Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: SK.] #13995642 05/13/21 02:28 AM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Right on SK! I’m not looking to get into that contest either. It may be different down there and I am only going off my experiences here. To each their own. At the end of the day whichever puts fish in the boat is what it is all about.

Re: There Comes A Time [Re: SK.] #13995704 05/13/21 03:32 AM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by SK.
I'm not looking to get into a p'ing contest with anyone but putting info out that works very well for me "year round" not just when it's easy.....
I've been at these fish a long time and constantly look for new or better ways of catching them, going out with the attitude of they're going to bite one certain jig just ain't gonna cut it on the high pressure lakes I fish.....
Some may feel they don't need several colors and sizes of jigs but I've seen it work very well for a lot of folks that's been catching these fish long before myself and probably most here.....
I received it and just passing it on to those that want good info on how to consistently catch good fish....
I also target the active fish but have seen fish shut down on a bait they were on really good and with a few color changes the fire was lit again..... There are other times the opposite happen where they weren't feeding until I changed colors..... Some folks do just resort to using minnas but that's just not for me.....

TheDude in my opinion if you're able to use a tandem setup without getting hung up you might try fishing structure that you'll have to use a single jig.... The ole saying if you're not getting hung up you're not crappie fishing is a saying that has held to be very true for me..... Shoot some of the stuff I fish you're lucky to get one jig back.....LOL

It`s funny SK how some guys say color doesn`t matter to them but if you look in their tackle box or bag when they do videos they have every color in the spectrum. roflmaoNot callin anybody out I`m jus sayin roflmao

Last edited by Fishbonz; 05/13/21 03:33 AM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: SK.] #13996076 05/13/21 03:14 PM
Brian Spagnola Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Color matter, well maybe. Confidence matters more IMO...

Re: There Comes A Time [Re: SK.] #13996138 05/13/21 04:03 PM
C
Captain Yakker Offline
Angler
Angler
C
I personally think that preferred color can change throughout the day due to angle of the sun, clouds or no clouds, etc. because different colors show up better in different lighting conditions. Varying levels of water clarity also.

Have you ever been looking for something on the floor and can’t find it by looking straight down? Then you get down and side light the floor with a flashlight and voila, the item you lost sticks out like a sore thumb. Angle of the lighting makes a big difference in that scenario. Depending on the color of the item you are looking for, it may blend in with the surroundings from one lighting angle and be very visible from another angle.

Perhaps fish, like humans have different visual acuity within the same species. Some individual fish might see a certain color better than others. Wonder if any studies have ever been done on that.

Just thinking out loud and I have no scientific proof to back up my thoughts. Only the fish know for sure, and they ain’t talkin’.

Fishin' to stock Lake Crisco.
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: Brian Spagnola] #13996225 05/13/21 04:49 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by Brian Spagnola

[Linked Image]

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: Brian Spagnola] #13996253 05/13/21 05:21 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K

Nailed it brother. This is another reason why I don't feel color is important. If you have confidence, you can catch them on any color. When you are switching colors when the fish are not biting, you have lost that confidence in that particular color. Not calling anyone out I'm just sayin...

Re: There Comes A Time [Re: SK.] #13996414 05/13/21 07:15 PM
K
Ken Gaby Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
K
I remember a very recent post by Slewfoot that stated he was catching fish on a certain color during pre-fish but couldn't get a bite on that jig on tournament day. Switched color and game on. This is someone looking at Livescope and putting the jig right in the strike zone. I would say he had plenty of confidence in what he was fishing. But the fish had a different story that day. I recall he stated "wished I had changed earlier in the day".
Sometimes they will, sometimes they won't.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: Brian Spagnola] #13996476 05/13/21 08:03 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F

Hey Brian when I agreed with you on confidence it was in the the ability in ones self to catch fish. I`m thinking that was your sentiment. Am I right?

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: SK.] #13996544 05/13/21 08:59 PM
ThaDudeAbides Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by SK.
I'm not looking to get into a p'ing contest with anyone but putting info out that works very well for me "year round" not just when it's easy.....
I've been at these fish a long time and constantly look for new or better ways of catching them, going out with the attitude of they're going to bite one certain jig just ain't gonna cut it on the high pressure lakes I fish.....
Some may feel they don't need several colors and sizes of jigs but I've seen it work very well for a lot of folks that's been catching these fish long before myself and probably most here.....
I received it and just passing it on to those that want good info on how to consistently catch good fish....
I also target the active fish but have seen fish shut down on a bait they were on really good and with a few color changes the fire was lit again..... There are other times the opposite happen where they weren't feeding until I changed colors..... Some folks do just resort to using minnas but that's just not for me.....

TheDude in my opinion if you're able to use a tandem setup without getting hung up you might try fishing structure that you'll have to use a single jig.... The ole saying if you're not getting hung up you're not crappie fishing is a saying that has held to be very true for me..... Shoot some of the stuff I fish you're lucky to get one jig back.....LOL

you are right on friend, i will say the double jig is much more surgical since i now have livescope. if i was dropping it into a 2D sonar "blob" like the old days, I would not be so lucky! Braid has been a jig saver but i know for sure that i have spooked plenty of fish ripping a jig outta there with 20 lb braid! hammer

**Professional amateur crappie fisherman**

1997 Nitro Savage 896, 200 HP Mercury EFI, Garmin Force, Garmin GPSMAP 1022 w/ Livescope, Garmin Ultra 122sv, Garmin 93
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: Ken Gaby] #13996711 05/13/21 11:16 PM
S
Slewfoot Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
I remember a very recent post by Slewfoot that stated he was catching fish on a certain color during pre-fish but couldn't get a bite on that jig on tournament day. Switched color and game on. This is someone looking at Livescope and putting the jig right in the strike zone. I would say he had plenty of confidence in what he was fishing. But the fish had a different story that day. I recall he stated "wished I had changed earlier in the day".

Yes sir! Lake Washington! Clay and I both threw different colors and used the same jig all week and fhe first day of the tourney they didn’t touch either of our jigs! We were too hard headed to change sooner. Clay went to silver and chart and the first good fish choked it down so I switched to white and chart and game on!!! Color doesn’t matter till it does!! thumb

Been a beating last couple days here on Grenada but we might have put something together today if the fish stay put!! Here that’s asking a lot!! hammer

Re: There Comes A Time [Re: Slewfoot] #13997216 05/14/21 01:11 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by Fishbonz
Originally Posted by SK.

It`s funny SK how some guys say color doesn`t matter to them but if you look in their tackle box or bag when they do videos they have every color in the spectrum. roflmaoNot callin anybody out I`m jus sayin roflmao

Originally Posted by Slewfoot

Yes sir! Lake Washington! Clay and I both threw different colors and used the same jig all week and fhe first day of the tourney they didn’t touch either of our jigs! We were too hard headed to change sooner. Clay went to silver and chart and the first good fish choked it down so I switched to white and chart and game on!!! Color doesn’t matter till it does!! thumb

Been a beating last couple days here on Grenada but we might have put something together today if the fish stay put!! Here that’s asking a lot!! hammer

This isn't guessing it's facts, once one get that CHANGING is a constant while fishing for crappie they will be a better crappie catcher....... But I only offer this to those that are willing to accept good info to help them Catch More And Bigger Crappie......
There are times you can go out and catch these fish on anything but that just don't happen often, what were talking about here is consistently catching crappie. It's a fact that changing jig colors is required to keep these fish interested in eating a jig and at times scent will increase their commitment also.....
When I hear those that say it doesn't matter or it's only confidence in a certain color I know the level of their ability to catch these fish.....
Being open to constantly learn you'll continue to get better at what ever it is you do and on the other hand once you feel you've totally got it figured out you can become a DA......

Good Luck in that tourney Slewfoot....

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: ThaDudeAbides] #13997218 05/14/21 01:12 PM
S
SK. Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
S
Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
Originally Posted by SK.

you are right on friend, i will say the double jig is much more surgical since i now have livescope. if i was dropping it into a 2D sonar "blob" like the old days, I would not be so lucky! Braid has been a jig saver but i know for sure that i have spooked plenty of fish ripping a jig outta there with 20 lb braid! hammer

roflmao

Crappie Guide on Houston TX area lakes. Email to schedule a trip: skscrappiecatchingadventures@gmail.com or call my message line 281-301-9316

REGARDLESS OF HOW MANLY YOU THINK YOU ARE WEARING A PFD CAN SAVE YOUR LIFE.....Onxy A/M 24 PFD's

Check Out SK's CRAPPIE Catching Adventures on YouTube....
https://www.youtube.com/user/fishingorhunting
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: SK.] #13997439 05/14/21 02:56 PM
F
Fishbonz Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by SK.
Originally Posted by ThaDudeAbides
Originally Posted by SK.

roflmao

Speak on it Brotha! roflmao

Last edited by Fishbonz; 05/14/21 02:57 PM.

HE aka Fishbonz
Re: There Comes A Time [Re: Fishbonz] #13997491 05/14/21 03:43 PM
Brian Spagnola Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Fishbonz

Hey Brian when I agreed with you on confidence it was in the the ability in ones self to catch fish. I`m thinking that was your sentiment. Am I right?

Yes

Re: There Comes A Time [Re: SK.] #13997640 05/14/21 05:28 PM
S
sticknstring Offline
Angler
Angler
S
I agree that color matters-I've seen this time and time again. I tend to go into experiment mode when i got them inhaling them on a certain color on every drop. I find this gives me the best feedback especially if I have a partner on the boat.
Now I 'm going to open a can of worms scared. Yesterday I went out with my oldest daughter who just got back from college for the summer. She loves to catch crappie using jigs. We were out for 4 hours, I started with what I had tied on from last week...bonehead purple/chautruese. I would drop slow till they thump. Yesterday, there was no thump the first hour or so. they were choking it down and your line would go limp or run. So of course my daughter is throwing the same thing. I decide switch to hand tied(same colors) -I maybe, maybe caught 1 fish to every 5 of hers! The chenille and marabou was not even coming close! We were deadsticking and I thought feathers would do it...learned something new there! never thought plastics would out fish handtied. Oh-I also tried some other colors-wasn't happening yesterday!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide