Hummingbird Live View #13972120 04/24/21 02:55 PM
D
dudley44 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
any new info ???

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: dudley44] #13972218 04/24/21 04:13 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
im just waiting for a delay announcement....i have no idea how stuff isnt "leaking" with the release coming up. I put "leaking" in quotes because the leaks have become marketing opportunities nowadays since they generate so much hype. But we arent seeing them with the HB Live yet...has me worried.

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: bockscar] #13972250 04/24/21 04:41 PM
D
dudley44 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
THANKS----really curious before purchase----can they be pre-ordered????

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: dudley44] #13972509 04/24/21 09:55 PM
Outdoordude Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Russell Marine Products has been taking pre-orders for months. Not sure about local vendors.

Scott Jones
Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: Outdoordude] #13973010 04/25/21 02:27 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Outdoordude
Russell Marine Products has been taking pre-orders for months. Not sure about local vendors.

yup. just looked it up too and it mentioned July.......werent they promising them earlier around spring time before?

Im team humminbird all the way.....but im kinda thinking they are further behind than they may be letting on. July is less than 3 months away, and we are in the middle of BASS and FLW/BPT season....hard for me to believe that there wouldnt be leaks, and probably most telling....that there are no protos on peoples boats. Youd figure someone like KVD would be itching to get his hands on some good live tech since he hasnt had the recent results he'd like, and since he is and has been sponsored by HB for so long.

Has me wondering.

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: dudley44] #13977261 04/28/21 03:17 PM
Big Red 12 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
I thought they were supposed to release it at the Classic. Then the Classic got moved to the summer and I haven't heard anything since.

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: Big Red 12] #13977296 04/28/21 03:38 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Big Red 12
I thought they were supposed to release it at the Classic. Then the Classic got moved to the summer and I haven't heard anything since.

when this was posted i went to RMP to check on preorder status...and now it says july. I couldve sworn before it was a spring time month, not mid summer. HB is my favorite brand cuz I really think they are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of imaging.....but I think they are much further behind than they are letting on. Sounds dumb...but the fact that KVD isnt running one tells me something. 1. Hes KVD! cant get any better marketing than from that guy 2. KVD and HB have been working together a very long time, their is loyalty....so youd think hed get dibs on the new stuff 3. KVD hasnt been winning...and I bet he knows that live imaging would help him, but KVD doesnt seem like a multibrand guy since im sure he likes to keep those sponsor checks in tact. So all that stuff has me thinking if there was a proto or anything close....KVD would be running it.

just speculating....these fishing companies dont usually delay efforts to drain our wallets! LOL

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: dudley44] #13977417 04/28/21 05:15 PM
T
Tyler Kalishek Offline
Angler
Angler
T
Iā€™d like to see it come out soon in hopes I could grab a second hand livescope

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: dudley44] #13977482 04/28/21 06:13 PM
D
David Burton Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Original date was March, then May, now who knows actual delivery date. I assume they hit the same COVID parts/raw materials issues that everyone else did!

David Burton
2015 Skeeter FX 21 +Ultrex +Helix 12 (x3) +Mega360 +MegaLive
Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: dudley44] #13977549 04/28/21 06:57 PM
M
mudd Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
M
They cant get parts to build them and then im told by the suppliers they had some software issues. Just buy a Garmin if u want one right now

93 Ranger 482vs
95 Bullet 20cc

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: dudley44] #13977806 04/28/21 10:35 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Just a few more days and they will be here! sarcastic

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: bockscar] #13978053 04/29/21 01:11 AM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by bockscar

when this was posted i went to RMP to check on preorder status...and now it says july. I couldve sworn before it was a spring time month, not mid summer. HB is my favorite brand cuz I really think they are head and shoulders above the rest in terms of imaging.....but I think they are much further behind than they are letting on. Sounds dumb...but the fact that KVD isnt running one tells me something. 1. Hes KVD! cant get any better marketing than from that guy 2. KVD and HB have been working together a very long time, their is loyalty....so youd think hed get dibs on the new stuff 3. KVD hasnt been winning...and I bet he knows that live imaging would help him, but KVD doesnt seem like a multibrand guy since im sure he likes to keep those sponsor checks in tact. So all that stuff has me thinking if there was a proto or anything close....KVD would be running it.

just speculating....these fishing companies dont usually delay efforts to drain our wallets! LOL

I agree. If we havent seen a working model or video yet they arent very close to a production model

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: the skipper] #13978083 04/29/21 01:27 AM
Joel McBride Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
There was a video on YouTube showing it. It's gone now for some reason. Looked pretty darn good

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: dudley44] #13978136 04/29/21 01:56 AM
D
D1988 Online Content
Angler
Online Content
Angler
D
It's all because of the shortage of the micro processor chips. This will eventually affect everything. This is why we need to make it in the USA. The auto industry is being hit hard. The electronic products will get bad by summer. These chips are made in guess where CHINA.

Re: Hummingbird Live View [Re: mudd] #13978294 04/29/21 03:24 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by the skipper
Originally Posted by bockscar

I agree. If we havent seen a working model or video yet they arent very close to a production model

you know someone like KVD is just itching to get his hands on it too!

Originally Posted by Joel McBride
There was a video on YouTube showing it. It's gone now for some reason. Looked pretty darn good

So from my understanding....AKA stuff I read on facebook and online, so of course more speculation but every once in a while you get some nuggets of truth. This is NOT mega live imaging...technically. I guess this video (im pretty sure we are talking about this same one) is the same company that humminbird is working with to make their live imaging, its my understanding they are an ocean/deep sea sonar type of company. The comments I read said this video is some of their best stuff....and that the transducer alone is $30k! Thats a huge difference from mega live...so i wonder how much a difference the imaging will be. Im pretty optimistic tho still since scanning the ocean has to take way more juice than scanning the likely depths we will be fishing(<100 feet for the most part) so maybe they were able to make a small unit that packs enough punch to produce similar returns in freshwater/shallower water (compared to ocean depths of course). All speculation...but who knows at this point when we will get any confirmation. These delays are a sign for me to NOT get it!!! LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koah_dg5pTw&ab_channel=BassMonkeyFishing

Originally Posted by D1988
It's all because of the shortage of the micro processor chips. This will eventually affect everything. This is why we need to make it in the USA. The auto industry is being hit hard. The electronic products will get bad by summer. These chips are made in guess where CHINA.

Originally Posted by mudd
They cant get parts to build them and then im told by the suppliers they had some software issues. Just buy a Garmin if u want one right now

very good points and I really didnt even give that aspect of it credit. Humminbird and Johnson outdoors are roaches compared to the bigger companies out there looking for the same type stuff...cant imagine them having much leverage to get them what they need quick.

I think they are just gonna keep pushing the date back likely to preserve the preorders since I bet they got a lot!!! If i remember correctly Lowrance did the same with their live....or it mightve been lowrance and/or garmin doing similar when they rolled out their TMs. Kept pushing back dates trying to keep the preorders in tact and just delivered when they delivered.....kinda scary to see that kinda stuff. For the money we pay for our electronics....its almost like we are funding their production and R&D in real time....like a kickstarter type deal šŸ¤”šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited by bockscar; 04/29/21 03:27 AM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide