texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
CurtisKeller, Mike Barker, nebass97, Fishing243, fishin321
115380 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 102,430
hopalong 97,126
Pilothawk 80,885
Bigbob_FTW 73,949
JDavis7873ฎ 67,402
Mark Perry 62,868
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,149,382
Posts15,713,712
Members140,380
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
WTB GOJAKS #13975734 04/27/21 03:40 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,368
D
dimitri Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,368
looking for gojaks or something similar to move a 21ft bass fishing boat around in the shop.

Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: dimitri] #13975882 04/27/21 05:43 PM
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 209
RandyD Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
Joined: Dec 2002
Posts: 209
Harbor Freight has 2-3 models (check the weight capacity)... A lot less money than the Gojak name brand


Require a whole lot of luck...


Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: dimitri] #13975887 04/27/21 05:47 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
I'm selling my boat on May 10th and I will not need my two relatively new Go-Jaks, model G4520's. They are for wider tires. I paid $268/ea one year ago and I plan to sell them for $400 total for both. They're just like new.


๐Ÿ˜Ž No matter where ya go, there ya are... ๐Ÿ˜Ž



Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: RandyD] #13975889 04/27/21 05:48 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
Originally Posted by RandyD
Harbor Freight has 2-3 models (check the weight capacity)... A lot less money than the Gojak name brand



Nothing works as good as the Go-Jak brand, either.


๐Ÿ˜Ž No matter where ya go, there ya are... ๐Ÿ˜Ž



Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: Okie Poke] #13975905 04/27/21 05:57 PM
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 269
Tin Star Cajun Offline
Angler
Offline
Angler
Joined: Oct 2016
Posts: 269
Originally Posted by Okie Poke
Originally Posted by RandyD
Harbor Freight has 2-3 models (check the weight capacity)... A lot less money than the Gojak name brand



Nothing works as good as the Go-Jak brand, either.



Comparison of Go Jack vs Harbor Freight


The only difference between a little girls scream and a warrior's battle cry is the direction your'e running!

[Linked Image]
Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: dimitri] #13975955 04/27/21 06:31 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,079
rkd Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,079
I can vouch for OkiePoke's GoJacks. He showed me how they worked in his garage before I committed to buying my own and they're awesome. That said, GoJack is the better brand but I chose to go with the Harbor Freight version due to cost. I only need to move my Skeeter Dual Axle sideways about 6-7 feet at the most to make it fit in my garage. I put one jack on each of the front wheels on the trailer and it pivots EASILY. Now that said, if I had to do anything more than just pivot 6-7 feet, I would invest in the more expensive GoJacks. I'm pretty sure my Harbor Freights would struggle having to move the entire trailer.

Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: rkd] #13975966 04/27/21 06:38 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
Originally Posted by rkd
I can vouch for OkiePoke's GoJacks. He showed me how they worked in his garage before I committed to buying my own and they're awesome. That said, GoJack is the better brand but I chose to go with the Harbor Freight version due to cost. I only need to move my Skeeter Dual Axle sideways about 6-7 feet at the most to make it fit in my garage. I put one jack on each of the front wheels on the trailer and it pivots EASILY. Now that said, if I had to do anything more than just pivot 6-7 feet, I would invest in the more expensive GoJacks. I'm pretty sure my Harbor Freights would struggle having to move the entire trailer.


You have a big garage, too. You oughta see how I have to manuever my FX20 in the garage now. I lift all of the boat/trailer off the ground. I had to buy the bigger Go-Jaks (G4520) due to 20" tires on the trailer. I can see you staying with the HF Jaks. You didn't have to move your boat very far.


๐Ÿ˜Ž No matter where ya go, there ya are... ๐Ÿ˜Ž



Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: dimitri] #13975979 04/27/21 06:43 PM
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,368
D
dimitri Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
D
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,368
i would need to slide a zx250 about 15ft sideways

Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: dimitri] #13976108 04/27/21 07:56 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
Just let me know if youโ€™re interested in buying mine. They will be available on May 10th.


๐Ÿ˜Ž No matter where ya go, there ya are... ๐Ÿ˜Ž



Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: dimitri] #13976115 04/27/21 08:00 PM
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,079
rkd Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
Joined: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,079
That's enough distance to recommend the better GoJack model. The casters on the GoJacks are MUCH better than those on the HF version. Get Okie's two and you might even have to buy another two so you can move the whole trailer. Now this might be a dumb question back to Okie...I can only move the bow/trailer tongue side to side but it won't budge going forward or backwards. Does that mean the trailer brakes are engaged or is that because I need jacks on all 4 trailer wheels?

Re: WTB GOJAKS [Re: rkd] #13976175 04/27/21 08:28 PM
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
Okie Poke Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Feb 2004
Posts: 25,688
Originally Posted by rkd
That's enough distance to recommend the better GoJack model. The casters on the GoJacks are MUCH better than those on the HF version. Get Okie's two and you might even have to buy another two so you can move the whole trailer. Now this might be a dumb question back to Okie...I can only move the bow/trailer tongue side to side but it won't budge going forward or backwards. Does that mean the trailer brakes are engaged or is that because I need jacks on all 4 trailer wheels?


It will if you get enough force behind it. I doubt the HF ones will, but the Go-Jackโ€™s most definitely will with only two Jackโ€™s on the front wheels of the tandem. Itโ€™s all about the quality of the casters.


๐Ÿ˜Ž No matter where ya go, there ya are... ๐Ÿ˜Ž



Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3