P
thumb

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: 603Country] #14018516 06/02/21 03:29 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
theres a guy who put out thousands of crappie condos on that lake, groups of 6. look for the bucket on the bottom, and fish the buckets.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: ThaDudeAbides] #14020110 06/03/21 11:04 PM
R
RODS454 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
i'm planning my next trip to Navarro Mills. I may PM you for some hints since i know you have had some luck out there! i've got side imaging and livescope so hope i could piece together a successful trip without wasting too much time.

If you launch at Oak Park they have a map with coordinates for a lot of structure. I’ve checked quite a few of them and most are very close to the spot. There are hundreds of stake beds. They are very easy to find with side imaging. There are also a lot of submerged trees out from the marina. Usually a few fish hanging out there. I’ve only fished NM for about a year and never with the water level at almost 6’ high. Let us know how you do.

"I'd rather be fishing!"
[Linked Image]

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: leanin post] #14020709 06/04/21 02:07 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by leanin post
theres a guy who put out thousands of crappie condos on that lake, groups of 6. look for the bucket on the bottom, and fish the buckets.

Hey LP that guy would be Mr. Keith Spear! He lives nearby in Malone & knows NM like the back of his hand & he`s one heck of a Crappie Fisherman but he hasn`t been on the forum in a while. I`ve tried calling but haven`t been able to contact him. He has put me on some spots on NM that I never knew were there & also gave me some aerial geographic photos of areas ie. "THE SHOE","THE BRIDGE". a certain spot up in "ASH" & other locations when the lake was low so I would be able to target them when the lake returned to normal pool .I`ve been hoping someone would chime in that know`s what became of him. helpsignWHERE R U KEITH???

Last edited by Fishbonz; 06/04/21 02:32 PM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: RODS454] #14020755 06/04/21 02:42 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by RODS454
Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
i'm planning my next trip to Navarro Mills. I may PM you for some hints since i know you have had some luck out there! i've got side imaging and livescope so hope i could piece together a successful trip without wasting too much time.

If you launch at Oak Park they have a map with coordinates for a lot of structure. I’ve checked quite a few of them and most are very close to the spot. There are hundreds of stake beds. They are very easy to find with side imaging. There are also a lot of submerged trees out from the marina. Usually a few fish hanging out there. I’ve only fished NM for about a year and never with the water level at almost 6’ high. Let us know how you do.

Thanks as always Rod for your info!

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: 603Country] #14021472 06/05/21 03:11 AM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
its a very small lake, so getting it figured out shouldnt br too hard. I plan to make a trip soon as well,. love learning new lakes.

if all else fails the marina is usually good for a fe ive read... they used to pull 2lb plus crappie out of there often.

Last edited by leanin post; 06/05/21 10:50 AM.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: Fishbonz] #14021545 06/05/21 10:52 AM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Fishbonz

Hey LP that guy would be Mr. Keith Spear! He lives nearby in Malone & knows NM like the back of his hand & he`s one heck of a Crappie Fisherman but he hasn`t been on the forum in a while. I`ve tried calling but haven`t been able to contact him. He has put me on some spots on NM that I never knew were there & also gave me some aerial geographic photos of areas ie. "THE SHOE","THE BRIDGE". a certain spot up in "ASH" & other locations when the lake was low so I would be able to target them when the lake returned to normal pool .I`ve been hoping someone would chime in that know`s what became of him. helpsignWHERE R U KEITH???

FISHBONZ u are over your pm limit

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: Fishbonz] #14022749 06/06/21 07:27 PM
Beltonbanger� Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

He is alive and well. Don't know how much fishing he does anymore....but he commented to me on Facebook just the other day!

The "no bull" fish taxidermist!!!!!

Visit me on Facebook!!!
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fin-and-Bones-Taxidermy/337236589711827?ref=stream
Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: leanin post] #14022934 06/06/21 11:23 PM
F
Fishbonz Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F

FISHBONZ u are over your pm limit

OKay i`ll fix it LP thumb

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: 603Country] #14030029 06/13/21 12:40 AM
P
Part-Timer Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
That bridge is cool. I found it, but didn't have time to fish it. I've only been a few times and have a lot of learning to do. Got times the lake was up and I was hesitant to head too far back in the timber.

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: 603Country] #14032897 06/15/21 06:18 PM
603Country Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Here I am on NM Lake today. Water level is really high. The wife and I went out this morning and caught just a few crappie and some white bass. Plenty of fish on the Livescope, but when I dropped a minnow on their heads, they mostly observed it. Maybe this afternoon I’ll do better.

At the Marina at Liberty Hill COE Park, when I got minnows yesterday, they had maps with where the structures were and they even had the GPS coordinates of each.

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: 603Country] #14033700 06/16/21 01:17 PM
el Rojo Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 603Country
Here I am on NM Lake today. Water level is really high. The wife and I went out this morning and caught just a few crappie and some white bass. Plenty of fish on the Livescope, but when I dropped a minnow on their heads, they mostly observed it. Maybe this afternoon I’ll do better.

At the Marina at Liberty Hill COE Park, when I got minnows yesterday, they had maps with where the structures were and they even had the GPS coordinates of each.

Hope you get them this afternoon Kirk!

Re: Navarro Mills Lake - all mine [Re: 603Country] #14036678 06/18/21 10:07 PM
603Country Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
We did Ok. Per the Livescope, there were tons of fish, but most were mostly interested in examining the minnow rather than eating it.

Didn’t get to fish as much as I had hoped. I was pushing the boat off the bank and about to climb in when I slipped in the mud. Hit the water/mud like a ton of bricks, and managed to damage my already hurting left shoulder and drown my iPhone. New phone was $500. Repaired shoulder….well, we’ll see. But, luckily, my wife has decided I can still drive the tractor and shred pasture, so I guess that’s what I’ll be doing the next few days. Might have cracked a rib too. Death by fishing…who knew?

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide