Print Thread
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Razorback] #13974913 04/26/21 11:23 PM
Brent S Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Razorback
I'm trying to picture how this would go before the judge or in court.

Judge: "What is the length restriction on the lake for which you are charging Mr. Mulligan (I like the new name)?"

Officer: "There is a 14-24 inch slot, Your Honor. "

Judge: "And how long were Mr. Mulligan's fish when you measured them?"

Officer: "Well, I didn't actually measure them. I didn't actually see them in person. But eyeballing them in the video I would say they were about 19-23 inches long."

Judge: "You are 'eyeballing' and 'estimating' the length of fish from a video? Is that all the evidence you have for making this charge?"

Officer: "Oh, no sir. Not by a long shot. The guys on the Texas Fishing Forum eyeballed and estimated they were short, too."

I suggest we go ahead and get a rope.

Stones first, then the rope.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Razorback] #13974920 04/26/21 11:26 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S

Judge: "What is the length restriction on the lake for which you are charging Mr. Mulligan (I like the new name)?"

Officer: "Well, I didn't actually measure them. I didn't actually see them in person. But eyeballing them in the video I would say they were about 19-23 inches long."

Judge: "You are 'eyeballing' and 'estimating' the length of fish from a video? Is that all the evidence you have for making this charge?"

Officer: "Oh, no sir. Not by a long shot. The PROFESSIONALS on the Texas Fishing Forum eyeballed and estimated they were short, too."

FIFY. roflmao

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Razorback] #13974922 04/26/21 11:28 PM
Brandon Dickenson Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

Officer: "Oh, no sir. Not by a long shot. The guys on the Texas Fishing Forum eyeballed and estimated they were short, too."

lol, I haven't seen many 24" 4 lbers

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13974942 04/26/21 11:38 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
So now his followers come out to support him. Ray Charles could see those were slot fish, plus breaking the clean, drain, dry law...... carry on M.Fers as he calls you all.... roflmao

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13974951 04/26/21 11:44 PM
Minner Bucket Online Content OP
TFF Celebrity
OP Online Content
TFF Celebrity
I’m sure he took the video down for reasons other than the fact he documented himself breaking the law.....I do own ocean front property in AZ.....

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Razorback] #13974980 04/26/21 11:58 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Let the officer know if they need an official weight we got plenty on here that can provide that as well. This guy is a menace to society in my opinion.

Last edited by bockscar; 04/26/21 11:58 PM.
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975076 04/27/21 12:55 AM
machinist Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
Online Sleepy
TFF Team Angler
I mean how do you know it was a slot lake? Was there a sign that said slot lake or Fayetteville

Last edited by machinist; 04/27/21 12:56 AM.

I fish on the edge and stay out of the middle

99 BassCat Jag w/225 Merc Optimax
Retired TXU Outage Manager
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Razorback] #13975093 04/27/21 01:06 AM
B
BThomas Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
B

I think the Pro Staffer should take this on.
roflmao

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: BThomas] #13975096 04/27/21 01:07 AM
Barrett Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by BThomas
Originally Posted by Barrett
Originally Posted by CCTX
These YouTube guys know how to stage and edit video to result in the most clicks.
He is getting the intended reaction.

Good lord. Welcome to Monday. The video was DELETED by him. Just another example of an idiot posting a YouTube video of himself breaking the law.

He is not breaking the law if the fish are of legal size.

From TPWD site:

Can I catch fish in public water and take them home to stock my pond?

Fish that are legally harvested from public water may be stocked in a private pond. “Legally harvested” fish are caught by someone who holds the required fishing license, observing all applicable length limits, daily bag limits, and gear restrictions. For more information on licenses and regulations, see the Texas Outdoor Annual.

Again you are 100 percent wrong. Yes that part of the law he didn’t break. The part of the law he did break was taking water from the lake with the clean drain and dry law. It’s written in literally black in white and that’s the reason he took his video down.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975113 04/27/21 01:22 AM
R
Razorback Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket
So now his followers come out to support him. Ray Charles could see those were slot fish, plus breaking the clean, drain, dry law...... carry on M.Fers as he calls you all.... roflmao

I'm not a supporter. I just find the idea of a cop writing a ticket without actually seeing and measuring the fish funny.

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Razorback] #13975120 04/27/21 01:25 AM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by Minner Bucket

I'm not a supporter. I just find the idea of a cop writing a ticket without actually seeing and measuring the fish funny.

Kind of like red light cameras, they don’t really see you...or do they....

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: BThomas] #13975164 04/27/21 01:43 AM
D
Douglas J Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
D
Originally Posted by BThomas
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
Originally Posted by Dan21XRS
Originally Posted by Douglas J
... So is Biden passing out cast nets?

And $1400 checks... Dan

Dan, you do realize we know it’s you posting.... right? I mean, you’re name is Dan21XS. Just checking bud. cheers

LOL.... Is your real name Frank or is it "the Tank" ? asking for a friend.

It's actually Jon

#MFGA
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: bockscar] #13975270 04/27/21 02:59 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by bockscar
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
Originally Posted by MBoehm1729
Originally Posted by Barrett
Prob just going to be a ticket at best. What hes doing is legal minus the zebra muscle laws so you wont have any restitution from the state etc. Prob cheaper to take the ticket then stock it the right way. I commented on his youtube account. Be interesting if he responds or deletes the video. Anybody know what county he lives in?

Montgomery, Walker, or San Jacinto. He said in one of his videos he was close to 6th sense so Montgomery county most likely.

. Apparently YouTube has been doing him well.

Not saying you specifically, but I think this is what the vast majority of the people that hate on youtubers cant wrap their heads around. Older people are barely catching up (to even slightly understanding how social media works) and hear things like, "clicks, views and likes" and seeing that from a early social media perspective where "clicks, views and likes" were literally just for ego.....but in 2021 if you have enough follows or subscribers each and every single one of those clicks, likes and views literally has a dollar value.

Yea sure, one of use common folk catches a giant and posting about it and getting 100+ likes is doing nothing but a ego check......these youtubers catch a giant and make a video literally makes them hundreds and likely thousands of dollars...JUST off the video. Not even factoring in the promo deals they get from sponsors (miliken and 6th sense is a good example).

Thats why it was borderline asinine when all the hate for Miliken+Zark was happening and people were complaining about them livewelling fish for "likes," when in reality, sure the "like" is the vehicle that accomplishes their goal(money)...but they didnt livewell a fish for "likes" they livewelled the fish because they make a very good living off those "likes." In the same thread you had a local mention catching a giant. livewelling it and getting paid several thousand dollars since it was on tourney day....and that was PERFECTLY fine from some peoples perspective, while what Miliken did was not....even though miliken has and is making more money than a few thousand off of his fish from his week at Ivie.

All the hate for the youtubers is mostly due to a fundamental lack of understanding for how things work in 2021....in my opinion. With the moving of sponsor dollars we have seen in the last 2 years especially, with the Ike's saying "F it" to tourney fishing.....that really shows how youtubers are gonna be a big part in the future of fishing any way you slice it. How many fisherman do you know under 21 years old? Next time youre around them ask them if they watch any youtube fishing videos....i can guarantee 100% say yes to that question 🤔🤷‍♂️

You know, us older folks can understand all that, and despise it even more right?? rolleyes

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: Minner Bucket] #13975278 04/27/21 03:03 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by txmasterpo

You know, us older folks can understand all that, and despise it even more right?? rolleyes

I doubt the majority fully understand how much these boys are making......despite what they may tell you they understand 🤔🤷‍♂️

Re: Milliken Fishing [Re: bockscar] #13975295 04/27/21 03:15 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Originally Posted by bockscar
Originally Posted by txmasterpo

I doubt the majority fully understand how much these boys are making......despite what they may tell you they understand 🤔🤷‍♂️

Money ain't everything

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Page 6 of 22 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 21 22
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide