texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
JDavis7873ฎ 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,890
Posts13,954,913
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14026672 06/10/21 01:37 AM
B
bradnitro175 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Most docs are just getting a paycheck if it makes you uneasy dont do it.had one take a 2 inch chunk out of my back for a mole.it hurt for years

Originally Posted by Trickster
BIG FAT BASS LIVES MATTER

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: Fishingking] #14026911 06/10/21 12:00 PM
hopalong Online Confused OP
Pescador Loco
OP Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Fishingking
They keep cutting until they get the report back from the lab saying all clear

that is the next 2, this one was a scrape till you hit bone I think, same as the top of the head when they did it.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: Beak47] #14026914 06/10/21 12:02 PM
Pescador Loco
OP Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Beak47
Bunch of good friends to have eh Hop? dang

expected, a simple question goes to 42 pages and still only a couple of reasonable answers but I did get a few chuckles out of it.

roflmao

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14027040 06/10/21 01:34 PM
D
Dave-0 Online Content
DYSON
Online Content
DYSON
D
Damn dude...can't help you with the problems, but hoping you get to feeling better soon! Reading all this, I thought my left leg going numb was a part of growing old. Now it seems to be something deeper.

Laws won't fix a sin problem. What this world needs is a revival, change of the heart. ~The Skipper

Age is a number. Old is a lifestyle.
Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14027042 06/10/21 01:36 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Hops, I'm just now on scene of this wreck.

Doc CC had a clever retort which could be your answer and Dan had some good points too (that hurt to say).

I would think that any dermal surgery would not get into the nerve pathways which are mostly protected by/under muscle tissue. The exception would be when crossing bony joints and yes the ulnar nerve is fully exposed here (funny bone). The radial and ulner nerves are the 2 main nerve roots and they arise via C5-T1. At the shoulder the normal pathway is deep within the axilla region. For all you lay types that would be the arm pit. They seem to run thru the anterior shoulder more.

[Linked Image]

The ulnar is the one that innervates the motor and sensory little finger while the 4th finger gets some from both the ulnar and radial nerves.. I feel safe in saying that the surgeon missed your nerve pathways with his knife. This leaves us with the question of what the heck happened .

I think we can rule out AIDS and COVID-19 for the most parts. Which leads us to Doc CC's thoughts. I'm grateful that this set of thoughts was organized and seemed on point which has been slipping as of late. Positioning while doing surgery. Did they use a general anesthesia. Doesn't seem likely they did a nerve block but maybe. Either way they can move and manipulate your arm and shoulder in ways that you wouldn't normally do while pain is absent to prevent these movements and could have stressed the nerves or even entrapped them in some way.

My recommendations is rest of the affected appendage. No stress movements. On your follow up at the office tell them the effed your arm up and ask the WTH?

On a side note when I had the big 6'5" patient that was getting a bit loud and starting to act out in the ICU while I had him sitting outside his room where I could watch his olde azz . Per the doc at the time said I should give him a sedative to "calm" him. I think I gave him Haldol via IM injection. It knocked his d1(k in the dirt . . . FAST. I needed to get him back in bed before he fell out of the chair. Got him back to the edge of the bed by dragging the chair, stood him up to pivot him into bed and he collapsed onto the top of me. I had to feed sack his beeg ol butt onto the bed and in the process tore my inguinal regions.

Didn't notice the injury at the time but over the weekend I ached "down there". I rested Sunday, the pain went away, I went to work on Monday and started hurting mid morning. I went down and caught the trauma surgeon in the Medical ICU, told him my plight, at which time we went into an exam room (the bathroom) where I did the turn my head and cough thingy. Had repair surgery on Wednesday. Yeah, they put in a floor mesh.

I tell you all this to say . . . I still can't feel my left nutt. Been 3 years. Sometimes nerves don't reconnect if they've been cut.

Had my whole right hand loose strength after a weekend of crawling around laying laminate flooring. It would just fold up trying to put my hand in my pocket. No pain and no numbness. 3 days rest per the neurosurgeon and I've been great ever since. Rest can help if you've just stressed a nerve.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14027043 06/10/21 01:36 PM
TexDawg Online Content
Top Dawg
Online Content
Top Dawg
Rub some dirt in it.

Seriously though, hope you get well soon dude

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14027291 06/10/21 04:03 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
lconn told me heโ€™s had worse cuts on his eyeballs before.

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14027470 06/10/21 05:45 PM
O
Oldrabbit Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
O
Dang Hop, hopefully all of these heal quickly and they get all of the cancer. The place they cut out on my right forearm a month ago had almost filled in back to flush with the surrounding area. Hope the feeling comes back soon.

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: RayBob] #14027514 06/10/21 06:02 PM
Pescador Loco
OP Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by RayBob
Hops, I'm just now on scene of this wreck.

Doc CC had a clever retort which could be your answer and Dan had some good points too (that hurt to say).

I would think that any dermal surgery would not get into the nerve pathways which are mostly protected by/under muscle tissue. The exception would be when crossing bony joints and yes the ulnar nerve is fully exposed here (funny bone). The radial and ulner nerves are the 2 main nerve roots and they arise via C5-T1. At the shoulder the normal pathway is deep within the axilla region. For all you lay types that would be the arm pit. They seem to run thru the anterior shoulder more.

[Linked Image]

The ulnar is the one that innervates the motor and sensory little finger while the 4th finger gets some from both the ulnar and radial nerves.. I feel safe in saying that the surgeon missed your nerve pathways with his knife. This leaves us with the question of what the heck happened .

I think we can rule out AIDS and COVID-19 for the most parts. Which leads us to Doc CC's thoughts. I'm grateful that this set of thoughts was organized and seemed on point which has been slipping as of late. Positioning while doing surgery. Did they use a general anesthesia. Doesn't seem likely they did a nerve block but maybe. Either way they can move and manipulate your arm and shoulder in ways that you wouldn't normally do while pain is absent to prevent these movements and could have stressed the nerves or even entrapped them in some way.

My recommendations is rest of the affected appendage. No stress movements. On your follow up at the office tell them the effed your arm up and ask the WTH?

On a side note when I had the big 6'5" patient that was getting a bit loud and starting to act out in the ICU while I had him sitting outside his room where I could watch his olde azz . Per the doc at the time said I should give him a sedative to "calm" him. I think I gave him Haldol via IM injection. It knocked his d1(k in the dirt . . . FAST. I needed to get him back in bed before he fell out of the chair. Got him back to the edge of the bed by dragging the chair, stood him up to pivot him into bed and he collapsed onto the top of me. I had to feed sack his beeg ol butt onto the bed and in the process tore my inguinal regions.

Didn't notice the injury at the time but over the weekend I ached "down there". I rested Sunday, the pain went away, I went to work on Monday and started hurting mid morning. I went down and caught the trauma surgeon in the Medical ICU, told him my plight, at which time we went into an exam room (the bathroom) where I did the turn my head and cough thingy. Had repair surgery on Wednesday. Yeah, they put in a floor mesh.

I tell you all this to say . . . I still can't feel my left nutt. Been 3 years. Sometimes nerves don't reconnect if they've been cut.

Had my whole right hand loose strength after a weekend of crawling around laying laminate flooring. It would just fold up trying to put my hand in my pocket. No pain and no numbness. 3 days rest per the neurosurgeon and I've been great ever since. Rest can help if you've just stressed a nerve.

thank you sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman of the first level. grin

this is the current hole, no idea what the face is gonna end up lookin like, as long as it doesn't resemble davedave or dan I am probably good.

[Linked Image]

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14027525 06/10/21 06:08 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
there went my lunch....

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14027573 06/10/21 06:33 PM
S
spacejunkie Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
I suggest that you limit movement for a day or two and drink as much bourbon as you can afford. If you get too much call me and I will come and help take care of the leftover medicinal medicine to insure it does not go bad.

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14028016 06/10/21 11:57 PM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Gotta love this thread. Leave a medical facility to come jump on the Fishing Forum for medical advice. Sounds logical. RayBob and others gave sound advice but I'm leaning towards the "medical 8 ball". I think it's got a good chance.

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: Tsunami_1] #14028019 06/11/21 12:02 AM
Pescador Loco
OP Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1
Gotta love this thread. Leave a medical facility to come jump on the Fishing Forum for medical advice. Sounds logical. RayBob and others gave sound advice but I'm leaning towards the "medical 8 ball". I think it's got a good chance.

screw that, I am printing off all the comments and gonna tape them to a wall and toss a dart, tween that and the 8 ball I think we got this.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: hopalong] #14028026 06/11/21 12:06 AM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Can we do a find the critter with that pic?

Re: cctx, ray bob or any other for real medical types [Re: Sawhorse] #14028029 06/11/21 12:08 AM
Pescador Loco
OP Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Can we do a find the critter with that pic?

if you do please notify me immediately so I can take adequate measures to eradicate it.

grin

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide