Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13992759 05/11/21 02:42 AM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline OP
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I bought some brackets for the overhead lights that are made for light bars and they worked out good. I left the brackets slightly loose so that I can adjust the lights directions while fishing if needed. Very pleased with these lights so far. Will let y’all know how they do this weekend. [Linked Image]

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13993205 05/11/21 03:28 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Last night I re-rigged my rods for Flatheads and also started rounding up our gear. Woke up this morning with Flatheads on my brain and feeling that catfish fever starting to burn! This night trip is all my son has been talking about for the last week. As we inch closer each day the anticipation is building up pressure like the feeling I used to get before a big game. This is a feeling I’ve felt many times over the years when travel fishing. I also know that in the coming days the excitement will continue to build up until we’re at a fever pitch. By Friday I will be feeling that feeling I used to get before an after school fist fight. That calm before the storm when the butterflies start churning and the confidence is swelling. That feeling you get when you know your about to be cut loose and let off the chain. I envision total domination where loosing isn’t an option and I take the same mindset for big fishing trips. Instead of the whole school watching us fight it will be all the TFF watching us throw down! Lmao! It can only go 1 of 2 ways fellas. Either we take an [censored] whipping with everyone watching or we give one and get our hand raised high ...We’ll know soon enough!

Going to scout for a sunfish bait hole later today. Will start collecting big baits tomorrow so that I have enough time to get exactly what I need before Saturday’s trip. Saturday Jax has a soccer game at 11:30 am and then were heading home to load up the boat. I’m hoping to be on the water by 3 so that I have enough time to scout the entire stretch of creek that were fishing one more time.

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13993349 05/11/21 04:51 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
Last night I re-rigged my rods for Flatheads and also started rounding up our gear. Woke up this morning with Flatheads on my brain and feeling that catfish fever starting to burn! This night trip is all my son has been talking about for the last week. As we inch closer each day the anticipation is building up pressure like the feeling I used to get before a big game. This is a feeling I’ve felt many times over the years when travel fishing. I also know that in the coming days the excitement will continue to build up until we’re at a fever pitch. By Friday I will be feeling that feeling I used to get before an after school fist fight. That calm before the storm when the butterflies start churning and the confidence is swelling. That feeling you get when you know your about to be cut loose and let off the chain. I envision total domination where loosing isn’t an option and I take the same mindset for big fishing trips. Instead of the whole school watching us fight it will be all the TFF watching us throw down! Lmao! It can only go 1 of 2 ways fellas. Either we take an [censored] whipping with everyone watching or we give one and get our hand raised high ...We’ll know soon enough!

Going to scout for a sunfish bait hole later today. Will start collecting big baits tomorrow so that I have enough time to get exactly what I need before Saturday’s trip. Saturday Jax has a soccer game at 11:30 am and then were heading home to load up the boat. I’m hoping to be on the water by 3 so that I have enough time to scout the entire stretch of creek that were fishing one more time.

I am excited with you!
I will be tuning in to watch!
cheers

Last edited by steveiam; 05/11/21 04:52 PM.

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13993414 05/11/21 05:41 PM
T
TRH (formerly xpress00) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Them flatties were a poppin last Friday night. I'll tell ya that much...lol

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: TRH (formerly xpress00)] #13993441 05/11/21 05:57 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by TRH (formerly xpress00)

Come on man! You gotta give more details then that. Help a TFF bro out amigo!

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13993579 05/11/21 07:43 PM
Catfish Tim Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Brother you know how to get us fired up, I'll say that. I am really pulling for you and Jax. And I can't wait to see you put a whoopin on 'em. Reading your post is like watchin Michael Irvin before a Cowboys game! Makes you want to put on the pads and hurt somebody! In this case the flatheads are the ones gonna get hurt!

Give 'em he!! boys!

Last edited by Catfish Tim; 05/11/21 07:44 PM.

Catfish Tim
🐟🐟"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"🐟🐟
Romans 8:1

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13993642 05/11/21 08:14 PM
T
TRH (formerly xpress00) Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
Originally Posted by TRH (formerly xpress00)

Come on man! You gotta give more details then that. Help a TFF bro out amigo!

roflmao It's not very often you can sit in the same spot and boat 8 flatheads in 5 hours on R&R. We lost the big one (I know, I know), he made a turn and a run and rubbed the braid on a rock best I can tell. That was the first bite and happened before we had all the rods out. Biggest landed was 16lbs. River was still up some and still had some decent flow to it.

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13994520 05/12/21 02:12 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Thanks for the PM TRH. cheers Gotta love good ol TFF!

Looks like Mother Nature isn’t wanting to play nice Saturday night. We’ll fish as hard as we can for as long as we can and let the chips fall where they may. Approaching storm will probably help our fishing but kill our boat camping. We’re used to fishing around that stuff but that’s in the main lake during the day. I can get out of its way or off the lake quickly when I see one coming. The main problem with where we’re fishing Saturday night is you can’t just pack up and leave that area very quick. It takes a long time to get up into that area and I pretty much have to slow troll out of there which takes 30-45 minutes. Need those thunderstorms to go away!
[Linked Image]

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13994723 05/12/21 04:15 PM
JJ4MEL Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Stay safe and have fun. Can't wait for the update!

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13994830 05/12/21 05:26 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Thanks Amigos cheers

Checked my perch trap this morning and only had (2) 6” Bluegill (3) 3”, and several 2”. Not great but it’s a start. I didn’t bait the trap and the water was stained 100% so hopefully it will get better by tomorrow. I will run the trap this afternoon with my son and we’ll bait it up and chum the area a bit and see if that helps. If things don’t improve by tomorrow I’m going to have to work a little harder to get the baits I need.

[Linked Image]

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13994841 05/12/21 05:32 PM
B
Blue Blazer 2400 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Good luck out there. I have always heard that mud cats are good bait. You ever tried them? My moms pond is full of them

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: Blue Blazer 2400] #13995159 05/12/21 08:41 PM
M
Mckinneycrappiecatcher Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
M
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer 2400
Good luck out there. I have always heard that mud cats are good bait. You ever tried them? My moms pond is full of them

Flatheads like sunfish of all varieties, suckers, carp, drum, goldfish, bullheads (mud cats), big Shad, and even big (8+”) golden shiners. I find that usually the most important thing is getting the bait from the same watershed due to the scent, so I like to get my bait from the lake I’m fishing or creeks that feed the lake I’m fishing.

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13995171 05/12/21 08:50 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
I’ve used them and they work great Matt. Why don’t you take Pax Bullheadn and I will come scoop up the bait when y’all are done! Lol. Bulls stay alive and lively a long time on a hook. I don’t have access to the bullhead pond anymore or my old Bluegill pond either. My gill pond would have been one throw of the cast net and then go fish but I lost access to that when my neighbor moved. A Flathead will eat anything alive in front of its face so if I have to go throw the cast net for 2 hrs to get bait I will do what I gotta do.

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13995197 05/12/21 09:14 PM
B
Blue Blazer 2400 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Haha you let me know when you want some and are out this way. We go to her pond and try to catch bluegills using corn and all we catch is bullheads.

Re: Flathead quest 2021 [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13995260 05/12/21 10:03 PM
TFF Team Angler
OP Offline
TFF Team Angler
Thanks Matt cheers the trap worked much better today. We got (8) 5-6 “ sunfish this afternoon. Couple more hauls like that and we will be good to go.

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide