Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Yamaha and Suzuki shortages #14012364 05/27/21 04:59 PM
Allison1 Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
Yamaha announced that they are suspending all current orders and will start taking new ones on July 1st.
Suzuki is doing something very similar.

Mercury is months behind on their orders too.

So get them if you can find them or plan to hold on to what you have.

Toyota is having the same problem. I went by Toyota of FT Worth the other day and they had under new cars on the lot.
They normally have 400 according to a salesman I asked and expect the shortage should last till at least July.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Allison1] #14012385 05/27/21 05:12 PM
Sinkey Offline
Tidy Scoop
Tidy Scoop
This is why you are not seeing many boats on the showroom floors anywhere.

Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Allison1] #14012408 05/27/21 05:23 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
I am in manufacturing, current situation is not good. We are experiencing rationing, the price of poker has gone up significantly since the first of the year. Elections have consequences!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Allison1] #14012423 05/27/21 05:33 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
bang I have had it with this shortage deal

Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Allison1] #14012448 05/27/21 05:53 PM
M
Mac Town Fuzz Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
When I bought my skeeter in February the salesman told me there were plenty of hulls ready to go, but no motors to put on them.

Last edited by Mac Town Fuzz; 05/27/21 05:59 PM.
Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Bass Buster1] #14012453 05/27/21 05:55 PM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1
I am in manufacturing, current situation is not good. We are experiencing rationing, the price of poker has gone up significantly since the first of the year. Elections have consequences!

this has less to do with elections and more to do with covid. Deep freeze in Texas didn't help on the plastics side either. Pretending covid was a farce for 6 months didn't help. Lots of factors that are f'ing up the supply chain for furniture, cars, parts. All kinds of things. I cover retail across the US and see this every day.
https://hbr.org/2021/03/the-latest-supply-chain-disruption-plastics

Last edited by Greg W; 05/27/21 06:02 PM.
Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Allison1] #14012505 05/27/21 06:48 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
"Pretending covid was a farce for 6 months didn't help."

I'd be interested in hearing more how you formed this opinion.

I think if anything if we took it for what it really was/is by statistics we would be in a better situation.

As far as elections go , I do think it's related in that our lovely friends on the left can't seem to let it go away.

Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Greg W] #14012540 05/27/21 07:22 PM
U
Used2fish Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
U
Originally Posted by Greg W
Originally Posted by Bass Buster1

this has less to do with elections and more to do with covid. Deep freeze in Texas didn't help on the plastics side either. Pretending covid was a farce for 6 months didn't help. Lots of factors that are f'ing up the supply chain for furniture, cars, parts. All kinds of things. I cover retail across the US and see this every day.
https://hbr.org/2021/03/the-latest-supply-chain-disruption-plastics

So pretending it was a farse and keeping on keeping on caused this not shutting down factories? Interesting take.

Last edited by Used2fish; 05/27/21 07:37 PM.
Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Tiltman] #14012547 05/27/21 07:26 PM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Tiltman

I think if anything if we took it for what it really was/is by statistics we would be in a better situation.

As far as elections go , I do think it's related in that our lovely friends on the left can't seem to let it go away.

Well, having some of the highest infection rates in the developed world certainly didn't help. I don't put it all on Trump. The populace was a big part of the problem too. As to who can't let it go, HELLO check recounts in Arizona and potential ones in Georgia. We're at the stupid stage now. Both sides.

I'm politically right leaning and generally vote Republican so don't put me in some leftist bin. But I know that covid, deep freeze, canal blockages have had WAY more to do with shortages than Biden being in office for 4 months. These shortages have been building for a long time. I recently worked with a mattress manufacturer on a digital transformation project. I'm an enterprise architect and do business strategy and IT alignments. Trouble is even if I can get more people to their stores and web site, they can't get the mattresses made. This isn't new, it's been a year+ long struggle. Even with hotel demand for new mattresses way down they still have significant supply challenges. I'm not smart enough in supply chain to know all the challenges, but I do know my customers have been dealing with them since last summer and the deep freeze and canal blockage made things much worse.

Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Greg W] #14012558 05/27/21 07:33 PM
Mark Perry Offline
Super Freak
Super Freak

Well, having some of the highest infection rates in the developed world certainly didn't help. I don't put it all on Trump. The populace was a big part of the problem too. As to who can't let it go, HELLO check recounts in Arizona and potential ones in Georgia. We're at the stupid stage now. Both sides.

I'm politically right leaning and generally vote Republican so don't put me in some leftist bin. But I know that covid, deep freeze, canal blockages have had WAY more to do with shortages than Biden being in office for 4 months. These shortages have been building for a long time. I recently worked with a mattress manufacturer on a digital transformation project. I'm an enterprise architect and do business strategy and IT alignments. Trouble is even if I can get more people to their stores and web site, they can't get the mattresses made. This isn't new, it's been a year+ long struggle. Even with hotel demand for new mattresses way down they still have significant supply challenges. I'm not smart enough in supply chain to know all the challenges, but I do know my customers have been dealing with them since last summer and the deep freeze and canal blockage made things much worse.

Yamaha and Suzuki outboards are built in Japan. What we did in regards to COVID here in the US had no impact on those motors being made.

Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Greg W] #14012588 05/27/21 08:02 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

not at all putting you in a leftist bin......so what is the death rate vs true infection rate?

It is and was very selectively deadly and I get that. But the world was shut down in a panic and for nefarious reasons.

If you believe that was a legit election, can I interest you in some lake front property on the moon ?

Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Allison1] #14012596 05/27/21 08:14 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Rely on China and we will be owned by China, if we can’t start making products in this country again, we all will be in a bad situation. This shortage is just the beginning, it’s not the middle or end, it won’t be good.

Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: grout-scout] #14012599 05/27/21 08:16 PM
Tiltman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Rely on China and we will be owned by China, if we can’t start making products in this country again, we all will be in a bad situation. This shortage is just the beginning, it’s not the middle or end, it won’t be good.

wisdom , at least turn Mexico into our manufacturing hub

Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Allison1] #14012606 05/27/21 08:22 PM
N
NoWeighers Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
N
Need a new lower unit for a 250 SHO.. Dealer says July if we're lucky..

Guess I can fish close to the ramp..

James Bendele
Falcon Lake Tackle
"On the eighth day, Man invented the Fish Hook."
Re: Yamaha and Suzuki shortages [Re: Tiltman] #14012626 05/27/21 08:46 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by grout-scout

wisdom , at least turn Mexico into our manufacturing hub

That would work and be beneficial to both countries.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide