Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: Po Boy] #14028778 06/11/21 06:41 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Originally Posted by Po Boy
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
I think Matthew McConaughey and Robert Francis O'Rourke should run for Governor as a team. McConaughey could get naked, high and play the bongos while BETO dances ballet in his high school dress.

Hopefully the Conservatives, being stupid as usual, will split their votes between a few unknowns so Abbott loses. Then comes crying in the beer time while Gun control and confiscation begins and the border wall is ripped completely down.

Idiots.

This hits the NAIL ON THE HEAD. “Abbott has not signed the Constitutional Carry Law so he needs to go”. This thinking will get you a big idiot in the Governor’s office.

Or he could sign the bill like he said he would just a short month or so ago.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: John175☮] #14028888 06/11/21 08:48 PM
Nocona Brian Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by John175☮
Originally Posted by Po Boy
Originally Posted by Bob Davis
I think Matthew McConaughey and Robert Francis O'Rourke should run for Governor as a team. McConaughey could get naked, high and play the bongos while BETO dances ballet in his high school dress.

Hopefully the Conservatives, being stupid as usual, will split their votes between a few unknowns so Abbott loses. Then comes crying in the beer time while Gun control and confiscation begins and the border wall is ripped completely down.

Idiots.

This hits the NAIL ON THE HEAD. “Abbott has not signed the Constitutional Carry Law so he needs to go”. This thinking will get you a big idiot in the Governor’s office.

Or he could sign the bill like he said he would just a short month or so ago.

My understanding is he's got 10 days to veto it or it becomes a law even without a signature. That 10 days is up next Monday.
https://bearingarms.com/camedwards/2021/06/11/deadline-abbott-constitutional-carry-n46439

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: K.D.] #14028897 06/11/21 08:56 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
If you think a secure national border is somehow racist, you're a special kind of stupid.....I would vote for a real border.....no walk zone, mines, barbed wire, rifle towers......just don't being the message....and then, after you control the border, land and sea, streamline the hell out of immigration....make a clear path to amnesty for good people.... and never allow illegal immigration again.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: K.D.] #14029022 06/11/21 10:47 PM
K.D. Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
I stayed in Catulla which is about 60 miles north of the border last night. This morning getting breakfast in the truck stop I was speaking with a border patrol officer. He said overnight they had 600 more people down there and more coming. He seemed pretty excited about this and acted if it might have some real bite. Time will tell

Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: txmasterpo] #14029058 06/11/21 11:17 PM
K
kennerdude Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
K
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
If you think a secure national border is somehow racist, you're a special kind of stupid.....I would vote for a real border.....no walk zone, mines, barbed wire, rifle towers......just don't being the message....and then, after you control the border, land and sea, streamline the hell out of immigration....make a clear path to amnesty for good people.... and never allow illegal immigration again.

Absolutely hell to the yes. The wife went to Israel a few years ago and saw firsthand how they keep terrorists out of their land. We could learn a few things from the Israelis.
And I think you should put employers in prison that hire these skells.

NIL CARBORUNDUM
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: K.D.] #14029114 06/12/21 12:16 AM
D
deerfeeder Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Electronic surveillance sounds good, but you have to have the bodies available to respond to the intrusion. When I was in the BP and Customs we had seismic sensors that we could move around to hot spots. But, ya know what, those sensors never, ever, popped out of the ground and put handcuffs on anyone. When you are dealing with a group of 10, 20, 50, 100 plus people, you have your hands full.

And then you have to clean (process all of the paper work) what you caught. It's a handful. Because while you are doing that, now those areas are open to run more groups or loads through.

Non Sibi Sed Patriae -- "Not for self, but for country."

Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: txmasterpo] #14029137 06/12/21 12:35 AM
Duck_Hunter Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

Yep. The current immigration system, where it takes years to gain citizenship, can be vastly improved. It incentivizes illegal immigration, which is wrong for several reasons. We need a very secure border and a streamlined path to actually allow people in legally. I’m not saying it should be easy to legally immigrate, but it should be easier and less time consuming than it currently is. And it should apply to the best and brightest with a separate system for *actual* refugees and hardship cases.

[Linked Image]
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: Duck_Hunter] #14031669 06/14/21 04:58 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Yep. The current immigration system, where it takes years to gain citizenship, can be vastly improved. It incentivizes illegal immigration, which is wrong for several reasons. We need a very secure border and a streamlined path to actually allow people in legally. I’m not saying it should be easy to legally immigrate, but it should be easier and less time consuming than it currently is. And it should apply to the best and brightest with a separate system for *actual* refugees and hardship cases.

If you can't agree with this you are irrational....at best.....if you want open borders your reasons have zero to do with humanitarian ideals, and is 100% political gain for your lunatic political party...period

Walt Whitman
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: txmasterpo] #14031717 06/14/21 05:44 PM
J
JackMason Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
Online Happy
TFF Team Angler
J

If you can't agree with this you are irrational....at best.....if you want open borders your reasons have zero to do with humanitarian ideals, and is 100% political gain for your lunatic political party...period

Agree 100%

Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: K.D.] #14031746 06/14/21 06:14 PM
John175☮ Offline
MACHO MAN
MACHO MAN
Arizona got sued by Obama the 1st. Obama the 2nd will also sue.

"WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The Obama administration on Tuesday sued Arizona over the state’s strict new immigration law, attempting to wrestle back control over the issue but infuriating Republicans who said the border required more security.

The administration argued the Arizona law, which requires state and local police to investigate the immigration status of anyone they reasonably suspect of being an illegal immigrant, is unconstitutional and would sap law enforcement resources.

The Republican-controlled Arizona legislature passed the controversial law to try to stem the flood of thousands of illegal immigrants who cross its border from Mexico and to cut down on drug trafficking and other crimes in the area.

The lawsuit is part of a broader approach by President Barack Obama to deal with the 10.8 million illegal immigrants believed to be in the country, arguing that immigration is the responsibility of the federal government not each state."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...er-immigration-law-idUSTRE6653Q320100707

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.” -JFK
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: K.D.] #14031749 06/14/21 06:14 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Agree with Duck Hunter but not with your statement.

Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: Duck_Hunter] #14031753 06/14/21 06:18 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

at the same time, if you don't penalize the people giving illegals jobs you'll never stem the flow.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: bloo_rainger] #14031883 06/14/21 07:51 PM
L
lconn4 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by bloo_rainger
Originally Posted by Scoundrel
I thought the border czar took care of all that down in Central America / Mexico this week? confused 3

Valid point.
The Czar told them not to come.
Problem solved.
flame

lip service

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: K.D.] #14031906 06/14/21 08:09 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
Abbot will not stand for illegal immigration.

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: Abbott gets serious [Re: donothin] #14031912 06/14/21 08:13 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by donothin
Agree with Duck Hunter but not with your statement.

Who TF are you? I may not sleep tonight sarcastic

Walt Whitman
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide