Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: THE STICKLE HOOK [Re: leanin post] #13994732 05/12/21 04:23 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: THE STICKLE HOOK [Re: leanin post] #13995073 05/12/21 07:39 PM
B
Bud B Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by leanin post
I see folks with crankbaits attached to swivels, and wonder what are they thinking,,, A crankbait will spin in the water and twist your line...

Huh? That makes no sense. If a crankbait was spinning below a swivel, the swivel would make your line twist less, not more. That's kind of the entire intent of a swivel, to keep something that's spinning from causing twist further up the line. They are usually of limited help, because they're not going to stop nearly all the line twist from happening. If you put them somewhere where there's no spin induced by something else, they don't spin. Bottom line, even if something did make my bottom jig spin, the swivel on the double eye jig would actually help keep that spin from twisting the top jig and the line above that. I don't know where this creative physics of yours is coming from, but I'm telling you right here, you're dead wrong. I usually get my jigs rigged so that they induce very little spin anyway, so I didn't see any need for a swivel on the top jig. But having one there is a plus, not a negative.

A swivel causing line twist rather than helping stop it? That's the craziest thing I've heard since..........wait, I'm not saying.

Bud Baker
Gun Barrel City, Tx

[Linked Image]
Re: THE STICKLE HOOK [Re: leanin post] #13995077 05/12/21 07:42 PM
B
Bud B Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Those double eye jigs are far too big. Most of them you find anywhere are much larger than the 1/24 oz I make. The smallest one at that link is over four times the weight of mine. There's no way you'd want that as the top jig with a little 1/16 oz jig underneath. The only place I've seen double eye jigs as small as mine is Grizzly Jigs. They used to have a 1/32 oz one, but I don't even see that one on their site any more. I make all my own jigs anyway.

Everyone ties two jig rigs their own way. That's fine. I didn't mean to sidetrack this entire thread with mine. I only mentioned it because I ended up testing this new jig with it. Mine does work better than anything else I've seen. If I was still selling tackle, I'd be pushing it for sure (and wouldn't have posted exactly how to make it in the jig making forum). But I only make tackle for myself these days. If I still wanted to work, I know of much easier ways to earn money. When I was trying to keep up with shipping tackle to others, I wasn't enjoying making it nearly as much as I do now.

Bud Baker
Gun Barrel City, Tx

[Linked Image]
Re: THE STICKLE HOOK [Re: leanin post] #13995929 05/13/21 01:19 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
I dont think you would have anything to worry abt by posting your method on a crappie fishing jig makers site.. 98 percent of all crappie fisherman do not make thier own jigs, they buy them, working with lead is very dangerous, let a drop of sweat fall into the melting pot and see what happens. it explodes.. and also the toxic fumes.. we are a minute portion of consumers.
Also you would have intellectual property rights to your idea, methods ect if you decided you wanted to make them exclusively, provided it met all of the criteria.
Take my idea, ive done extensive research on patents, trademarks, ect on my name The Stickle Hook TM. The design, everything, nobody makes it or made it yet.
With the interest that is being generated, is thier a good chance I could be copy catted, yes..
It is human nature to take someone elses idea, and try to profit from it when the almighty dollar is to be made.
If this project materializes, and goes worldwide, I wont be making runs to my local post office..
I will either set up a distribution and marketing hub, or sell the idea outright.,
Also sometimes Ideas have hidden value, heres an example. lets say Eagle Claw corp. who has the lions share of the hook market has a big decrease in sales of the hooks they make now, due to a better design, what are they going to do with millions of hooks nobody has interest in anymore? Many times large corporations will buy inventors out, sit on the idea, until they deplete thier current inventories.
My priority is to get my idea out to the world, and also be compensated for my ideas.
Most of the great ideas that come to fruition, come from a common man, tinkering in thier garage, trying to make a product that THEY use, better.

COMING SOON! .. THE STICKLE HOOK " the stay level sickle hook". sits level in the water with all knots.! Provides better hook sets and more natural jigging motion. No more adjusting the knot, gluing , or tying loop knots that cause the hook point to tangle in the loop, or worse knick the line.. The jighook that will make all others obsolete !
Re: THE STICKLE HOOK [Re: leanin post] #13999899 05/16/21 08:44 PM
A
Asleep At The Reel Offline
Angler
Angler
A
anyone here manufacture hooks for crappie jigs?
I have an idea for a hook I would like made..
basically a sickle style hook, with the eye oriented horizontal to the shank.

THE STICKEL HOOK .. STICKEL ..... the STAY LEVEL SICKLE HOOK.... TM

Been following this post, both pages! When you get this, I would love to know and try some out. That would make a good show for the youtube channel. I really like the idea you have!

https://lonestarwarriorsoutdoors.org/

ASLEEP AT THE REEL (YouTube)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpYfRLf2MT7MkD-jsDrbMkw
Re: THE STICKLE HOOK [Re: Asleep At The Reel] #14002127 05/18/21 04:40 PM
L
leanin post Offline OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Offline
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by Asleep At The Reel
anyone here manufacture hooks for crappie jigs?
I have an idea for a hook I would like made..
basically a sickle style hook, with the eye oriented horizontal to the shank.

THE STICKEL HOOK .. STICKEL ..... the STAY LEVEL SICKLE HOOK.... TM

Been following this post, both pages! When you get this, I would love to know and try some out. That would make a good show for the youtube channel. I really like the idea you have!

thanks brother, im working with hook manufacturers right now,
. a company is hand making a batch for me, if I like them, the minimum order is 100.000. before I pull the trigger, I want to be sure they meet my specs. They sent me some sample hooks of the old style just to see if I liked the diameter, sharpness, strength, ect,. and I am quite impressed, sharpest, strongest crappie hooks ive ever had.
I will likely start with a number 2 hook. then a number 4... we are experimenting with designs, such as a slightly longer shank for the number 4 hooks. the way they are made now, the hook point is a bit too close to the eye in my opinion.
The hook manufacturers in working with have over 60 years combined experience. and they understand what im trying to do. hopefully in the coming months, we can have a run made. I will be glad to send out samples to folks to try.
As crappie fisherman, we have many things to figure out when we get on the water.
wondering if having a hook that is sitting level. strong, sharp, consistent is not going to be a concern anymore.
will the hooks be bendable, or breakable, yes, with enough force anything can be bent or broken.
What we are doing is making the best possible hook in the parameters that we have to work in.
Many fisherman tend to be galvanized in thier way of thinking, and have trouble making changes, but innovative, open minded people such as yourself, get it. our generation sees how design changes and improvements can change things dramatically.
we went from paper sonar graphs to livescope in a very short time, handle operated trolling motors to spotlock.
The most important thing though hook and presentation, , the part of our quest to entice, hook, and land crappie in the boat has been stagnant for over 50 years. !!
The vertically positioned eye bothered me for years. WHY are they still made this way, I asked myself over and over and could not think of a good reason, still havent.
My thinking is that it all started with a perch hook.. hanging vertically in the water is fine. we put a worm, maggot, piece of shrimp , ect on the hook, and dropped it down. then folks just copied it for crappie.. made a slightly larger version,. then, along came the weighted jighead, so the hook shank was bent 90 degrees to help keep the lead in place. all improvements.
The critical orientation of the eye, though, was never a consideration and most anglers and manufacturers didnt pay attention .

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide