Forums59
Topics1,037,809
Posts13,934,836
Members144,150
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Squirrely Dan] #13996437 05/13/21 07:31 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Im RICK JAMES
I almost always do the two day. Even now they process and ship pretty quick. The last order I placed wasn’t anything I needed quick so I did regular shipping. Buy why would it take them 2 weeks to pull the order them ship? Apparently if you’re not paying for fast shipping your orders are put way in the back of things to do. It’s took 2 weeks to process them another two weeks to arrive.

id figure that is because the volume they are doing nowadays and all the people that select the free option. Im sure that creates a list/backlog that work on according to when the order was placed....but then give you the 2 day option that they process ASAP, for a fee. Kinda like going to the club....you can stand in line and get in when you get in, or you can get bottle service and get that VIP/quick entry! LOL im sure that analogy will be very relatable on a bass fishing forum! roflmao

FWIW...TW still has amazing customer service if you have problems, and im sure you could upgrade the shipping after the order is placed no problem. The stock and variety they have is next to none also....even the Johnny Morris stores dont have as good a variety and selection/stock. i love me some landbigfish and their 20 off specials which happen often...but I struggle to fill a cart on that site. For example I bought a G Ratt yesterday. Landbigfish had 0 in stock and only 4 colors. Basspro had none. TW was pretty much fully stocked on every color they make. I put up with them....tough to fault them considering the backwards [censored] state they live in, and customer service has always been amazing.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13996540 05/13/21 08:51 PM
C130 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
It lists their shipping times on their homepage via a bold red link. It's prominently displayed there.

Tackle Warehouse is experiencing order processing delays due to higher than normal order volumes and COVID-19 protocols currently in place. We apologize for any inconvenience. We are doing everything we can to get your packages out as quickly as possible. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
5.12.21 - Shipping Delay Update

--Orders placed by 12:30 PT--

Ground - 17 Days*
GSO - 17 Days*
Postal - 17 Days*
International - 17 Days*
UPS 2-Day** - No Delay*
UPS Overnight** - No Delay*

*Includes Weekends
**Currently 2-Day & Overnight Shipping is Available, but $5 2-Day & $10 Overnight Pricing is Suspended.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. - TW Staff

Save some money...just have someone that’s moving from Cali to Texas bring it to you. They are moving here every day.

That’s the truth but funny how all the Texas home sellers love them when they offer full price or most likely well over asking price for their homes.

Last edited by C130; 05/13/21 08:51 PM.

Bass Cat Eyra
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Flippin-Out] #13996553 05/13/21 09:08 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
You opted for "free" shipping, you get what you pay for in most things.

#MFGA
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Squirrely Dan] #13996559 05/13/21 09:16 PM
Jons3825 Offline
" Mod Alert"
" Mod Alert"
Originally Posted by Im RICK JAMES
Apparently if you’re not paying for fast shipping your orders are put way in the back of things to do.

It is called FIFO, it is standard process flow. Unless you feel you are special that they should put your order in front of all the other orders that are the same as your....otherwise it does go to the back, until there is one to put behind yours.

FIFO=
First in- First out

[Linked Image]
PM me for diving info or for recovery quote's.
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Originally Posted by Brad
I will be back. I'm never truly gone
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: WLBDallas] #13996568 05/13/21 09:24 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by WLBDallas
Support your local tackle shops.

Where? There's not one for hour from me and I live in the hot bed of fishing.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Flippin-Out] #13996580 05/13/21 09:34 PM
F
Frank the Tank Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
F
You do? Prosper?

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Frank the Tank] #13996605 05/13/21 09:51 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank

There aren't any that I know of. They disappeared long ago as big box took over. Johnny Morris is doing what he can to starve, acquire and shut down, or drive off competitors. Yes, there's Academy, but that often consists of many empty pegs.
The shipping scheme at TW is somewhat different now. Once upon a time, there was no prioritization to speak of that I could tell. If you ordered $50 minimum, you got 2 day service, often via Priority Mail. The new scheme pushes what used to be included to the back of the line, and ends up collecting more revenue for them (as they pay for less included shipping when some of you pay $11). I needed a lightweight item that would have previously shipped USPS Priority Mail at no extra cost as it's over $50. Now, there would be a 22% "tax" on that to get the same level of service. If the item had been available locally, the sales tax would certainly have been cheaper than a 22% shipping adder. So it's either pay very dearly, or wait. That's NOT what TW was once like, or known for.

Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Flippin-Out] #13996620 05/13/21 10:09 PM
Jons3825 Offline
" Mod Alert"
" Mod Alert"
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out

There aren't any that I know of. They disappeared long ago as big box took over. Johnny Morris is doing what he can to starve, acquire and shut down, or drive off competitors. Yes, there's Academy, but that often consists of many empty pegs.
The shipping scheme at TW is somewhat different now. Once upon a time, there was no prioritization to speak of that I could tell. If you ordered $50 minimum, you got 2 day service, often via Priority Mail. The new scheme pushes what used to be included to the back of the line, and ends up collecting more revenue for them (as they pay for less included shipping when some of you pay $11). I needed a lightweight item that would have previously shipped USPS Priority Mail at no extra cost as it's over $50. Now, there would be a 22% "tax" on that to get the same level of service. If the item had been available locally, the sales tax would certainly have been cheaper than a 22% shipping adder. So it's either pay very dearly, or wait. That's NOT what TW was once like, or known for.

Nor is just about any company or business now days. The GOV is putting the squeeze and hurt on them, pass it along or shut down. What was the phrase... the new normal.... yes, this is the new normal.

[Linked Image]
PM me for diving info or for recovery quote's.
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Originally Posted by Brad
I will be back. I'm never truly gone
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Jons3825] #13996628 05/13/21 10:13 PM
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by Jons3825

Nor is just about any company or business now days. The GOV is putting the squeeze and hurt on them, pass it along or shut down. What was the phrase... the new normal.... yes, this is the new normal.

it's called "transmaskablevacinormal"

#MFGA
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13996630 05/13/21 10:15 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Mark Perry
It lists their shipping times on their homepage via a bold red link. It's prominently displayed there.

Tackle Warehouse is experiencing order processing delays due to higher than normal order volumes and COVID-19 protocols currently in place. We apologize for any inconvenience. We are doing everything we can to get your packages out as quickly as possible. Your patience and understanding is greatly appreciated.
5.12.21 - Shipping Delay Update

--Orders placed by 12:30 PT--

Ground - 17 Days*
GSO - 17 Days*
Postal - 17 Days*
International - 17 Days*
UPS 2-Day** - No Delay*
UPS Overnight** - No Delay*

*Includes Weekends
**Currently 2-Day & Overnight Shipping is Available, but $5 2-Day & $10 Overnight Pricing is Suspended.

Thank you for your patience and understanding during this time. - TW Staff

Save some money...just have someone that’s moving from Cali to Texas bring it to you. They are moving here every day.
Hmmm. Sounds like this needs to be pitched on Shark Tank. “Fishing Tackle Uber”? 🤔😁

Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Flippin-Out] #13996633 05/13/21 10:16 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

FWIW...im almost 100% positive that TW never offered the 2 day guarantee on the free shipping pre covid....but with that said it would pretty much work out that way for me as well about 90% of the time pre covid and id get my packages in 2 days. But even before covid I started to notice 3 days happening more often than the 2 i became accustomed to. Considering the expansion to Georgia was in the works pre covid from my understanding, I bet the last 2 years their volume has just shot up...and Covid just supercharged that.

Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Flippin-Out] #13996634 05/13/21 10:18 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
M

There is a new tackle store opening on 105 a mile or two east of if the dam, north side of the road. Top Tier Tackle. I believe they’re actually open now but the grand opening is this Saturday. It’s at the east end of the strip center.

Right next door is Mr Taco & Tequila Bar. We’ve had it a couple of times. Good street tacos and a delicious margarita

Daiwa biased

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: bbassfishes] #13996636 05/13/21 10:19 PM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by bbassfishes
Everyone else is leaving California, seems like it might be time for them to take a look too. I placed an order last Friday as well, and got nothing but a confirmation email so far. I know it's not their fault, and they did say as such when I placed the order, but I have a feeling California is costing them a lot of business right now on top of the ridiculous taxes they collect.

Why would anyone have a business in California?

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Flippin-Out] #13996714 05/13/21 11:17 PM
T
Topwater2 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T
Also, there are a lot of little mom and pop tackles shop on line. You can go online to google maps, zone in on an area and type tackle shops. You would be surprised at what you can find.

FishKen
Re: Tackle Warehouse nears useless [Re: Flippin-Out] #13996764 05/14/21 12:05 AM
S
SwimbaitRanger Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
S
They just need to move to Texas like everybody else in California

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide