Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni #14038235 06/20/21 08:55 PM
texasfisherman1 Offline OP
Angler
OP Offline
Angler
Fished our first bass champs and stunk it up. Not familiar with the lake, so we ran all over trying everything which probably hurt us. Kept losing the keeper bites we had. Congrats to the winners. Did everyone catch em shallow? We couldn't get bit on any medium depth stuff

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: texasfisherman1] #14038390 06/21/21 12:37 AM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
We had never fished the lake until going up for a couple of days two weeks ago. We caught fish shallow around bushes. Of course when we got back for the tournament the water level had fallen over a foot. We couldn't catch any keepers in those areas. Finally around 1:30 we found some keeper fish in bushes in 5-6 feet on the main lake. We only had three for about 7 pounds so we threw them back without going to weigh-in. Caught our fish prefishing and in the tournament pitching soft plastics.

Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: texasfisherman1] #14038475 06/21/21 02:00 AM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
We started out with a keeper on a buzzbait right off the bat then added a couple more on frogs. We lost a couple on frogs we would like to have back. That bite died down and we switched gears and started pitching specific docks. Had a limit pretty quick and culled up all day long. After the frog bite we really could not get anything on moving baits. Fish bit really well though the bite was super light. We did a lot of running and gunning but pretty well caught fish every place we went. Fished all over the lake. We ended up with 14.48lbs but we were first out of the money. We enjoyed the breeze as well. Never really felt like we got too hot thanks to the light wind. All in all we had a great time.
Went out to the garage earlier to put up my culling tags as they were still in livewell....it looked like someone had a crawfish feast in there. Had 4 big crawfish they had spit up. They were big enough to where we would probably had made a check had the fish not spit them up.....smelled great too..... roflmao

Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: texasfisherman1] #14038670 06/21/21 12:15 PM
Champion1 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
We fished everthing we could think of but only had 3 keepers. Docks shallow points, rocks, grass, pads. Just couldnt get anything going pretty shocked at the weights. Anybody know what guys in the top ten were doing?

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: Champion1] #14038816 06/21/21 02:29 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Champion1
We fished everthing we could think of but only had 3 keepers. Docks shallow points, rocks, grass, pads. Just couldnt get anything going pretty shocked at the weights. Anybody know what guys in the top ten were doing?

The shallow shoreline grass was good for us till about 8:30. The dock bite was most consistent for us but they were hitting it pretty light. We pitched jigs and Texas rigged craws at the ones we were targeting.
They did not want anything moving for us after a couple of hours in the morning.

Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: texasfisherman1] #14038830 06/21/21 02:39 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
We SUCKED as usual on that lake. Everyone seems to always have limits on that lake and we simply can't figure it out. How hard can it be??? Fish shallow flooded stuff for miles and miles and yet still can't catch them. It's to the point of being funny and it's almost in our heads. To make matters "better" we lost our trolling motor at around 11:00 which ended our day which is the 2nd time this season. One broken prop (Force) on Fork and one circuit board and head motor (Ultrex). I now carry 2 trolling motor props at all times but it's a litle harder to carry 2 entire trolling motors!

Congrats to the winners and those who cashed checks. I am going to have to bribe someone to break the spell of that lake for me next year if Champs goes back there.

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: Chris G] #14038874 06/21/21 03:17 PM
JacksonBean Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Chris G
We SUCKED as usual on that lake. Everyone seems to always have limits on that lake and we simply can't figure it out. How hard can it be??? Fish shallow flooded stuff for miles and miles and yet still can't catch them. It's to the point of being funny and it's almost in our heads. To make matters "better" we lost our trolling motor at around 11:00 which ended our day which is the 2nd time this season. One broken prop (Force) on Fork and one circuit board and head motor (Ultrex). I now carry 2 trolling motor props at all times but it's a litle harder to carry 2 entire trolling motors!

Congrats to the winners and those who cashed checks. I am going to have to bribe someone to break the spell of that lake for me next year if Champs goes back there.

You and I may be related Chris. It's the thorn in my side and my "home lake." bang

[Linked Image]
Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: Mark Perry] #14038951 06/21/21 04:18 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
We started out with a keeper on a buzzbait right off the bat then added a couple more on frogs. We lost a couple on frogs we would like to have back. That bite died down and we switched gears and started pitching specific docks. Had a limit pretty quick and culled up all day long. After the frog bite we really could not get anything on moving baits. Fish bit really well though the bite was super light. We did a lot of running and gunning but pretty well caught fish every place we went. Fished all over the lake. We ended up with 14.48lbs but we were first out of the money. We enjoyed the breeze as well. Never really felt like we got too hot thanks to the light wind. All in all we had a great time.
Went out to the garage earlier to put up my culling tags as they were still in livewell....it looked like someone had a crawfish feast in there. Had 4 big crawfish they had spit up. They were big enough to where we would probably had made a check had the fish not spit them up.....smelled great too..... roflmao

What colors were you seeing in the crawfish bodies and pinchers, if you don't mind sharing.

Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: Allison1] #14038957 06/21/21 04:22 PM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by Mark Perry

What colors were you seeing in the crawfish bodies and pinchers, if you don't mind sharing.

These are the exact ones I pulled out of the livewell yesterday. I put a pen next to one of them as a reference on size.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: JacksonBean] #14038964 06/21/21 04:27 PM
C
Chris G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Originally Posted by JacksonBean

You and I may be related Chris. It's the thorn in my side and my "home lake." bang

It's truly become comical....

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: texasfisherman1] #14038977 06/21/21 04:34 PM
R
RedRaider3933 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
R
Could only muster up 4 for 11 and change. Lost one about 6 pounds at the boat and another one about 5-5.5 pounds in a bush. Had it pinned at the surface and just couldn't get to it fast enough. Would have really liked to have those two. Just one of those days where it felt like nothing was going to go right. Piss poor execution.

Go Tech
Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: Mark Perry] #14039440 06/21/21 11:58 PM
521Rangerman Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Dang Mark, you left a pound in the livewell,lol.

Tony Lumpkins
Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: 521Rangerman] #14039451 06/22/21 12:04 AM
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by 521Rangerman
Dang Mark, you left a pound in the livewell,lol.

In all seriousness it probably cost us a $1000 check. It does explain why they were on the jig so much though.

Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: texasfisherman1] #14039620 06/22/21 02:51 AM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Thanks for the color help Mark.

Re: Stories from Bass Champs Tawakoni [Re: Chris G] #14039650 06/22/21 03:21 AM
Evan O'Brien Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity

Chris, I believe the Ultrex and the Force both fit on the Minnkota quick release bracket just FYI

REALTOR. Residential/Lake/Farm&Ranch/Hunting Properties
Evan O'Brien - Regal Realtors - texaslakesandland@gmail.com (214)642-6921
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide