Re: Constitutional carry [Re: rj74955] #13989055 05/07/21 01:00 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by rj74955
Originally Posted by chickenman
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1
Seeing the direction these posts are going I sure hope this law doesn't pass till some of you settle down a bit. If not it's going to be a bloody mess around here.

Was it a bloody mess in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming?

Just need Texas and Florida on that list. For freedom to continue to ring it has to include these, especially Texas.

Absolutely.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: rj74955] #13989062 05/07/21 01:05 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Seeing the direction these posts are going I sure hope this law doesn't pass till some of you settle down a bit. If not it's going to be a bloody mess around here.

Was it a bloody mess in Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, New Hampshire, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming?

Just need Texas and Florida on that list. For freedom to continue to ring it has to include these, especially Texas.

we need all states on that list its a constitutional right for all, not just the states passing a few laws

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: 921 Phoenix] #13989071 05/07/21 01:19 PM
rj74955 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 921 Phoenix

we need all states on that list its a constitutional right for all, not just the states passing a few laws

I agree sir, but I was being realistic. Some are hopelessly lost.

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: basscat87] #13989106 05/07/21 01:45 PM
John175☮ Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Online Happy
MACHO MAN
Here is what donothin wants and I'm onboard as long as the same rules apply to voting.

“Do not pray for easier lives. Pray to be stronger men.†-JFK
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: basscat87] #13989109 05/07/21 01:49 PM
P
Pat Goff Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
P
Blah blah blah...
The bottom line?
An armed society is a polite society.

Pat Goff
Seadrift TX
[Linked Image]
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: Pat Goff] #13989111 05/07/21 01:50 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Pat Goff
Blah blah blah...
The bottom line?

yep AMEN

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: basscat87] #13989120 05/07/21 01:56 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
this sign is in the West Side Cafe in Fort Worth. Great food too!

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: drift4fish] #13989279 05/07/21 04:34 PM
Uncle Zeek Offline
aka "Dad"
aka "Dad"
Originally Posted by drift4fish
I'm certainly not wanting to argue with anyone here, my point was, as soon as you tell the LE that you are carrying, he/she can disarm you for
the duration of the stop. The law you just quoted specifically says, "
If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder's person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder's driver's license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder's handgun license.

What if you have your LTC but you are not carrying? Do you still have to show the LE the DOC? Seems to me, as soon as you present the LTC you are
saying that you have a firearm on you. If LE asks me if I have a firearm in my vehicle, I'm telling them I have no duty to tell them either way. I don't know the
laws in other states and can only speak of Colorado and the 4th amendment. As a law abiding citizen, I have very little interaction with the PoPo.

If you are not armed, then there is no duty to provide your LTC to the officer. I've had one time where I was pulled over on my motorcycle, didn't have a firearm and only gave my drivers license to the cop. He ran it and came back to me asking whether I had a gun. Ever since then, I provide my LTC to law enforcement along with my drivers license even if I'm unarmed. Have not had a single instance of them wanting to take possession of my firearm(s) during such encounters.

"Decency is not news; it is buried in the obituaries --but it is a force stronger than crime" ~ Robert A. Heinlein
Artim Law Firm, PLLC
Estate planning & tax attorney
2250 Morriss Road, Suite 205, Flower Mound, Texas 75028
972-746-0758 mobile
zac@artimlegal.com
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: lakeforkfisherman] #13989428 05/07/21 07:14 PM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by lakeforkfisherman
Ugh. 7 pages. Can someone summarize?

Page (1) Started off with OT law experts mentioning you can deny LEO the opportunity to search your vehicle if you have a gun. Also found out we have lots of folks that get pulled over. (a lot)
Page (2) LEO salaries were discussed. Killing off the "olds". Insults starting flying around including family members, specifically Mothers. Some "hate" talk.
Page (3) Veterans got included in the "hate" talk. Constitution Amendments 1,2, and 4 get more discussion and 1 and 4 get battered pretty bad.
Page (4) More legal discussion. Insults start to fly. More legal discussion about what happens "after" you shoot someone. Dog piling starts. A bloody mess is mentioned. Dan defends Donothin.
Page (5) Talk of Armageddon if law passes. Hop post video of man with too much ammo. More law discussion. Dan defends Donothin
Page (6) Cheap attempt at advertising for a good restaurant. More legal discussion. Hasn't happened at the time of this post but I'm sure Dan will be defending Donothin

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: basscat87] #13989445 05/07/21 07:36 PM
I
Indianation65 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I
I'm about to start reading from page 1 in hopes that I'll learn a thing or two!

...------

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: Uncle Zeek] #13989449 05/07/21 07:40 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek
I'm certainly not wanting to argue with anyone here, my point was, as soon as you tell the LE that you are carrying, he/she can disarm you for
If a license holder is carrying a handgun on or about the license holder's person when a magistrate or a peace officer demands that the license holder display identification, the license holder shall display both the license holder's driver's license or identification certificate issued by the department and the license holder's handgun license.

What if you have your LTC but you are not carrying? Do you still have to show the LE the DOC? Seems to me, as soon as you present the LTC you are
saying that you have a firearm on you. If LE asks me if I have a firearm in my vehicle, I'm telling them I have no duty to tell them either way. I don't know the
laws in other states and can only speak of Colorado and the 4th amendment. As a law abiding citizen, I have very little interaction with the PoPo.

If you are not armed, then there is no duty to provide your LTC to the officer. I've had one time where I was pulled over on my motorcycle, didn't have a firearm and only gave my drivers license to the cop. He ran it and came back to me asking whether I had a gun. Ever since then, I provide my LTC to law enforcement along with my drivers license even if I'm unarmed. Have not had a single instance of them wanting to take possession of my firearm(s) during such encounters.

It's on your DL and registration check in texas.....that you have a LTC

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: txmasterpo] #13989680 05/07/21 11:52 PM
O
Oldrabbit Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
O
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Originally Posted by Uncle Zeek

It's on your DL and registration check in Texas.....that you have a LTC

I have been pulled over 2 times since I got my LTC many years ago. Speeding in Arkansas (guilty) and in Texas (rent a car with no window sticker or current inspection) and both times I presented my DL, LTC and Insurance Card and informed them that I was carrying. Both times the officer asked where the weapon was, told me not to reach where it was and then relaxed. Oh, and 1 time as a passenger, I had my DL and LTC out and in the drivers hands when the officer came to the window. Hands on the top of my head, fingers interlocked. The officer laughed and said thanks.

Re: Constitutional carry [Re: John175☮] #13991311 05/09/21 11:52 PM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
Originally Posted by John175☮
Here is what donothin wants and I'm onboard as long as the same rules apply to voting.

I've been thinking about this video for a few days. They either polled a real left leaning urban group to get their %s or are outright lyin.

[Linked Image]
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: basscat87] #13991335 05/10/21 12:12 AM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
What is everyone doing to get pulled over so much?I have been pulled over maybe twice in the last 20 years. In favor of Constitutional carry. Should let you carry beyond your home, vehicle, boat, business, etc.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Constitutional carry [Re: Pat Goff] #13991672 05/10/21 12:22 PM
G
GarySHO Offline
Ice Ice Baby
Ice Ice Baby
G
Originally Posted by Pat Goff
Blah blah blah...
The bottom line?

Exactly. I've been in a couple war zones and while everyone had ammo, all was good no one being a tool. Except for the guys that wanted to kill you.

[Linked Image]
A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user- Theodore Roosevelt

Broken Bow Lake Fishing Guide

2020 Caymas CX 20 PRO and 250 SHO
Page 9 of 10 1 2 7 8 9 10
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide