Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975331 04/27/21 03:55 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Lol, guys are arguing, just to argue now. I’m sure he removes videos all the time, just because. roflmao

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975332 04/27/21 03:57 AM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
https://tpwd.texas.gov/regulations/...-and-transport-of-exotic-aquatic-species

Wrong again. How can you possibly read this and not understand? This is getting comical. I don't care what lake he was on im telling you he broke the law and that's why he took the video down. Link posted if anybody cares to take the time to read it roflmao

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975339 04/27/21 04:04 AM
D
Darin S. Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
The people defending him are tubers or wannabe tubers. Nuff said.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975478 04/27/21 12:13 PM
G
GMTK Offline
Angler
Angler
G
I can see TPWD not writing a ticket for the slot violation, but not sure how he gets around the failure to drain his livewells. However, how is TPWD going to prove it if Milliken and his buddy don't cooperate? Guess the could get a search warrant for the raw video but I'm not sure how much work TPWD is going to do for a class C ticket.

IMO - TPWD calls them in and gives them the riot act, lets Milliken know he's being watched then has Milliken and crew do a PSA for TPWD that is put out on youtube and available for TPWD to use for the public. That alone could be worth thousands of dollars and have a greater impact.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975492 04/27/21 12:28 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
What about every trailering tournament on Rayburn, Toledo, Travis, Lbj, Belton? Not everyone drains their livewells on site and no way to prove it

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13975506 04/27/21 12:40 PM
G
GMTK Offline
Angler
Angler
G
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
What about every trailering tournament on Rayburn, Toledo, Travis, Lbj, Belton? Not everyone drains their livewells on site and no way to prove it

There is a special rule about tournaments:

"Persons participating in a fishing tournament confined to one water body are allowed to transport live fish in water from that single water body to an identified off-site weigh-in location, provided all water is drained and properly disposed of before leaving that location. Participants must possess documentation provided by tournament organizers that identify them as participants in a tournament."

I know at Amistad when you can trailer they have you pump out while at Diablo East in the parking lot.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975513 04/27/21 12:44 PM
blazeplatt Offline
Angler
Angler
If it is legal to transport fish from a public body of water to private, how does TRWD deal with not draining your live well? Are you supposed to fill up a separate tank with tap water, treat the water and then transport?

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975611 04/27/21 01:52 PM
R
Razorback Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Only a totally anally retentive game warden is going to start stopping boats after they leave lakes to make sure their bilges, livewells, and even motors have been drained of all water.

Which is why I expect at least one in the Sandlin/Cypress/Welsh area to do it fanatically. He checked me twice within 30 minutes one day on Sandlin and went through the entire list. License, life jackets, boat registration, throw cushion, fire extinguisher, horn. My horn works, but I had the main power button turned off while fishing and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't sound. He may have been about to get me when I pulled out my whistle and blew it at him.

I'm having a hard time becoming outraged because a fisherman had water in his livewell when he left the lake. FWIW, I don't own a Go Pro, never intend to own one, and have never shot a video of anything fishing related. Milliken's videos show up on my phone when he releases a new one and I almost always delete them without watching. I only looked for this one because such a hubbub was being made over it on this board. The only YouTube to which I subscribe is Roland Martin's. I get a kick out of watching an 80 year old man who still catches the heck out of big fish, still gets so excited about fishing, and is in good enough shape to intentionally jump out of his boat so he can show everyone how to get back in. He's a hoot.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Barrett] #13975627 04/27/21 02:07 PM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Barrett

Wrong again. How can you possibly read this and not understand? This is getting comical. I don't care what lake he was on im telling you he broke the law and that's why he took the video down. Link posted if anybody cares to take the time to read it roflmao

He broke no laws. This is from TPWD Frequently asked Questions.
Can I catch fish in public water and take them home to stock my pond?

Fish that are legally harvested from public water may be stocked in a private pond. “Legally harvested” fish are caught by someone who holds the required fishing license, observing all applicable length limits, daily bag limits, and gear restrictions.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/faq/landwater/fisheries/#f2

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Allison1] #13975637 04/27/21 02:19 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by Allison1
Originally Posted by Barrett

He broke no laws. This is from TPWD Frequently asked Questions.
Can I catch fish in public water and take them home to stock my pond?

Fish that are legally harvested from public water may be stocked in a private pond. “Legally harvested” fish are caught by someone who holds the required fishing license, observing all applicable length limits, daily bag limits, and gear restrictions.

https://tpwd.texas.gov/faq/landwater/fisheries/#f2

Wrong again David. It has always been legal to take fish from a public lake and put in your pond. As long as they meet length limits for that lake. What is illegal these days is leaving the lake with water in your livewells. So yes he did break a law. I haven't watched the video but if he kept slot fish that would be breaking another law

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13975655 04/27/21 02:31 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta

The permit a club or organization must get to hold a tournament includes some sort of waiver that permits trailering

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 04/27/21 02:31 PM.
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975657 04/27/21 02:33 PM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Unless the video shows him filling his livewells in the public lake they have no proof of where the water came from do they?
He could have filled them and brought his own water to the lake. Its not illegal to take rain or faucet water to the lake I hope.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Allison1] #13975659 04/27/21 02:34 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Allison1
Unless the video shows him filling his livewells in the public lake they have no proof of where the water came from do they?
He could have filled them and brought his own water to the lake. Its not illegal to take rain or faucet water to the lake I hope.

Freakin LOL, are you his handler

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975667 04/27/21 02:39 PM
Allison1 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Nope but to write a ticket you would think the game warden would have to prove he violated the law.
That means he took lake water and transported it and drained it out in the other lake.

If I was stocking my own lake now that I know the law I would do the same. Take tap water or rain water and use it so I could stay legal. Wouldn't you?

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Razorback] #13975673 04/27/21 02:45 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Razorback

I'm having a hard time becoming outraged because a fisherman had water in his livewell when he left the lake. FWIW, I don't own a Go Pro, never intend to own one, and have never shot a video of anything fishing related. Milliken's videos show up on my phone when he releases a new one and I almost always delete them without watching. I only looked for this one because such a hubbub was being made over it on this board. The only YouTube to which I subscribe is Roland Martin's. I get a kick out of watching an 80 year old man who still catches the heck out of big fish, still gets so excited about fishing, and is in good enough shape to intentionally jump out of his boat so he can show everyone how to get back in. He's a hoot.

You dont need to explain. Im not a youtuber either and the comment was pretty silly....and actually, I dont even subscribe to Miliken cuz I kinda think hes a prick and I dont like how he bashes the companies he doesnt work with. Its just super hilarious to see the mental gymnastics people do to try their hardest to hate on these kids success....and if we are being real thats what this thread is 100% about. Just read the comments....some say he violated clean, drain and dry....some say be broke slot limits....theyre just grasping at straws going full tryhard. Now with that said...it is very likely he did break a law and why he decided to take down the video. But NO ONE in here cares about him breaking a law at all....they just care that they found something to complain about to try and smear these successful kids/youtubers.

Look at the Ivie threads for another example....lots of accusations thrown around in there that had about 10% of the teeth that they were making them out to be. Basically the only true thing in those threads was that they had the fish in their livewell and drove "all around Texas" but that was pretty well explained in his video. They livewelled them to meet the TP&W people...and when they did water tests to transfer from Milikens livewell to the TP&W livewell all the water level tests were VERY good and almost right on par with the TP&W livewell water. Whod figure a newer model $70,000 bass boat would have an amazing livewell system 🤷‍♂️

Crazy how salty some people get over some free videos that are easily avoidable. You all be sure to like and subscribe to my non-existent Youtube channel tho roflmao

Page 7 of 22 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide