texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
10132vigilante, Tiaganna, remington670, bassinb, LouC
115397 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 102,487
hopalong 97,149
Pilothawk 80,886
John175☮ 79,163
Bigbob_FTW 73,976
JDavis7873 67,402
Derek 🐝 66,649
Mark Perry 62,881
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,149,577
Posts15,716,057
Members140,397
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975674 04/27/21 02:46 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,004
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,004
There are rules of evidence. "I can't prove it but I'm pretty sure you must have broken the law" isn't one of them. If a cop had stopped him as he was pulling the boat out of the water, measured his fish, and found that they were in the slot that would be evidence. If he saw him driving away from the lake, checked his boat, and found water in his bilge or livewells that would be evidence.

I never realized so many fishermen are narcs.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Razorback] #13975678 04/27/21 02:49 PM
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 614
B
bockscar Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
B
Joined: Dec 2020
Posts: 614
Originally Posted by Razorback
There are rules of evidence. "I can't prove it but I'm pretty sure you must have broken the law" isn't one of them. If a cop had stopped him as he was pulling the boat out of the water, measured his fish, and found that they were in the slot that would be evidence. If he saw him driving away from the lake, checked his boat, and found water in his bilge or livewells that would be evidence.

I never realized so many fishermen are narcs.

no one complaining cares about the rules that could have been potentially violated. Thats just the guise they are using to hate on some youtubers 🤷‍♂️

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975691 04/27/21 02:55 PM
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,004
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
R
Joined: Aug 2001
Posts: 4,004
Just for the record I follow every tournament rule to the letter and try to obey every law on the water. I think some of our current laws go way too far, but I try not to break them.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13975708 04/27/21 03:05 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,038
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
D
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
What about every trailering tournament on Rayburn, Toledo, Travis, Lbj, Belton? Not everyone drains their livewells on site and no way to prove it


It's perfectly legal to leave a ramp with water in your livewell and go to another ramp on the same lake. If you are in a tournament that has an offsite weigh in. You just need a note from the td

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Allison1] #13975713 04/27/21 03:08 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,038
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
D
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,038
Originally Posted by Allison1
Unless the video shows him filling his livewells in the public lake they have no proof of where the water came from do they?
He could have filled them and brought his own water to the lake. Its not illegal to take rain or faucet water to the lake I hope.


Now you are changing your argument. First you said he didn't break any laws. He did. Now you say it can't be proven. Which is it? Did he not break any laws or is it that you think it just can't be proven

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Razorback] #13975735 04/27/21 03:40 PM
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,308
G
grout-scout Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
G
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 10,308
Originally Posted by Razorback
There are rules of evidence. "I can't prove it but I'm pretty sure you must have broken the law" isn't one of them. If a cop had stopped him as he was pulling the boat out of the water, measured his fish, and found that they were in the slot that would be evidence. If he saw him driving away from the lake, checked his boat, and found water in his bilge or livewells that would be evidence.

I never realized so many fishermen are narcs.




Yeah, I think I’ll disagree again. I haven’t googled “narc“, but unless we turned him into the law, which I doubt anyone did, then I’d say that we were just having a conversation about a guy that broke 2 laws.


I also recall a thread the other day about some guys throwing out a (culling) dead fish, were we all narcs then too?

Last edited by grout-scout; 04/27/21 03:43 PM.
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975747 04/27/21 03:57 PM
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 459
E
ETXfisher91 Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
E
Joined: Feb 2017
Posts: 459
Why are y'all still arguing about this?

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975769 04/27/21 04:15 PM
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,278
I
I'm The Dude Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
I
Joined: Apr 2007
Posts: 3,278
Damn yanks moving to Texas and ruining everything.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975849 04/27/21 05:21 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,965
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,965
[Linked Image]


“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Dubee] #13975862 04/27/21 05:35 PM
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,944
Barrett Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 7,944
Originally Posted by Dubee
Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by Barrett
https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/...-and-transport-of-exotic-aquatic-species

Wrong again. How can you possibly read this and not understand? This is getting comical. I don't care what lake he was on im telling you he broke the law and that's why he took the video down. Link posted if anybody cares to take the time to read it roflmao


He broke no laws. This is from TPWD Frequently asked Questions.
Quote
Can I catch fish in public water and take them home to stock my pond?

Fish that are legally harvested from public water may be stocked in a private pond. “Legally harvested” fish are caught by someone who holds the required fishing license, observing all applicable length limits, daily bag limits, and gear restrictions.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/faq/landwater/fisheries/#f2


Wrong again David. It has always been legal to take fish from a public lake and put in your pond. As long as they meet length limits for that lake. What is illegal these days is leaving the lake with water in your livewells. So yes he did break a law. I haven't watched the video but if he kept slot fish that would be breaking another law


It’s shy of mind blowing that people can’t understand this.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975923 04/27/21 06:06 PM
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,038
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Team Angler
Offline
TFF Team Angler
D
Joined: Jul 2011
Posts: 4,038
He even quoted your link. And he still can't understand.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975925 04/27/21 06:07 PM
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,563
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
T
Joined: Feb 2002
Posts: 2,563
Who's a Milliken and why is he important?

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13976011 04/27/21 07:08 PM
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,133
C
Cmack Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
C
Joined: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,133
Sounds like a bunch of thin skinned Nancy's to me.


Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13976411 04/27/21 11:05 PM
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 329
J
jiggmann Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
J
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 329
LOL i was going to say Karen’s!

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13976425 04/27/21 11:25 PM
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,965
D
Douglas J Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
D
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 11,965
Why are so many rooting for this guy to fail? I do not have an opinion of him personally or professionally. But, judging from some of the comments posted here some of y'all walked in and caught him with your wife or daughter LOL


“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Benjamin Franklin
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3