Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Skeeter FXR Owners [Re: N2Bass] #14004473 05/20/21 02:56 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Originally Posted by N2Bass
I’ve got the FXR21. I like it better than the 22’ Ranger I owned. Love the lay out and fishability. As for rough water, this boat rides as good and as bad as the rest. Rough water is just that. A rough ride. As for porpoising, it does happen when you come off plane and run at lower speeds. Just trim down. You’ll learn and it becomes easy. Fit and finish is great. No issues there. The trailer is built solid. Overall, I think it’s a bad [censored] boat. And I’m as picky as you will find.

This!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Skeeter FXR Owners [Re: Spyder_Jig] #14009063 05/25/21 12:18 AM
S
Spyder_Jig Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
S
Thanks for all the feedback here. I'm still on the fence. The more I research and look on various forums and facebook pages the more I lean towards Phoenix over Skeeter. I can't seem to get past all the quality issues I'm seeing as of recent with all the skeeter boats. I wonder if this is just a period of bad quality due to COVID or something else?

Make every cast count!
Re: Skeeter FXR Owners [Re: Spyder_Jig] #14009295 05/25/21 04:45 AM
N
N2Bass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
N
Originally Posted by Spyder_Jig
Thanks for all the feedback here. I'm still on the fence. The more I research and look on various forums and facebook pages the more I lean towards Phoenix over Skeeter. I can't seem to get past all the quality issues I'm seeing as of recent with all the skeeter boats. I wonder if this is just a period of bad quality due to COVID or something else?

It’s all relative man. There is no perfect boat. They all have their good and their bad aspects. All the major brands will fish. Don’t bog yourself down with what random people tell you. Go look at them closely in person and buy what your gut tells you to buy. Then get ready to fix something with whatever you get. Cause they all have issues at some level.

Re: Skeeter FXR Owners [Re: N2Bass] #14009492 05/25/21 01:22 PM
Stompy Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler

It’s all relative man. There is no perfect boat. They all have their good and their bad aspects. All the major brands will fish. Don’t bog yourself down with what random people tell you. Go look at them closely in person and buy what your gut tells you to buy. Then get ready to fix something with whatever you get. Cause they all have issues at some level.

That's the truth and good advice.

www.jaranchhunting.com
Cabin Rentals on the ranch for Hubbard Creek Lake
Re: Skeeter FXR Owners [Re: Stompy] #14009505 05/25/21 01:27 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Stompy

That's the truth and good advice.

I see a ton of people complaining about the new FXR's but if you read the other owners pages you will see a ton of people complaining about their boats as well. hammer

Any manufacturer that produces more than a handful of boats will have some problems.

If you spend too much time worrying about them you will spend less time fishing! cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Skeeter FXR Owners [Re: N2Bass] #14010060 05/25/21 07:24 PM
Sinkey Online Content
Tidy Scoop
Online Content
Tidy Scoop

This is the best one yet. All boats have flaws sometimes. I had a Phoenix that stayed in the shop and sold it with 15 hrs. Hated it! But thats not to say I'd never buy another one. Ive had Skeeters have some issues too. Right now I think all manufacturers are having issues with build times, getting motors in, parts, etc.
Another thing you need to look at is re-sale.

Re: Skeeter FXR Owners [Re: N2Bass] #14010581 05/26/21 02:42 AM
B
Bowtech32 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B

Best quote ever and right on the money!

2021 Skeeter ZXR21 Yamaha SHO 250
93 Ranger 372 150xr6
Re: Skeeter FXR Owners [Re: Sinkey] #14010874 05/26/21 02:11 PM
Mark Perry Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
Originally Posted by Sinkey

This is the best one yet. All boats have flaws sometimes. I had a Phoenix that stayed in the shop and sold it with 15 hrs. Hated it! But thats not to say I'd never buy another one. Ive had Skeeters have some issues too. Right now I think all manufacturers are having issues with build times, getting motors in, parts, etc.
Another thing you need to look at is re-sale.

Exactly. If you read any of the owner's forums you will see ALL brands have some issues even the ones people claim they are joining a family with when they buy one. Some of those forums will almost not even allow someone to say anything negative about a brand without taking it personal, claiming the poster is a troll and tarring and feathering the guy for not worshipping the brand. I don't understand that mentality and never will. All brands have issues and when a person has an issue I care more about how it gets resolved rather than some guys thinking someone having an issue threatens their fanboyisms.
At the end of the day the person buying it needs to buy what they want, what appeals to them and what they feel is best for them no matter the brand.

Re: Skeeter FXR Owners [Re: Bowtech32] #14010876 05/26/21 02:11 PM
B
Bass Buster1 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Bowtech32

Best quote ever and right on the money!

So write my check for $75,000 and then be prepared to sink more money into the boat to keep it on the water. Might as well keep my 92 Javelin, that is basically what I do now. If I buy a new boat it is so I don't have to fix stuff any more.

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide