Forums59
Topics1,037,836
Posts13,935,361
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14004684 05/20/21 05:24 PM
A
avid_basser Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
A
I've got a few...

PB with my dad, lunkers with my buddy taking 9th place at a state event, etc...

Most memorable is my first real bass that my Grandpa had mounted for me. It was around 3 pounds, but I acted like it was 10. Came off a dock in the Apple River, WI. I was catching dinner with a beetle spin and messing with crappie and gills. I kept seeing this black mass follow my bait only to have it robbed by a gill. I then sent the lure out farther than I was normally casting and counted down a few seconds...as I reeled it back my UL light doubled over and the drag began to squeal. As I got the bass to the dock I could tell it was the fish that was following it back. I drug it up to the shoreline and immediately started to freak out. I tossed it into my catch bucket and ran up to the house. Grandpa was at the store so I waited...then as he drove up I ripped that bass out like it was on fire. A year later I came to visit him and he had it wrapped up as my birthday present. Still have this bass...but it's seen better days. Sometime soon, I'll have it refurbished.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14004750 05/20/21 06:23 PM
O
over the hill @PK Offline
Angler
Angler
O
I would have to said it was the 13#10 oz I caught .They say that big fish can't jump This one cleared the water 4 times while pulling my 2 man boat 20 yards and with every jump my heart jumped to my throat.lol

Butch Farmer
Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14004755 05/20/21 06:25 PM
O
over the hill @PK Offline
Angler
Angler
O
I would have to said it was the 13#10 oz I caught .They say that big fish can't jump This one cleared the water 4 times while pulling my 2 man boat 20 yards and with every jump my heart jumped to my throat.lol

Butch Farmer
Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14004780 05/20/21 06:38 PM
Champion1 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Early 90's fished a Honey Hole Big Bass tourney at Fork. Back then you could weigh 3 over 21 inches. First cast was at 6:00 at 6:03 we were headed to weighin with a 7.86 on a Spook. Later I caught a 7.36 on Spook. Got 4 checks that day. Big bass first hour, Big bass last hour, 3rd place overall, and 8th place overall. Good times!

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14004801 05/20/21 06:55 PM
T
tejasbass Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
I tend to remember the one that got away!!!

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14005293 05/21/21 03:33 AM
F
formula462 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
Summer, lake was low and fishing a jig in 2fow in Lili pads. I made a pitch in an open spot and from my left I saw the pad stalks getting hammered as it made it's way towards my bait. I knew it was a big one and the anticipation was almost too much as it broke into the clear, I picked the jig up and WHAM! It was a fight I will never forget, landing my pb of 11.1 lbs.

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14005566 05/21/21 02:15 PM
InTheClear Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
10.6 flipping hardwoods on Sugar Lake, the fish has gone around the prop and under the boat and jumped before the guide and I had time to process it.

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14006083 05/22/21 12:00 AM
C
coachmas Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
Lake O Pines ABA years ago. 2-day championship, I’m fishing as the co-angler and fishing is tough for summer time. After day one, I’m in 5 place with 6-7lbs 3-fish and was 3rd in AOY going into the tourney. Day 2 boater is out of it. I had a solid 3lber, another 2+, but had struggled on the day losing a couple fish and not getting bites. With an hour to go, boater asks if I want to stay where we are with a chance to catch a better quality fish or run south and check a deep spot that he had caught several 13-15” fish drop shoting day 1. I just wanted another keeper and didn’t care the size. Make the run, I don’t have a drop shot and honestly had only done it a couple times so I opt for a c-rig. In the first 15 min, the boater had caught 3 with 2 being 2lb keepers. He tells me to stop being hard headed and rig up a drop shot. We have 15 min or so let before weigh-in. I rig one up on my top water rod, he gives me a finesse worm to use. On my 3rd cast, he sets the hook again on his now 5th fish, I drop my rod and grab the net. He has a solid 15-16” fish. As soon as I net it for him, I notice my rod swing off the back of the boat seat and hit the side of the boat. I immediately lunged and grabbed the rod and lifted. Yep!! Hooked up. Get it up and netted. Solid 3rd keeper. We haul it back to weigh-in and make it with 30 seconds to spare. End up being the fish that won the tournament for me and as a bonus I also won AOY. Will never forget that 2lb fish or the boater. Coach

Last edited by coachmas; 05/22/21 12:02 AM.

Wishin I was Fishin!!!

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14006220 05/22/21 02:40 AM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
it wasn't a fish that I caught , after my son graduated from college , we went out to our local lake --- cloudy , very little wind , early AM . We had been throwing spinnerbaits in and out of weed patch's --- a strong pattern at this lake , we had a few in the boat . He decides to start throwing a spook . , he hooks up and lands a 8+ . It was that actual fish that made me realize he was a better fisherman than I am --- it was a great day .

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14006236 05/22/21 02:54 AM
G
goodman_fishing Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
G
My most memorable up until a couple of weeks ago was my PB, probably just shy of 10lb. Fishing a spinnerbait in florida through some submerged trees and the bait stopped. Hung up. I pull, wiggle the rod and try to work it loose....then it pulls drag on 65lb braid. FISH ON. I run it down on the trolling motor and get it through the trees, very fun!

My new most memorable is probably my son's first. He had a little coaching and a hookset by dad, but I'm counting it

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14006242 05/22/21 02:59 AM
D
Dr JL Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
The last time I fished with my Dad. It was on Rayburn and I was finishing high school. I had been busy thinking about other things but he and I fished together one last time right before I went to college. He took me out and schooled me catching five times more fish than me using a trig purple worm. That last fish he caught near sunset is my favorite memory. I have caught many big ones since and have a ton of fishing memories but those are all due to him teaching me to love fishing. I love my Dad.
Way to go Goodys getting your kids first bass. He will always be thankful you are teaching him to fish!
Great video Clark BTW.

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14006603 05/22/21 02:53 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
the one the guide said was 17 LB at Rodman in Florida

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14006634 05/22/21 03:14 PM
B
blooper961 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
When I was young my dad would always give me advice.
A big fish splashed and I ran to put my bait right where it splashed.
My dad says dont do that. That fish is lone gone.
I put the bait on the splash and caught a 5 lb bass.
A monster for a little kid

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Bruce Allen] #14006679 05/22/21 04:30 PM
C
cali kid Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by Bruce Allen
the one the guide said was 17 LB at Rodman in Florida

Would like to hear this story

Re: What is the Most Memorable Bass You Have Caught? [Re: Clark Reehm] #14007166 05/23/21 01:36 AM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
1999 fishing with my friend "flippin" who guides at Rodman 4 days a week. We took his boat, a case of beer and 2 dozen big shiners. We were trolling the shiners and caught some nice bass and a few large "jacks" that are really chain pickerel. I got a big bass on and after finally stopping the boat it turned out to be an 8 LB male.

He owns a computer business in Gainesville at UN of Florida. He has a manager and guides 4 days a week at Rodman. We were down visiting and staying with him and his wife at their home. Flippin said there has to be a really big female in the area. So the big bass came down on a stump after a pretty high jump but seemed to be OK when I released him.

Rodman at the time had a whole lot of standing timber. He saw an opening in the timber and drove the boat thru and as we went past their was a huge bed on the right side. The area only had that one opening and was pretty dense timber in like a circle. He took the boat to the back and about 4' deep with very clear water . This was well before power poles.
We both cast our shiners over to the bed and turned away to get some fresh bottles out and were yakking away and I turned back to tell him both of our floats were missing,
Flippin told me before we ever went out to Rodman that he had at least 35 customers over the years that had caught bass over 15 LBs, To this day it still has a reputation as a big bass factory. And bass anglers have been fighting the state and greenies who want to pull the dam and let it go back as a natural river.

So, he said to me what pound test I had on my rod and I told him 20 #. He said his reel had 30 #. But I hadn't fish with a right hand reel in my lifetime. So he took my rod and shook it and shook it and finally that float came up and he reeled it in. He said when you are ready set the hook and he would have the net ready.
I set it and this very large bass came up tp the surface and wallowed around quite a bit before it dove under and came straight at the boat.
When it went under the boat and missed the net I should have free spooled her but I am sorry to say it didn't occur to me in those seconds and she broke the 30# line.
Flippin said she was at least 17 LB. He put a marker on the stump where her bed was and said he'd be back tomorrow to catch her. When we left Florida a came to Texas for a couple of weeks and I didn't get back with him for a while.
He never said that he did or didn't.

So, he asked me what I would have dome with her had we actually boated her. I told him we'd take some pictures and the release her.
Even though I didn't land that big girl over my lifetime I have landed many big fish in both freshwater and saltwater. I have a 50# Redfish on the wall over my head right now.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide