Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010011 05/25/21 06:47 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Two brand new spinning rod outfits, and a brand new set of boat buckles...still had tags in all of it.
.....ON ONE CAST! It was better than winning the working mans tourney that night. Lol.

Caught anbeqch umbrella on Pool once. Trying to break off, but it slowly kept coming up. VERRRYYY SLOWLY.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010012 05/25/21 06:47 PM
S
stratos caster Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
S
One of those gizmos outlaws use to shock up fish.

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010019 05/25/21 06:59 PM
M
Mudman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
A cracked bong, hooked it in the crack.

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010026 05/25/21 07:07 PM
Bruce Allen Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
a round rock that went about 5 lb. gave me a real good fight. Had one barnacle on it and that is what my square bill hook caught on.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010079 05/25/21 07:32 PM
B
Bill Durham Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
last year I got hung on something that I could move.. was throwing a slab spoon for white bass. I get it up and its a piece of half inch nylon rope. I keep pulling on the rope and its just about 50' long and has a big claw anchor on it! I kept the rope and took the anchor to the drop off station. It hadn't been in the water long, the rope was in pretty good shape.

BD

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: TxFisherman03] #14010083 05/25/21 07:34 PM
F
Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by TxFisherman03
Caught a used condom..... Wonderful Lake Arlington...

I've caught panties, bra, lawn chair, and a few beer cans from lake arlington lol

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010093 05/25/21 07:41 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
A chainsaw.

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010118 05/25/21 08:04 PM
S
Slide_R Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
All on the same day...

* Large set of granny panties
* Full beer, caught by the pull tab
* Crayfish on a plastic worm
* Freshwater muscle that closed down on my crappie jig

Funny part of the day was actually catching bass, crappie and sunfish.

Robert Oleson
aka Slide_R

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: Finesse EMPEROR/ Dropshot King] #14010121 05/25/21 08:08 PM
C
COWBOYSFAN008 Offline
Angler
Angler
C
probably the same folks!

"On the 8th day, God created the DALLAS COWBOYS"
Real men love Jesus, don't wear scarves, pop their gum, or use an umbrella....IMO

<*\\\><
PHIL 4:13
Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010123 05/25/21 08:09 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
A kite

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010162 05/25/21 08:48 PM
fivebites Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
I snagged the once in a lifetime, ever elusive, unicorn young hot gal at the world famous East Fork Restaurant, dance hall, and crab shack!

2019 Chevy Tahoe
2018 Basscat Eyra 250 Proxs
PB Wife of 32 years!
PB Largemouth 9.56 Ray Roberts
Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010165 05/25/21 08:52 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
.several years ago was fishing a Redman(BFL) tourney on Lake Sinclair(Ga.)..was fishing around docks and came up on one with couple little boys bream fishing off it..one was probably 6 years old and other one couple years older........did the usual "catching anything" greeting and both of them started telling me about a giant catfish had pulled their fishing rod out of the holder and swam off the night before and it was the older boys brand new rod and reel....both of the boys were kinda dejected over losing the rod and we told them we were sorry and continued fishing down the bank...
probably about two docks down,I saw a bobber in water at edge of a boat house with no rods on nearby docks...just on a hunch,I raised the bobber up with my rod tip and pulled the bobber to the boat and pulled in the line....no giant catfish but there was a brand new rod and push button reel....

I turned around and headed back where the boys were on the dock....as I got with within earshot I told them I had found a rod and reel that I might sell cheap...the older boy asked how much and I replied probably a dollar would be enough....older boy told the younger one to run up to the house and get a "dollar from Daddy"...and younger started to the house and I told him to hold on a minute til they saw the rod because it might not be worth a dollar....I can tell you,it was worth a hundred dollars to see the look on their faces when they saw the rod lying on my deck,recognized it as theirs and both of them trying to tell me at same time that was the rod the catfish had swam away with...I told them that if that was their rod,I just couldn't charge them anything......and it was worth another hundred dollars to have seen them running up to the cabin hollering out to their Dad they had got their rod back...

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010171 05/25/21 09:06 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
here's another weird things story...

bass,a brick and a banker story.

Back in late 80's Redman (BFL) held a combined Bama/Georgia tournament on Lake Eufaula...I think they way underestimated the number of fishermen who would show up...it was about 375 fishermen and back then Redman tournys were draw type so the drawing took several hours as did boat launching the next morning and taking boats out after the tourney...weigh in went pretty good with two sets of scales but they never tried to do a combined tourney again...
it was typical tough post spawn fishing on Eufaula and mid morning I only had two small fish when I decided to fish a bluff wall on south end of lake...the river channel kicks in against the bluff and there was 40 yard stretch where I had caught some good fish over the years...
I was casting a jig N pig and there was a ledge about 10 ft deep on this bluff with some trees/logs washed up against it then it dropped off to 30-40 ft.....I get a bite and it was a strong fish,finally get it up to the top and it's too big to jump and is wallowing on surface and my no boater managed to get the net under it before it can dive again..... it weighed .9lbs 4 oz...
my no boater asked if I had another one of those jig n pigs and after that great netting job,I hopped down,got one out and even tied it on for him.. he makes a cast before I could get back on front and catches a 5 1/2 lb fish.....(that little act of kindness would cost me)
we fish a little further down the ledge,I hop the jig and get this mushy feeling and set the hook....something jerked back so hard it almost took the rod out of my hand,I pull back and get another couple of hard pulls just like if a big bass has got your line over a limb...I get over top of the fish,give it some slack and this "fish" dives again....was only using 14 lb test line so I couldn't put a lot pressure but finally get it coming up toward the boat....a
at this point,I'm convinced I've got a huge bass snugged up against a limb and am pulling both to the top...even told my no boater that he may have to drop the net and reach under a limb to grab fishes jaw...
seemed to take forever but finally I got it to the top.....and it was a damn oversize brick that somebody had put a wire loop on and was using as a anchor...
I had hooked the wire loop which was the "mushy feeling" and when I set the hook the brick started tumbling down the bluff and everytime I gave it slack,the brick would tumble down the wall further...having just caught a 9lb fish,it didn't take much to convince me I had hooked another one...
I think I finished 6th and got a pretty good check but as mentioned earlier I would have won the tourney if I had caught that 5 1/2 lb fish my no boater caught...
I did end winning big fish for the tournament and the pot was about $1,500. and the largest big fish pot I ever won.....back then big fish pot was $5.00 per fisherman with $1.00 going to bass research and $4.00 going to big fish winner...
the banker in this story is a guy I got drawn out with a year later in a Redman/BFL tourny on Lake Wheeler in north Alabama...It was my first time to fish the lake and I decided to go as a no-boater...drew a guy from area that who mentioned he managed a small bank......
during the course of the day,we got to talking about big fish and he mentioned he almost won big fish on the Eufaula tournament the year before...went on to say that he had weighed in his 9lbs 2oz fish early and had been leading for the entire tournament and with only a few guys left in the weigh in line,he had gone into the marina to get a coke....I believe his exact words were "when I came back out,one of my buddies told me some sumbitch had weighed in a bass 2 ounces heavier than mine".....
I told him if it was any consolation,him being a banker and all,the guy what won probably needed the money more than him....he immediately asked if I knew that guy and when I told him he was looking at him.....he threatened to make me swim to the bank...

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010184 05/25/21 09:21 PM
C
Coolarrow Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
C
I was fishing a Carolina rig on Rayburn last fall. I got hung up so I got out my lure retriever. I went to work trying to recover my rig. I finally got it loose! It was really snagged up. I pulled it I and I had recovered my Carolina rig, and my retriever along with another Carolina rig and hound dog lure retriever! The Carolina rig I caught was a really nice one with brass weights and beads. Poor guy lost his rig and his retriever trying to get it. I still use both of them. Lol

Re: Weird things you've snagged [Re: BrockstaRama] #14010254 05/25/21 10:21 PM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
The steel part (only) of a lawn rake on Conroe.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide