Forums59
Topics1,038,966
Posts13,956,550
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14029529 06/12/21 01:40 PM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
That's impressive for BASS!!!... Dan thumb

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14029530 06/12/21 01:43 PM
T
TOMCAT21 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
T
Can’t wait to hear some of the complaints on the local Fox station about their programs being preempted by fishing. At least it’s not Judge Judy.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: beartrap] #14029552 06/12/21 02:20 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by beartrap
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
you wouldn't be seeing them if not for the ingenuity of boyd duckett and gary klein who started major league fishing and showed there was an audience for competitive fishing on TV....BASS had 30 plus years to grow the sport and never got past 30-35 half hour segments each year....MLF now has over 800 hours on 3 networks and their success has enabled BASS to finally get a few hours TV exposure of their tournaments....

Unnecessary comment

care to explain why you think my comment was unnecessary?.....the original poster made a comment that he never thought he would see live TV coverage of a bass tounry and I posted the reason he is seeing live coverage....

Because it always turns into a pissing match with comments such as these. I'm 100% pro BPT & BASS. I watch & support (member of) both organizations.

And I mean no disrespect to you either.

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14029561 06/12/21 02:43 PM
R
Royce Sanders jr Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
To me the only reason it’s on a “regular” tv channel, is because Fox and Fox Sports, and it’s the Classic at Fort Worth. I don’t think it has anything to with Duckett, Klein, MLF. Doesn’t BASS already come on FS1 anyway? I think ever since they left ESPN it’s been on FS1. JMO

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: Royce Sanders jr] #14029565 06/12/21 02:48 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Royce Sanders jr
To me the only reason it’s on a “regular” tv channel, is because Fox and Fox Sports, and it’s the Classic at Fort Worth. I don’t think it has anything to with Duckett, Klein, MLF. Doesn’t BASS already come on FS1 anyway? I think ever since they left ESPN it’s been on FS1. JMO

I think there really isnt alot going on with Saturday morning tv to begin with anyway. Especially this time of year.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: WAWI] #14029568 06/12/21 03:00 PM
C
coachallentca Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
C
Originally Posted by WAWI

I think there really isnt alot going on with Saturday morning tv to begin with anyway. Especially this time of year.

This^^^ They took off Bugs bunny and friends off years ago.. Saturday morning Tv sucks since then..

Last edited by coachallentca; 06/12/21 07:02 PM.
Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: WAWI] #14029591 06/12/21 03:21 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B

you don't suppose somebody at Fox Tv noticed that the competitive fishing on major league fishing was the #1 ranked outdoor program or they just didn't like Bugs Bunny?

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: beartrap] #14029634 06/12/21 03:48 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

you don't suppose somebody at Fox Tv noticed that the competitive fishing on major league fishing was the #1 ranked outdoor program or they just didn't like Bugs Bunny?

As usual Beartrap, you are incorrect. The spokesman for FOX said on BTL that they took a chance on fishing BECAUSE it was one of the few sports (if you call it that) that was able to be completed during the COVID closures. I know you find Boyd to be the greatest thing to come along, if he was, the MLF/BPT would be on major networks. Fishing draws almost worthless ratings.

I will not be shocked in the least when the current contract is up and FOX drops them.

Last edited by grout-scout; 06/12/21 03:54 PM.
Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: beartrap] #14029671 06/12/21 04:25 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W

Now they are showing summer league football that as best I can tell none watch..... but if you want to gas light feel free to do so. I got no dog in the fight.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: Royce Sanders jr] #14029823 06/12/21 08:17 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Yes exactly. Havent caught MLF once on TV this year. Have woken up to BASS a few times tho.

Glad Boyd and whoever work so hard for BASS....wait....what 🤔

I dont care either way and just watch....but BASS seems very accessible to Joe Public in 2021

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14029871 06/12/21 09:20 PM
M
machoblanco61 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
M
I must say as for watching fishing on TV this week (albeit streaming), watching Kevin VanDam and the bass pro tour in Chickamauga was hands-down better coverage.
I saw a picture of Kevin Vandam at the expo of the bass master classic, I’m sure his star power gave that expo a shot in the arm plus I’m sure there were many of the other stars from bass pro tour there.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: beartrap] #14029874 06/12/21 09:29 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
you wouldn't be seeing them if not for the ingenuity of boyd duckett and gary klein who started major league fishing and showed there was an audience for competitive fishing on TV....BASS had 30 plus years to grow the sport and never got past 30-35 half hour segments each year....MLF now has over 800 hours on 3 networks and their success has enabled BASS to finally get a few hours TV exposure of their tournaments....

Never ever go full retard

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: Lone_Wolf] #14029876 06/12/21 09:33 PM
F
Fishing on a string Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Some folks don’t have that button. Sure did not see much fan fair about the letters winning this week. But I bet everyone will know who will be the winner of this.

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: grout-scout] #14029919 06/12/21 10:22 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by grout-scout

As usual Beartrap, you are incorrect. The spokesman for FOX said on BTL that they took a chance on fishing BECAUSE it was one of the few sports (if you call it that) that was able to be completed during the COVID closures. I know you find Boyd to be the greatest thing to come along, if he was, the MLF/BPT would be on major networks. Fishing draws almost worthless ratings.

I will not be shocked in the least when the current contract is up and FOX drops them.

Fox wants more BASS programming. That is why they are showing each of the last BASS Opens on FS1

Re: Never thought I'd see pro fishing live on a major network [Re: Fishing on a string] #14029921 06/12/21 10:25 PM
emorydog Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Fishing on a string
Some folks don’t have that button. Sure did not see much fan fair about the letters winning this week. But I bet everyone will know who will be the winner of this.

Not many people recall or hear much about the last elite event winner either, just a regular schedule win. Since it appears your new to the fishing scene, Not a single person remaining at BASS or fishing the classic this year can hold a candle to KVD regardless of who wins tomorrow. Best of the rest is what we are watching this week and thats ok. I like both fine.

weber
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide