Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
What’s so great about fishing? #14054977 07/07/21 05:50 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
My wife told me yesterday that in all the years that she has known me that I always find time to fish. My 85 yr old Dad asked me what’s I was going to do when Jaxon started playing sports year round and I told him that fishing was one of those sports and we train for it year round.

So what’s so great about fishing?
There is nothing like fishing in this world. The peaks and valleys one experiences in a single trip are unparalleled in life. The adrenaline dump is like getting into a fight without having to get punched in the face. It is an art for some, a sport for others, but it’s something undefinable for many. It’s an enigma and a puzzle and something that makes fisherman feel closer to themselves and closer to God.

There are very few things in life that allow you to unwind from the pressures of life like fishing. Even on my worst day of fishing when everything is going wrong, I can hear God speak to me. Calming me and letting me know that this is all a big lesson in life and something that should be cherished and looked at as a lesson to learn and grow from. I can’t tell you how many times that I’ve felt that terrible feeling of failure while fishing, and to hear and feel God tell me to let go of my anger and disappointment. It’s often the very second I let go that things immediately turn around. It’s not always about the fish. Often it has a much deeper meaning.

Not all men are created equal and same goes for fisherman. There are good and bad folks and there are good and bad fisherman as well. I will say this, if you have an open mind and are willing to learn from others, if your friendly and willing to share with others this fishing way of life, God loves a fisherman and will take care of his flock. If your a selfish person and your in this fishing thing for yourself only, then your gonna have some tough days ahead of you. God Bless and happy fishing. Azul out!

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14054986 07/07/21 06:05 PM
C
cvitale Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
C
Well said my brother!!! cheers

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: cvitale] #14055016 07/07/21 06:21 PM
JJ4MEL Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by cvitale
Well said my brother!!! cheers

X2 thumb

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14055055 07/07/21 07:01 PM
O
Osbornfishing Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
God, family, people (including anglers), fishing, fishing records. I really enjoy the pictures of you fishing with your family. Keep them coming.

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14055091 07/07/21 07:46 PM
K
KEGracing Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
K
amen brother!

2014 Premier Alante 235 RF tritoon. Momma's boat. But I get to fish on her.

A country boy will survive... but those who cross him?

Cedar Creek personal best:
Blue Cat 31.55 lbs
Hybrid 6.2 lbs
Crappie 2.1 lbs
Tennessee River Blue 45.7
Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14055681 07/08/21 12:03 PM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
How profound. For me it is a release and an escape from the pressures of work and daily life. It is a quiet place where I can pray when I go alone. When I take my grandchildren, it is a place where I can teach them and train them up in the way they should go. It is an opportunity to meet good men and surround yourself with people who will help you be a better man. It is seeing the sun come up on the water and know that God is in control. It is watching the birds flourish and know that as God provides for them, even more so will he provide for us. It is seeing the wonder in a child's eyes as he begins to understand the natural world for the first time. It is seeing the excitement in young boys when the boat comes up on plane and they feel the exhilaration of the wind and the spray. It's watching a storm cross the lake. It's seeing the gulls dive and feed. It's watching a cormorant go under and see how long he stays there and where he comes up. It's seeing the world again through a child's eyes as if for the first time. It's winter on the water, it's summer heat and flat water. It's the fall colors electric in the sun. It's the first sun warmed taste of spring. It is realizing how much God has blessed you with life and health and children and grandchildren. It is knowing that he is a loving and merciful God who showers us daily with all we need to support this body and life.

It's not about the fish...

There is a Youtube channel called Deer Meat for Dinner. The man behind it is Rob Arrington. His tag line is "All men die, few ever really live" Live my brothers. Live today. Make the best of every minute God gives you for the time we are given is His greatest blessing and he blesses those around us through us even though we are a poor tool in His hand.

Have a great day everyone. To the Great and Might Azul, thank you for sharing your feelings. What a great way to start the day!

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14055995 07/08/21 05:07 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Thanks guys! That quote “few ever really live” really strikes a note with me Tim. Something I never really talk about with anyone was loosing my sister. My sister Charisa was killed in a car accident when she was in college. Loosing her before she had a chance to really live life changed me in a way which makes me look at life as a short ride that doesn’t last long and could be over by the end of the day. Truth be told I never thought I would make it to 30 yrs old but here I am pushing 50. Somebody should tell us, right at the start of our lives, that we are dying. Then we might try to live life to the limit, every minute of every day. Whatever you want to do, do it now! There are only so many tomorrows. I want to live my life on a full tank running hard from one good time to the next. I might not ever be rich but I won’t be dying with regrets either. One thing you’ll never hear someone on their deathbed say is “I wish I would have worked more and fished less.” When my life is done I want my tank on empty with the wheels falling off. Until that day comes, I will be trying to make one more good memory every single day.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14056544 07/09/21 02:19 AM
Drycreek3189 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
When I was a foreman in the oilpatch, and even after I started my own company, I worked lots of 6/7 day weeks and many 12+ hour days. When I did get off a day on the weekend, or sometimes a whole weekend, you can bet I was in the woods or on the lake or river. That was the only way I could decompress and forget (mostly) my problems that would surely still be there come Monday morning, or possibly even Saturday afternoon ! smile

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14056583 07/09/21 03:07 AM
M
MD88 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
Been watching this forum for quite some time, been in TX going on 2 years now. The people in the section are hands down some of the nicest/friendly/giving people I have seen thru any social media platform.

Azul- you speak lots of truth and this post proves it even more. This one hits home, one day I'll be spending more time on the water here in TX and I'm sure we will cross paths sooner or later. Until then, tight lines all!

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14056618 07/09/21 04:08 AM
Robby E Online Content
Outdoorsman
Online Content
Outdoorsman
Very Nice. Reminds me of two of my favorite quotes.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. John Buchan

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. Henry David Thoreau

just a guy trying to catch a fish.
www.28STARFISHING.COM

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: Robby E] #14056751 07/09/21 12:57 PM
Dan90210 ☮ Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Online Embarrased
Jr Deputy Dan
Originally Posted by 3 Card
Very Nice. Reminds me of two of my favorite quotes.

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. John Buchan

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. Henry David Thoreau

Those are both really great quotes and in a lot of ways kind of summarize my love of fishing.

A lot of it is about the camaraderie, the problem solving, the challenge the expectation the fact that you never know what you're going to get... It just amazes me that everyone in the world isn't addicted to fishing for one reason or another there's so many reasons to love it!

Really great topic Gato I'm glad you brought it up...enjoyed reading your comments and everyone else's. cheers

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14056840 07/09/21 02:52 PM
B
Blue Blazer 2400 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Well said bud.

Its been a while since I have posted. Life set in and I haven't fishing in almost a month. I am itching to get out there

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #14057202 07/09/21 08:00 PM
S
serj5150 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Well I don't think I cannot do much to this great thread.... I have the same Visions as y'all.... along the lines of what Tim was saying about the grandkids, I pretty much notice every little discovery that my grandson and granddaughter make... it is amazing to watch.... I love my life and give the Lord thanks everyday.... this thread and the good people are just Another Blessing grin

Last edited by serj5150; 07/09/21 08:03 PM.

Checkout my Youtube channel for tips and techniques on
crappie and catfish
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKsHpQ1vQP7HRC_sw0fXopQ?view_as=subscriber
Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: MD88] #14057656 07/10/21 12:59 PM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by MD88
Been watching this forum for quite some time, been in TX going on 2 years now. The people in the section are hands down some of the nicest/friendly/giving people I have seen thru any social media platform.

Azul- you speak lots of truth and this post proves it even more. This one hits home, one day I'll be spending more time on the water here in TX and I'm sure we will cross paths sooner or later. Until then, tight lines all!

MD88 I'm betting you're a pilot. I wish the those old Mad Dogs were still in the air. Quietest ride in the sky... I might be way off but either way nice of you to say and welcome to the group...

Catfish Tim

Re: What’s so great about fishing? [Re: serj5150] #14057660 07/10/21 01:03 PM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by serj5150
Well I don't think I cannot do much to this great thread.... I have the same Visions as y'all.... along the lines of what Tim was saying about the grandkids, I pretty much notice every little discovery that my grandson and granddaughter make... it is amazing to watch.... I love my life and give the Lord thanks everyday.... this thread and the good people are just Another Blessing grin

I thought the love I had for my children was as much as I could love someone. That is until I had grandchildren. I recall a scripture about the children being as arrows in a quiver and being blessed. I know I am blessed because my quiver is full! I see the same realization in your post. You get it!

Catfish Tim

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide