Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Jessebeaux95] #13992306 05/10/21 09:35 PM
R
Rbob64 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
Interesting Idea for all these Tournaments hammering RR these days put a federation together that charges fees on Tournaments that puts those $$ into Restocking. Yep, that idea is full of holes and fraud, but in concept there needs to be a price for these tournaments in April.. That or start banning area's of the lake in April, I.E. Creeks. (That won't happen) Maybe, no tournaments in April? Hah!! RR needs some help TPW

North Texas Texoma & RR bound most days
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Rbob64] #13992340 05/10/21 10:01 PM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Rbob64
Interesting Idea for all these Tournaments hammering RR these days put a federation together that charges fees on Tournaments that puts those $$ into Restocking. Yep, that idea is full of holes and fraud, but in concept there needs to be a price for these tournaments in April.. That or start banning area's of the lake in April, I.E. Creeks. (That won't happen) Maybe, no tournaments in April? Hah!! RR needs some help TPW

I think they should just close the lake to non tournament anglers monday thru friday. The latest TPWD survey said non tournament anglers are keeping 43% of their catch. Maybe they could start charging an extra fee for non tournament anglers since they are using to much of the resource.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Jessebeaux95] #13992417 05/10/21 11:11 PM
R
Rbob64 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
There ya go, might get few more white bass in the lake..

North Texas Texoma & RR bound most days
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Chris B] #13992438 05/10/21 11:32 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Originally Posted by Chris B

I think they should just close the lake to non tournament anglers monday thru friday. The latest TPWD survey said non tournament anglers are keeping 43% of their catch. Maybe they could start charging an extra fee for non tournament anglers since they are using to much of the resource.

It's the cajuns, they have slipped across the border since they cleaned out toledo

Re: Ray Roberts [Re: WAWI] #13992440 05/10/21 11:34 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by WAWI

It's the cajuns, they have slipped across the border since they cleaned out toledo

They have worked their way south as well!

Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Jessebeaux95] #13992441 05/10/21 11:35 PM
W
WAWI Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
W
Do they not have food stamps for those people in that state?

Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Jessebeaux95] #13992603 05/11/21 01:09 AM
B
Bass Buster1 Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
B
People having the year off last year was hard on the lake big time. It might help to have a tournament a month instead of one a week during April. More than anything I think we probably just need stocked and some time to recover. If you bow fish, come kill carp and gar, a lot of them! If you like to eat white bass come and get them by the limit! Oh and one more thing that will help, If you find grass or pads, shut up about it, it will help the fry make it!

See you on the lake and have a great day!
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Chris B] #13993776 05/11/21 09:34 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K

Charging people that don't fish tournaments and that want to keep their catch? roflmao Why don't they just charge them for breathing some of your air then?

Re: Ray Roberts [Re: KidKrappie] #13993991 05/12/21 12:35 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2

Charging people that don't fish tournaments and that want to keep their catch? roflmao Why don't they just charge them for breathing some of your air then?

What do you think would be a fair rate since we want to start imposing extras fees for using our lakes?

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Jessebeaux95] #13994021 05/12/21 12:50 AM
Champion1 Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
But then the pros will show up to fish the classic in a month and absolutely smash them and we will all be left scratching our heads again!

www.TuffSkinz.net
www.basscat.com
�It�s all in your head. It doesn�t matter if your 6 or 60. You can participate in this sport."-Rick Clunn
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Chris B] #13995172 05/12/21 08:50 PM
ReelSlow Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler

What the hail did you smoke before posting that?

GOD is good!
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Champion1] #13995437 05/13/21 12:17 AM
Happykamper Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Champion1
But then the pros will show up to fish the classic in a month and absolutely smash them and we will all be left scratching our heads again!

I hope they do but i kind of doubt it, there are several fishermen that fish RR that can compete with the tourney pros imo. There will be a few that do well but i bet over all it will be fairly weak.

[Linked Image]
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: Barrett] #14007266 05/23/21 03:48 AM
TryHard Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by Barrett
Worst tournament results this year since the slot was lifted. I think the freeze made the fish do completly different things then they have done in the past. One crazy thing being our biggest waive of fish moving up actually happened earlier than it should by a long shot. Makes no sense. A lot of locals scratching their heads. I think our fish per acre is the lowest in DFW and I sure wish TPWD would start stocking it again.

I had a lengthy convo with a TPWD biologist during the Bass Pro tourney on RR. According to him, RR is closer to being over stocked than under.

Re: Ray Roberts [Re: TryHard] #14007369 05/23/21 11:43 AM
Chris B Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by TryHard
Worst tournament results this year since the slot was lifted. I think the freeze made the fish do completly different things then they have done in the past. One crazy thing being our biggest waive of fish moving up actually happened earlier than it should by a long shot. Makes no sense. A lot of locals scratching their heads. I think our fish per acre is the lowest in DFW and I sure wish TPWD would start stocking it again.

I had a lengthy convo with a TPWD biologist during the Bass Pro tourney on RR. According to him, RR is closer to being over stocked than under.

That's interesting considering even TPWD couldn't catch enough bass in their latest electroshock survey to complete it. I completely agree with Barrett about it being the lowest fish per acre right now. An average day this year is three bass with one being a seven pounder.

[Linked Image]
I hate photobucket.
Re: Ray Roberts [Re: TryHard] #14007396 05/23/21 12:31 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by TryHard

eeks

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide