texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,007
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,323
Mark Perry 72,485
JDavis7873ฎ 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,876
Posts13,954,625
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Live Technology #14018468 06/02/21 02:32 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
With Live Scope & Active Target being the newest rage in freshwater fishing I also am CONSIDERING dipping my toe in the waters of this latest Technology and crossing over to the Dark side.However fascinating we may be with this latest Technological marvel in fishing, I find my self more curious as to HOW the Techs in this industry achieve such crystal clear images in the demos of these units but the images of the consumer pale in comparison! I`m sure I`m not the only one! I`ve recently learned through watching Youtube vids that there is a product out there that boast achieving similar results . I`d like to hear from those of you who`ve invested in such a product & whether or no you are impressed or depressed with the investment. What`s your take? It`s been said that the only difference between men & boys is the size of their.....TOYS. btw: i`m still getting one coolio

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Live Technology [Re: Fishbonz] #14018482 06/02/21 02:55 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C
Device demos have always had much better graphics, long before livescope. Livescope is great, we have beat this one to death. Instead of seeing pictures underwater, you see live video underwater. I enjoy just tooling around looking.

Re: Live Technology [Re: Fishbonz] #14018511 06/02/21 03:25 PM
L
leanin post Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Well, im soon going to find out, ive mulled it over, and if fishing becomes way too easy for me, I will sell it
ive seen enough videos to see , that is is amazing technology and I can only imagine what I can do with it, when I have it all figured out,. Take my humminbirds, I figured things out abt it that most still dont know about, by experimenting, and discussing intricacies with the engineers in atlanta , some things are proprietary and closely gaurded secrets,
trying things with it that strays from the way others use it by professed experts who make claims that are not entirely accurate. I plan to get the most out of the technology, and may start giving on water instructions again, to help people out.

One thing im wondering abt livescope is the 20 degree cone angle.
Now if you take a cone, look thru it, you will get a 20 degree view out of it, for a few inches,,, but the further out you look, that 20 degrees opens up.
Heres an example.. if you look thru a cup, that is 20 degrees angle., and measure the width of an object that is 2 feet away, it will cover an area of around 20 degrees. then look at an object around 50 feet away, go measure the width of the coverage area, like by putting 2 stakes in the ground spaced several feet apart. your going to be viewing more that 20 degrees coverage. maybe 60 degrees. looking at livescope videos, this is plain to see, you see a stump, or tree that is maybe 2 feet wide, but you also see the water column around it, maybe 15 feet,. so it will be interesting to see how things are viewed with this technology,, also if garmin can make a 20 degree cone angle, they can likely later make a 60 degree cone angle.
Im planning to use a portable system, to transfer from boat to boat.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: Live Technology [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #14018526 06/02/21 03:43 PM
F
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by CrazyCrappieGuy
Device demos have always had much better graphics, long before livescope. Livescope is great, we have beat this one to death. Instead of seeing pictures underwater, you see live video underwater. I enjoy just tooling around looking.

I totally understand about the demo Graphics and how much better they are . I`m seeking info from those that have invested in the product ( it`s a harness) out there that allows them to achieve the same Results as the DEMOS and does it do as advertised.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Live Technology [Re: Fishbonz] #14018534 06/02/21 03:49 PM
R
rockyp1017 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
The most frustrating thing I have found about my Livescope is seeing all of the fish but not being able to make them bite. I have learned that I was actually missing fish because I could not fell them. Now I can see when the fish takes my bait and I know to set the hook. So many fish just inhale and don't move so you never feel the "thump".

Live Purple, Love Gold!
Geaux Tigers!
Re: Live Technology [Re: Fishbonz] #14018572 06/02/21 04:40 PM
F
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Maybe I didn`t make myself clear enough so i`ll try again. Has anyone that is currently using live technology ever invested in the aftermarket WIRING HARNESS that boast achieving the same results as the demo images on your unit & if so what is your opinion of the HARNESS. Anybody?

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Live Technology [Re: Fishbonz] #14018660 06/02/21 05:41 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by Fishbonz
Maybe I didn`t make myself clear enough so i`ll try again. Has anyone that is currently using live technology ever invested in the aftermarket WIRING HARNESS that boast achieving the same results as the demo images on your unit & if so what is your opinion of the HARNESS. Anybody?

No. I have not. I ainโ€™t buying no harness.

Re: Live Technology [Re: Fishbonz] #14018723 06/02/21 06:39 PM
C
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C

Can you post a link of what you are talking about? I never heard of this, and when I google "livescope harness" I do not see anything that improves image quality, which sounds like what you are describing.

Re: Live Technology [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #14018728 06/02/21 06:49 PM
F
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F

Can you post a link of what you are talking about? I never heard of this, and when I google "livescope harness" I do not see anything that improves image quality, which sounds like what you are describing.

That`s EXAXTLY what I`m talking about CCG! It`s new I think and I can`t remember what state the guy is in that has patented it but it`s a wiring harness that is suppose to make your images just like those demo images.You hook it up to all your existing units from back to front. It`s a patented product. I can`t remember the name of it ... that`s why I asking if anyone on the forum has heard and currently using it.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Live Technology [Re: Fishbonz] #14018751 06/02/21 07:09 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
On cloudy days you won't have to run your sensitivity up and the images are a lot clearer but to see your graph on bright days it takes running your unit hotter which shows the fish better but also shows some clutter.....
I haven't heard nor seen a harness advertised anywhere to improve live scope images..... I doubt I'd hook anything other than something from Garmin up to my units.....I don't want to have to hunt someone down to pay me my money back for something they said would work on my way too expensive unit...... roflmao

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: Live Technology [Re: SK.] #14018847 06/02/21 08:36 PM
F
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by SK.
On cloudy days you won't have to run your sensitivity up and the images are a lot clearer but to see your graph on bright days it takes running your unit hotter which shows the fish better but also shows some clutter.....
I haven't heard nor seen a harness advertised anywhere to improve live scope images..... I doubt I'd hook anything other than something from Garmin up to my units.....I don't want to have to hunt someone down to pay me my money back for something they said would work on my way too expensive unit...... roflmao
Well I have my brotha! roflmao In fact I saw it on a youtube channel but can`t remember who`s channel it was. If my memory serves me correctly a lot of southern tournament anglers are using it to give independent & constant power to their electronics without power /ampre drops & interference from other onboard electronics like bilge,areators,power poles etc. I think it was meant to UPGREAD the connection from the power source to units to have them perform at their peak. Same as when you upgrade your battery when you go to a Bigger unit that requires more juice to power it all day. I wish I could remember who`s youtube channel it was. I know i`m not the only one on the forum that`s heard of it.Maybe someone will chime in about this thing and give a better explanation. BTW: The other day when yall BLESSED that old guy with the fish at the ramp on the YouTube video,that was my neck of the woods. I was still catching them up the creek last week in between the rainy days.You guys really get around!

Last edited by Fishbonz; 06/02/21 08:49 PM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Live Technology [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #14018855 06/02/21 08:42 PM
F
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F

It`s not just for live scope it for all top end Electronics the way I understand it. Makes them perform the way they were meant to perform & more without power /ampre dropage during the course of the day. noideaI`m just tryna explain what I saw . roflmao

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: Live Technology [Re: Fishbonz] #14018880 06/02/21 09:11 PM
C
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
C

It`s not just for live scope it for all top end Electronics the way I understand it. Makes them perform the way they were meant to perform & more without power /ampre dropage during the course of the day. noideaI`m just tryna explain what I saw . roflmao

Reminds me when I first got my hummingbird unit, and first time out. I had it on demo and didn't know it, I'm like OMG look at all this structure and fish!! roflmao

Re: Live Technology [Re: Fishbonz] #14018908 06/02/21 09:49 PM
shut-up-and-fish Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

No need to go out and purchase the elaborate harness you mention. "OverKill" Here at shut-up-and-fish we utilize a simple 10 gauge marine-grade wire and power the electronics directly to the starting or dedicated battery.
I operate my Garmin equipment out of the box at factory setting. The only three settings I change are my Gain, Forward Range, and Depth Range. Deeper the water higher my gain. Shallower the water, lower my gain. I run my electronics on a Lithium battery but not required. Just be sure you have a very good battery, one with a high reserve capacity, and that you have a good battery management system/charger. I have had Livescope for three years now with the same unit from the get-go.
Keep it simple...https://shut-up-and-fish.com/ancor-safety-duplex-cable-10-2-awg-red-yellow-flat-25-124102/

This fish struck my jig three times...

Here is perspective mode: A school of largemouth bass 3-6 pound range.

Overkill...https://seaclearpower.com/product/sea-clear-power-marine-graph-wiring-harness/

[Linked Image]
www.shut-up-and-fish.com
From *Sales, *Installation Services, and *On the shop floor Education & Instructional Tips
We have you covered here @ shut-up-and-fish for all of your Humminbird, Lowrance,
Garmin, Minn Kota & Motorguide needs plus much more - Call Now 972 822 9285
Re: Live Technology [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #14018920 06/02/21 10:07 PM
S
SK. Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S

Reminds me when I first got my hummingbird unit, and first time out. I had it on demo and didn't know it, I'm like OMG look at all this structure and fish!! roflmao

I know you're kidding.......LOL.... If not..LOL

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide