Forums59
Topics1,039,221
Posts13,961,169
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: C130] #13998573 05/15/21 01:35 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by C130
Originally Posted by WALLS

He was fishing and you bit hard hooked. Absolutely no offense, but I'm betting you just proved his first statement in his mind.

He just likes to comment on BCB owners and I know what he was doing, just thought I’d give him something to talk about now. It’s not like it’s his first time. I think deep down he has BCB envy but just doesn’t want to admit it.
roflmao

Yeah I have envy, only certain people are allowed to buy BassCats. You have to fill out a sensitivity form first, if you get upset when someone says some negative, you’re allowed permission to buy one. You can go back to Kens very first Hybrid video and read all the cry baby comments, yet that boat ended up scoring something like the 3rd/4th highest. roflmao

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: grout-scout] #13998586 05/15/21 01:53 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by grout-scout

He was fishing and you bit hard hooked. Absolutely no offense, but I'm betting you just proved his first statement in his mind.

He just likes to comment on BCB owners and I know what he was doing, just thought I’d give him something to talk about now. It’s not like it’s his first time. I think deep down he has BCB envy but just doesn’t want to admit it.
roflmao

Yeah I have envy, only certain people are allowed to buy BassCats. You have to fill out a sensitivity form first, if you get upset when someone says some negative, you’re allowed permission to buy one. You can go back to Kens very first Hybrid video and read all the cry baby comments, yet that boat ended up scoring something like the 3rd/4th highest. roflmao

I don’t think anyone cries more regarding BCB than you do, kinda funny/weird how it upsets you so much. Talk about sensitivity lol_2

Last edited by C130; 05/15/21 01:55 PM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: KenTx1962] #13998604 05/15/21 02:14 PM
J
Jerry Brown Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
J
Congrats Ken, really enjoyed watching all the video's. Beautiful boat!!

I dont exaggerateI just remember BIG !!!

www.rayhubbardbassclub.com
Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: C130] #13998615 05/15/21 02:37 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

roflmao

I don’t think anyone cries more regarding BCB than you do, kinda funny/weird how it upsets you so much. Talk about sensitivity lol_2

Wait, how am I crying when I’m laughing at the BC guys being sensitive? hmmm popcorn

I mentioned Rick denouncing Kens series and how he wanted “nothing to do with them” (his words on BBC) and I’m the one that’s offended. Lol, priceless.

Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: KenTx1962] #13998621 05/15/21 02:47 PM
J
JarrodMc Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
Congratulations Ken. I have a Caracal which is very similar. I’ve been very satisfied with my boat. Beautiful color scheme you picked out. Hope to see you on the water some day.

Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: C130] #13998643 05/15/21 03:17 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G

roflmao

BCB owners are like crossfitters. It's a nice boat, but its not enough for it to be a nice boat.....

Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: grout-scout] #13998650 05/15/21 03:24 PM
B
BCB Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Really? Hmm.. not that I recall. I did not denounce Ken’s series. He and I have spoken on this topic and a majority of controversy came from others. I even said I was “good with it”.

I did not want to engage the series and change the direction or intent. I also asked Ken not to engage ANY high level field reps and ANY factory personnel. Those Inside of Bass Cat staff and even others can confirm I was pleased with the Hybrid 203 review and wished it had not been the first video. I also said Ken would improve over time, which Ken acknowledged he did so.

I honestly never wanted to communicate directly regarding Bass Cat with Ken, on the product, until he had completed his series. And in one case he may never complete a segment for various reasons. While we shared memos I never talked construction, product or about a Bass Cat. We shared some information he learned from, though not about our products. I didn’t want a direct factory personnel able to talk about we fixed that, we are addressing that, we changed this, or we are considering anything. That means ALL personnel as any conversation with inside knowledge sways the entire series.

Ken did visit a dealership to select his options and colors and they submitted the order and quote through the Texas RSM (Rep). He wants to be a part of something and we are glad to have him as a part of our Bass Cat Family. And we’ve called it a Bass Cat Family for over 40 years of our 50 years in business. This was the first “family” in bass boats and we hope it continues to have that vibe and feel long after me.

While our owners are passionate about the boats, there are two people in particular whom are critical of many posts on Bass Cat. Maybe there’s a reason, maybe it’s just low hanging branches easy to pick off. Back in the 1990’s, when the first Bass Cat Owners Forum began, I informed Kevin (Admin.) that we only wanted to do this when we could participate. And we have participated online back to the BFHP in the early to mid 1990’s.

We always want to be open and transparent and carry that through online. It’s created some sensitive moments as we will address topics. Also some abusive consumers have used that online activity and transparency as a platform to strike out when they don’t feel we are being fair and pressure the company into meeting their demands. In a few cases we did and in a few we should have. Though online activity didn’t sway our decisions.

Our engagement online is trying to add value to any conversation. Today many opinions are simply that based on one experience. We see dozens and hundreds of service items pop up and we learn what’s repetitive and how to address those by volume. We intend to continue whether it’s going to grease hubs, don’t pump a grease gun on bearing buddies, or why we use or select any item.

While those few are frequently antagonistic and extract words out of context, even changing them from original on Bass Cat topics, there are many others who glean information they can use.

We hope the many gain more than these few detract from those topics.

Looking forward to him doing an aluminum boat review as many have requested.

Moving on...

Rick

I mentioned Rick denouncing Kens series and how he wanted “nothing to do with them” (his words on BBC) and I’m the one that’s offended. Lol, priceless.

BCB
Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: KenTx1962] #13998682 05/15/21 03:49 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Oh, maybe I misinterpreted your comment then. Either way, it’s a nice boat and I have never talked bad about the boats. Just poked fun of guys being sensitive. I’d like to look at a Cougar 203 hybrid in person, just not many around here.

Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: KenTx1962] #13998690 05/15/21 03:54 PM
B
BCB Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
We can fix that... it’s all about timing and connecting.

wink

BCB
Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: KenTx1962] #13998702 05/15/21 04:08 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
While I've never been a fan of the odd lines and looks of the Basscat. I am a fan of Rick Pierce. How many Bassboat company owners get online and interact with customers and anglers? I wish my favorite bassboat company would interact with its owners online. Congrats on the boat Ken. You going to wrap it?

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: BCB] #13998708 05/15/21 04:15 PM
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by BCB

wink

cheers I think The Boat Shop in San Antonio owners son might be running a hybrid, I know they had a real pretty dark grey one posted on FB. Might be the owners son buddy though. They tend to turn (resale) them over pretty frequently, figured I’d look at it when they post it.

Wayne at the Boat Shop SA is an awesome guy, really enjoy talking to him. Good dealer rep for you guys.

Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: grout-scout] #13998726 05/15/21 04:38 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by BCB

wink

cheers I think The Boat Shop in San Antonio owners son might be running a hybrid, I know they had a real pretty dark grey one posted on FB. Might be the owners son buddy though. They tend to turn (resale) them over pretty frequently, figured I’d look at it when they post it.

Wayne at the Boat Shop SA is an awesome guy, really enjoy talking to him. Good dealer rep for you guys.

Yes, Wayne has a 203 Hybrid or did have one as his demo. Nice boat, think it has a 300 on it. I looked at it a couple of months ago when I had some work done on my motor. Wayne and his son are awesome guys. I know a lot of us give each other a hard time on here, yes we may even get a little sensitive, duhbut it’s all in good fun and some of us just like to give a little harassment, especially regarding our boat brands. We all have one thing in common and that’s fishing and if we own a boat, no matter the brand or age, we are fortunate cheers

Last edited by C130; 05/15/21 04:43 PM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: C130] #13998869 05/15/21 07:54 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by BCB

wink

Yes, Wayne has a 203 Hybrid or did have one as his demo. Nice boat, think it has a 300 on it. I looked at it a couple of months ago when I had some work done on my motor. Wayne and his son are awesome guys. I know a lot of us give each other a hard time on here, yes we may even get a little sensitive, duhbut it’s all in good fun and some of us just like to give a little harassment, especially regarding our boat brands. We all have one thing in common and that’s fishing and if we own a boat, no matter the brand or age, we are fortunate cheers

Was that a group hug I just witnessed? lol.

Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: Chris B] #13998897 05/15/21 08:20 PM
A
angleiron Offline
Angler
Angler
A
[quote=Chris B]While I've never been a fan of the odd lines and looks of the Basscat. I am a fan of Rick Pierce. How many Bassboat company owners get online and interact with customers and anglers?

Only one I know of.

Re: Winner Revealed - Great Bass Boat Search of 2021 [Re: Chris B] #13998969 05/15/21 10:25 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Chris B
While I've never been a fan of the odd lines and looks of the Basscat. I am a fan of Rick Pierce. How many Bassboat company owners get online and interact with customers and anglers? I wish my favorite bassboat company would interact with its owners online. Congrats on the boat Ken. You going to wrap it?

I haven't seen the BCB owners on any bassboat forums.

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide