Print Thread
Florocarbon carbon acted mono line #13989436 05/07/21 07:27 PM
T
Tomczak jake Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
T
What is y’all’s opinion on the flor Coated mono line is it good what brand is the best?

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: Tomczak jake] #13989442 05/07/21 07:35 PM
21sammy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Personally I have used P-Line Floroclear and only had issues with it. But that is just personal experience and may not be true for other brands.

"Hooksets are free"

Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: 21sammy] #13989447 05/07/21 07:38 PM
Fishinfellow Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by 21sammy
Personally I have used P-Line Floroclear and only had issues with it. But that is just personal experience and may not be true for other brands.

Same here. I hated that P-line fluoroclear. I stick to traditional fluoro, mono and braid.

Thats my money fish
[Linked Image]
Kris Winhold
Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: Tomczak jake] #13989472 05/07/21 08:01 PM
GROD Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Line is one of the most important tools in catching and landing bass... not something to go cheap on. Use backing on spools to get the most out of 200 yard box of line or whatever it is you buy. Buying in bulk (1000 yards) is a better value if you fish often. I agree with the two comments above.

Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: Tomczak jake] #13989809 05/08/21 02:23 AM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Please comment on what issues you guys have had with Fluroclear?

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: 21sammy] #13989826 05/08/21 02:43 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

worst line memory I personally experienced off a spool of this I bought at Academy.....im sure it was old stock since I live in El Paso, and this was years ago.....but it was really bad. never messed with coated lines after that

Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: 4Weight] #13989830 05/08/21 02:44 AM
21sammy Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Originally Posted by 4Weight
Please comment on what issues you guys have had with Fluroclear?

For the longest time I used only Trilene XT Mono on every rod and figured I would try the floroclear and ended up breaking off way too much. I tried different knots and the problem persisted. I could've just had a bad spool but that was the last spool of it I ever bought.

I'm not the type of guy to pay for high-dollar fluorocarbon just because I simply do not have the budget for it right now. If you are able to pay for high dollar fluorocarbon I would say go for it.

Personally for just a few dollars more than Floroclear, I would recommend Berkely Vanish. I have been using it on my T-Rigs and it has impressed me. I buy it at Walmart for about $12 for a 250 yard spool. While it is definitely on the cheap end of the Fluorocarbon scale, I have found that it works well for me.

"Hooksets are free"

Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: GROD] #13989836 05/08/21 02:49 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by GROD
Line is one of the most important tools in catching and landing bass... not something to go cheap on. Use backing on spools to get the most out of 200 yard box of line or whatever it is you buy. Buying in bulk (1000 yards) is a better value if you fish often. I agree with the two comments above.

they made fun of me on another forum for this......but long "leaders" are amazing! I run extremely long "leaders" on most of my baitcasters. Its perfect for my rocky reservoir since I can clip off feet of micronicked line and not worry about running out of leader and retying. AND (PURELY OPINION) im of the belief a longer leader casts better than a short leader. Cant find the exact video....but I saw a slow mo of a baitcaster being cast that sold me on this idea. The most mayhem in a cast happens right when that line first starts peeling off....then after that it flows better. With a good FG knot, deeper in the spool....the cast just seems to get there better for me.

So yea....go a long leader....stupid long, and tell me what you think. Ive seen some pros mention long leaders in the years since, if that matters...but yea, i got my ideas and a long leader is the way to go on a baitcaster.....in my opinion.

Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: bockscar] #13990172 05/08/21 05:12 PM
4Weight Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by bockscar

worst line memory I personally experienced off a spool of this I bought at Academy.....im sure it was old stock since I live in El Paso, and this was years ago.....but it was really bad. never messed with coated lines after that

Interesting that is what I have liked about the P-Line is the lack of memory. Compared to Trilene and others I have found it to be a more than suitable line.

Aztec Anglers San Juan River Guide Service
www.aztecanglers.com
Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: bockscar] #13990198 05/08/21 06:11 PM
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler

they made fun of me on another forum for this......but long "leaders" are amazing! I run extremely long "leaders" on most of my baitcasters. Its perfect for my rocky reservoir since I can clip off feet of micronicked line and not worry about running out of leader and retying. AND (PURELY OPINION) im of the belief a longer leader casts better than a short leader. Cant find the exact video....but I saw a slow mo of a baitcaster being cast that sold me on this idea. The most mayhem in a cast happens right when that line first starts peeling off....then after that it flows better. With a good FG knot, deeper in the spool....the cast just seems to get there better for me.

So yea....go a long leader....stupid long, and tell me what you think. Ive seen some pros mention long leaders in the years since, if that matters...but yea, i got my ideas and a long leader is the way to go on a baitcaster.....in my opinion.

I went out with James Biggs once and he told me 20' leaders on my drop shot. One you can break it off multiple times but 2) your biggest chance to break off a fish is at the boat and with a long leader the braid to floro knot is already in the reel. Works for me. I guess the only disadvantage is loss of feel, but you could do like a 12' leader if you are fishing shallow.

Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: Tomczak jake] #13990203 05/08/21 06:19 PM
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I had a terrible experience with Fluoro-Clear, broke off several times on 10 lb line, never used again but I LOVE their CX Premium line. No longer use fluoro because of it

Jesus loves all of us
Re: Florocarbon carbon acted mono line [Re: 4Weight] #13990268 05/08/21 07:38 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Greg W

I went out with James Biggs once and he told me 20' leaders on my drop shot. One you can break it off multiple times but 2) your biggest chance to break off a fish is at the boat and with a long leader the braid to floro knot is already in the reel. Works for me. I guess the only disadvantage is loss of feel, but you could do like a 12' leader if you are fishing shallow.

my waters are stupid rocky....like unreasonably rocky! LOL I burn through line and retie pretty often because im not trying to have a micronick cost me a fish....and we know it easily can. That "knot is already in the reel" is another point that made me go with long leaders. I go longer than 20 feet tho! LOL...but I go through it like crazy too. It works out for me, which is what really matters.

Originally Posted by 4Weight

Interesting that is what I have liked about the P-Line is the lack of memory. Compared to Trilene and others I have found it to be a more than suitable line.

Thats why i really recommend people to test out as many of the lines out there as they can to find the right one for them. Experiences vary, and what works for me may not work for anyone else....but yea, that one and only spool I ever tried of it was the worst line memory I dealt with on a new spool.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide