Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13994284 05/12/21 10:39 AM
D
Dan21XRS Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
The title should be "Jerry does it again, in spite of himself". Just think what their value would be if they'd have hired a real GM and won a few championships since the 90's... Mind bloggling... Dan

"The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood"...
Lou Holtz
Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13994305 05/12/21 11:18 AM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Yep, ego got in his way of achieving greatness.
Instead, he got 25 years of 8-8.

With as talented a QB as Romo and not even having to spend a draft pick on him (thank you Sean Payton and Parcels); you have to work really hard against yourself for only two playoff wins.

[Linked Image]
Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13994309 05/12/21 11:26 AM
David Welcher Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Y'all just keep on buying them season tickets and drinking those $11 beers.

Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: Sawhorse] #13994341 05/12/21 12:01 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by Happykamper
You guys have a lot of inside information, who are your sources lol. I hear this stuff on the radio, most of those guys are talking to just hear themselves on the radio. I believe Jerry was the captain of the Arkansas national champion team, I believe most captains are leaders, just saying.

Happykamper loves Jerry and the Cowboys like my 4 year old grandson loves tractors.

Guilty

[Linked Image]
Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13994418 05/12/21 01:07 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
The funniest thing about this whole thread is that Jethro doesn't care about winning and then in the next breath talking about his ego. Winning feeds the ego more than anything.

I'm not saying that Jerry hasn't gotten in the way of being a successful NFL team because he has, especially in the decade after their last SB win. He has! I'm not apologist for him and complain as much as most Cowboy fans do about the way he has run the team. But statements like he undermines coaching making him different from the rest of the league is ludicrous. All NFL GM's "undermine" coaching to a certain extent. Y'all should read other NFL team's boards complaining of this same thing. Philly fans gripe incessantly about Howie Roseman (why y'all think
Doug Pederson left?), Same about Giant fans and and Dave Gettleman).

If Jethro is such a meddler why did the Cowboys follow coaching recommendations (along with Will McClay) and take defense with their first 6 picks and 8 out of their 11 picks. Coaching (Dan Quinn) was directly responsible for that drafting tactic. Lotta claims made in this thread with little evidence.

It's hard to put together a management team in the NFL and few teams get it right consistently and fewer can consistently win. Kamper is right as it starts with the QB and I'll add an excellent HC and staff.

Everyone honking Romo's horn seem to forget his propensity for turnovers. Not as bad as Eli Manning's but still higher than Dak's while their QBR's are almost identical.

Romo stats

Dak Stats

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13994453 05/12/21 01:30 PM
C
CCTX Online Content
mapquest
Online Content
mapquest
C
Yes, Jerry has shown baby step improvements (removing himself as the primary decision maker on draft day).

Agree, Romo wasn't great, but he was as good as Donovan McNaab (9 playoff wins)

[Linked Image]
Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: RayBob] #13994576 05/12/21 02:44 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Originally Posted by RayBob
The funniest thing about this whole thread is that Jethro doesn't care about winning and then in the next breath talking about his ego. Winning feeds the ego more than anything.

I'm not saying that Jerry hasn't gotten in the way of being a successful NFL team because he has, especially in the decade after their last SB win. He has! I'm not apologist for him and complain as much as most Cowboy fans do about the way he has run the team. But statements like he undermines coaching making him different from the rest of the league is ludicrous. All NFL GM's "undermine" coaching to a certain extent. Y'all should read other NFL team's boards complaining of this same thing. Philly fans gripe incessantly about Howie Roseman (why y'all think

If Jethro is such a meddler why did the Cowboys follow coaching recommendations (along with Will McClay) and take defense with their first 6 picks and 8 out of their 11 picks. Coaching (Dan Quinn) was directly responsible for that drafting tactic. Lotta claims made in this thread with little evidence.

It's hard to put together a management team in the NFL and few teams get it right consistently and fewer can consistently win. Kamper is right as it starts with the QB and I'll add an excellent HC and staff.

Everyone honking Romo's horn seem to forget his propensity for turnovers. Not as bad as Eli Manning's but still higher than Dak's while their QBR's are almost identical.

Romo stats

Dak Stats

One point. The primary reason Peterson left Philadelphia is because he was fired. That’s a pretty typical response. Some try to stay after being fired. But, that usually doesn’t work out well for anyone.

Last edited by Davedave; 05/12/21 02:46 PM. Reason: I know Pederson is misspelled. This damned thing spells how it wants to spell. But, this Chinese TikTok iPad won’t let me scroll down to correct. TikTok did it tome again. Bastards.
Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: Okie Poke] #13994613 05/12/21 03:06 PM
reeltexan Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Online Happy
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
It just astounds me that he has been so successful and continues to bring in more value every year....when they can’t win their way out of a wet paper sack. Absolutely astounding. It really doesn’t make any sense at all.

They don't have to win to increase in value.
The value is in perception and marketing.
Whether they win or lose, the fan base will be right back next Spring, talking Superbowl.

"..The pleasantist angling is to see the fish
Cut with her golden oars the silver stream,
And greedily devour the treacherous bait.
Bill Shakespeare

[Linked Image]
Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: Davedave] #13994633 05/12/21 03:27 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Davedave
Originally Posted by RayBob

Romo stats

Dak Stats

One point. The primary reason Peterson left Philadelphia is because he was fired. That’s a pretty typical response. Some try to stay after being fired. But, that usually doesn’t work out well for anyone.

Obviously you state the obvious. Yea! The 8 year old down the road said the same thing.

Why was he fired?

Simply that he and Howie didn't see eye to eye on personnel decisions. But great insight.

Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: reeltexan] #13994663 05/12/21 03:41 PM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by reeltexan
It just astounds me that he has been so successful and continues to bring in more value every year....when they can’t win their way out of a wet paper sack. Absolutely astounding. It really doesn’t make any sense at all.

They don't have to win to increase in value.
The value is in perception and marketing.
Whether they win or lose, the fan base will be right back next Spring, talking Superbowl.

I follow the team, love the team, have been a fan since 1966. I ain't dropping them. I did contribute $70 bucks to Jethro's wealth when the wife and I did the Death Star tour back in the summer of 2017 (my 1st trip to the MetroMess since 1979). The tour was OK, I got some pics. Not as much of a tourist trap as the FW Stockyards. I've never bought a game ticket but I do have an NFL sanctioned Cowboy cap (not a flat bill). My total Cowboy contribution over time is <$100.

My perception is just that . . . I'll be back if I'm still breathing. I NEVER talk SB though and I know hardly NO Cowboy fans that do. I'm OK with any fan that does but most just want to see them play well. But if they do talk SB that's fine for fans to do because as we know fan is only fanatic abbreviated. Lumping a diverse population into one pile like that is a huge misperception.

Go Cowboys!

Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: Sawhorse] #13994961 05/12/21 06:37 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Sawhorse

It’s all been a process. It will all make sense and you’ll change your tune when they win the Super Bowl this year.

Now, that does make sense. I get it, now. Soooooopa!

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: David Welcher] #13994965 05/12/21 06:42 PM
Okie Poke Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by David Welcher
Y'all just keep on buying them season tickets and drinking those $11 beers.

I know I’ve never had a colder, better tasting Miller Lite in all of my life.

😎 Dallas Cowboys....eventual Superbowl Champions 😎

Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13994988 05/12/21 06:56 PM
Happykamper Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by CrazyCrappieGuy
Originally Posted by CrazyCrappieGuy
They say that Jerry's biggest problem as a GM is he falls in love with his players, seems like most all of them love to play for him.

He falls in love with the players, they fall in love with him. This is just one example how he undermines the coach's leadership and gets in coach's way.

How does he get in the coaches way ?

Because the players look at Jerry as the leader and the one to suck up to, it should be the coach. This team has a leadership issue, and it starts with Jerry, terrible leader. Parcells had the leadership swagger to over compensate for Jerry's terrible leadership, McCarthy does not, I see them going no where with McCarthy. Dak, great leader, helps to over compensate for Jerry's terrible leadership, he is the only reason they win games.

Romo had much better QB skills than Dak, Dak much better leadership skills. To me it is a wash in regard to impact to wins..

I do not agree with Jerry not being a leader, he damn sure ain't a follower, you do not get to where he is without being a leader.

[Linked Image]
Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: Happykamper] #13995116 05/12/21 08:12 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C

I do not agree with Jerry not being a leader, he damn sure ain't a follower, you do not get to where he is without being a leader.

Oh he is great business leader, terrible football GM leader. Great NFL Owner leader, it is the reason he is in the HOF. Terrible football GM leader.

Re: Jerry does it again... [Re: CrazyCrappieGuy] #13995169 05/12/21 08:50 PM
C
CrazyCrappieGuy Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
C
The stuff I'm saying about Jerry is the same thing many have been saying for a long time, I'm just now starting to agree with them. He has gotten better, like I think they are drafting great now. He is not walking on sideline any more talking to players, he is not telling the coach who should call plays like he did with Garrett, all examples of improvements. He's leadership stye is not what good coaches want, it is why Jimmy left, its why they have never got a good coach, Parcells was the exception, I think Parcells it was part of the challenge for him, he wanted to show he could get a long with Jerry and make it work, he even said it. He also said Jerry drove him crazy some times.

I look at Mccarthy, and just SMH, I see another yes man. I hope I'm wrong, I'm a huge cowboy fan, use to sell penuts at Texas Stadium as a kid in the 70's, just to go to the games.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide