Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14034866 06/17/21 12:16 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
there was a doctor many years ago that finished 2nd in Classic that fished a few more tounaments but never gave up his medical career to fish full time...I believe his name was Dr. Greg South from Virginia and he finished second to Rick Clunn on Arkansas river in early 80's.....

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14034886 06/17/21 12:46 PM
HDVS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Trust me TC was caught red handed. I was there! How they handled all of it I will never agree with. They used Walmart as the excuse not to want any bad press. The sheriffs dept arrested him when he waked of the stage in Morgan City but later released him and everyone involved was told not to ever discuss the details! There was a whole sting operation set up starting in Florida at the first tournament that yr and then carried over to La. It always amazed me that he was so arrogant that he didn't pull the plug on what he was doing but I guess he thought he was smarter than everyone else. The all american he won at Mobile. He caught both of those 6 pounders off the same end of the same pipe. The Everstart he won in SC he caught every fish off of 1 dock pole and never fished any others during the days. How the co anglers didn't see it earlier is kinda crazy. He cost all of us money at some point in time whether it was a place or 2 doesn't matter. He cost several people a chance at a win of a lifetime! And as far as the whole team deal story with MB there was a whole group of us that got dropped at the same time. Wasn't really anything any of us did. They were scared that we were discussing our deals with the companies we ran the wraps for and in our contracts it said we couldn't! All had to be done thru them. A couple of guys had and they got really paranoid and kinda cleaned house and started over.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14034925 06/17/21 01:21 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
Originally Posted by beartrap
He won the All-American that was held at Mobile/Alabama delta....the guy that came in second was from the that area and reportedly said that he "lived there 30 years and caught one 6lb bass and tony christian must be a heckuva fisherman to come down here and catch two in one week".....

eeks Wow that was a low weight event, feel bad for the guy in second and look who got 3rd https://majorleaguefishing.com/events/2003-05-28-all-american/results/ His weight was over twice what 2nd had I have no doubt he cheated and stole $101,000 some serious coin and even more so in 2003.

Off topic but man I love the all America and it’s prestige but how longs the prize been 100k? In 03 you could buy a truck and a boat with the winnings. Today you’d get a boat.

Last edited by Used2fish; 06/17/21 01:22 PM.
Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14034930 06/17/21 01:23 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
This ^ sounds like what I read, they feared lawsuits and financial backlash so they squashed it and sent him packing. I wholeheartedly think he should have been prosecuted based on what I read. I was not a competitor there or anywhere near him but he was the typical sociopath narcissist liar they all turn out to be.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: HDVS] #14035344 06/17/21 06:32 PM
J
june-bug Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted by HDVS
Trust me TC was caught red handed. I was there! How they handled all of it I will never agree with. They used Walmart as the excuse not to want any bad press. The sheriffs dept arrested him when he waked of the stage in Morgan City but later released him and everyone involved was told not to ever discuss the details! There was a whole sting operation set up starting in Florida at the first tournament that yr and then carried over to La. It always amazed me that he was so arrogant that he didn't pull the plug on what he was doing but I guess he thought he was smarter than everyone else. The all american he won at Mobile. He caught both of those 6 pounders off the same end of the same pipe. The Everstart he won in SC he caught every fish off of 1 dock pole and never fished any others during the days. How the co anglers didn't see it earlier is kinda crazy. He cost all of us money at some point in time whether it was a place or 2 doesn't matter. He cost several people a chance at a win of a lifetime! And as far as the whole team deal story with MB there was a whole group of us that got dropped at the same time. Wasn't really anything any of us did. They were scared that we were discussing our deals with the companies we ran the wraps for and in our contracts it said we couldn't! All had to be done thru them. A couple of guys had and they got really paranoid and kinda cleaned house and started over.

So how exactly was he cheating with a co angler in the boat? What was the tactic that was so discreet and sneaky that he could pull it off with someone 10' away on the back deck. I just don't get it but i mean it seems pretty obvious that he definitely cheated.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: june-bug] #14035350 06/17/21 06:40 PM
S
SC-001 Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by june-bug

So how exactly was he cheating with a co angler in the boat? What was the tactic that was so discreet and sneaky that he could pull it off with someone 10' away on the back deck. I just don't get it but i mean it seems pretty obvious that he definitely cheated.

I think they thought it wasn't a good idea to make public knowledge of how he was doing it to give any other sociopaths ideas. I could only imagine it might have been similar to to what Mike Long was doing in tournaments or maybe he had an even better system.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14035372 06/17/21 06:54 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I'm told there is a cheating method in which the angler catches fish prior to the tournament then ties them off with light line to something like a dock post....during the tournament the angler makes repeated casts to that spot with a jig and exposed hook until he hooks the line then slowly pulls it up to the fishes jaw and sets the hook hard enough to break the light line and hauls the fish into the boat....usually the fish has enough strenght to put up some fight and the angler can swing the rod back and forth and make it look like the fish is putting up a bigger struggle.....there is a video out there showing T.C. catching a large fish that some felt like he was manipulating the fish to make it look like the fish was fighting harder than he really was...
Reportedly they put a cameraman in T.C.'s boat and he never caught anything all day until the cameraman left the boat then he ran to a dock and made repeated casts to a corner of the dock until he caught a large bass...

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: beartrap] #14035381 06/17/21 07:02 PM
J
june-bug Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Originally Posted by beartrap
I'm told there is a cheating method in which the angler catches fish prior to the tournament then ties them off with light line to something like a dock post....during the tournament the angler makes repeated casts to that spot with a jig and exposed hook until he hooks the line then slowly pulls it up to the fishes jaw and sets the hook hard enough to break the light line and hauls the fish into the boat....usually the fish has enough strenght to put up some fight and the angler can swing the rod back and forth and make it look like the fish is putting up a bigger struggle.....there is a video out there showing T.C. catching a large fish that some felt like he was manipulating the fish to make it look like the fish was fighting harder than he really was...
Reportedly they put a cameraman in T.C.'s boat and he never caught anything all day until the cameraman left the boat then he ran to a dock and made repeated casts to a corner of the dock until he caught a large bass...

Wow...that's crazy!

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14035382 06/17/21 07:02 PM
B
bladerunner Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I heard he had plastic tubs planted with fish in them. cut a hole in the top with slits around it. Flip jig in, fish bite and due to the slits was able to pull them out. Just rumor

Luck is when preparation meets opportunity
Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: bladerunner] #14035402 06/17/21 07:16 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by bladerunner
I heard he had plastic tubs planted with fish in them. cut a hole in the top with slits around it. Flip jig in, fish bite and due to the slits was able to pull them out. Just rumor

This was part of what I read and the other was the fish tied on a slide line snag the line carefully reel to the fish's face and snag

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14035413 06/17/21 07:27 PM
SkeeterRonnie Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak
this type of junk is what makes guys become crappie anglers roflmao roflmao dang cheating pos sorry excuse for human beings. When I hate bass and the drama I go crappie fishing. lol. It soothes the soul and recharges me.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14035439 06/17/21 07:40 PM
G
gut hooked Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
G
this is an interesting read on the cheating story

https://www.chestercountybassmasters.com/forums/index.php?topic=2172.0

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: SC-001] #14035448 06/17/21 07:47 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
^^^^ I was the next guy in line to weigh one , as I walked down the stair off the stage I hear "hey this fish can't swim"

I turned around to see mine was still on stage and the guy at the tank was who said it after putting it in.

scared me for a sec.

The angler had already walked over and sat on a picnic table and was talking to my partner. The whole thing hit the fan rt after we untied from the dock and went back out.

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: bladerunner] #14035606 06/17/21 10:46 PM
HDVS Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Pretty warm right there! But there is alot more to it and the whole situation. I can't say details bc I am to close to the people who set it all up and busted the cheating piece of [censored]! Trust me it's not a rumor!!

Re: Cheater Tony Christian [Re: HDVS] #14035693 06/18/21 01:10 AM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D

Pretty warm right there! But there is alot more to it and the whole situation. I can't say details bc I am to close to the people who set it all up and busted the cheating piece of [censored]! Trust me it's not a rumor!!

And you are who? Did you fish professionally?

#MFGA
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide