12, in college through grad school and at work according to a cousin that teaches college journalism. For most people, this is quickly becoming a normal accepted every day America value that’s taught in public schools today. That deception is OK, normal and should be expected
Your comment reminds me of something William Barr, past US Attorney General said. On Winners and Losers and Who Writes the History On Winners and Losers and Who Writes the History - by Jonah Goldberg - The Dispatch

“There is nothing sacred” or “what’s sacred to me means nothing to you.” Values are always relative to what we are taught, have learned and adopted.

History can be totally erased, changed and replaced in within 4-5 generations by motivated the winners with new agendas plus the support of mass media orgs., the right teachers in our educational systems, new religious teaching and new laws. This is normal cultural evolution, a dynamic process that is ongoing, alive and well.

I’m probably considered old fashion,“old school” Allen because I was taught, believe in and practice the personal value of truth and honesty I first learned from my parents when I was 3-4 YO.

You're probably a hard working good ole country boy with a poontoon live release boat business hauling tournament fish and we just have different values Allan, that's all.

Re: BassMaster Classic 2021 Livewell chemicals and supplements requirements [Re: Jack46] #14066794 07/19/21 04:26 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Jack46

Allan, I hear you saying, “it’s nice when you can hide [your identity] behind a "handle" and then write anything you want true or not..?” I take it that you really believe this personal value “is nice.” I would certainly not discount or shame your pride or your value you have place on your statement here. That says a lot about a person that willing to share values like this to the public so all can see a route you have chosen in your life. Thanks for sharing your value.

I am surprised that you would share personal values about yourself like this with me and the rest of the world on social media.
Your value statement sounds like normal modern journalism speak to me. Students are being taught this value at all levels of education k-12, in college through grad school and at work according to a cousin that teaches college journalism. For most people, this is quickly becoming a normal accepted every day America value that’s taught in public schools today. That deception is OK, normal and should be expected
Your comment reminds me of something William Barr, past US Attorney General said. On Winners and Losers and Who Writes the History On Winners and Losers and Who Writes the History - by Jonah Goldberg - The Dispatch

“There is nothing sacred” or “what’s sacred to me means nothing to you.” Values are always relative to what we are taught, have learned and adopted.

History can be totally erased, changed and replaced in within 4-5 generations by motivated the winners with new agendas plus the support of mass media orgs., the right teachers in our educational systems, new religious teaching and new laws. This is normal cultural evolution, a dynamic process that is ongoing, alive and well.

I’m probably considered old fashion,“old school” Allen because I was taught, believe in and practice the personal value of truth and honesty I first learned from my parents when I was 3-4 YO.

You're probably a hard working good ole country boy with a poontoon live release boat business hauling tournament fish and we just have different values Allan, that's all.

What?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide