texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
JDavis7873ฎ 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,895
Posts13,954,949
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Texas weather #13968345 04/21/21 03:14 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
So right now the forecast for the weekend says 76 on Saturday with a North wind 15 to 20 and Sunday is 81 with a South wind 15 to 20.

Where we gonna find the big girls?

Catfish Tim
๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ
Romans 8:1

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13968427 04/21/21 04:27 PM
๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Thatโ€™s the million dollar question Tim! They could be anywhere Amigo. Weโ€™ll be out there Sunday. Iโ€™m gonna be looking for drift-able pattern since wife will be fishing with us later in the morning. I plan on scanning mid depth flats around the channel first. Iโ€™m going to look on flats that the north wind has been blowing into then work my way to some of the northern flats. If they arenโ€™t there I will be checking the bottoms of my rocky contours in mid depth. If they arenโ€™t there I will head to the main lake points and scan those. Iโ€™m eliminating the shallows since wife complains too much for that long haul north. Hope you hang a double toad and get it on film!

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ Home of little boys holding big catfish! โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ
Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13968696 04/21/21 07:05 PM
W
Whistlebritches Offline
Angler
Angler
W
Shallows..........6-10 foot back in the coves.Pretty much my spring game plan annually

Last edited by Whistlebritches; 04/21/21 07:05 PM.

On Time,On Target,Never Quit
Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13969185 04/22/21 12:41 AM
Z
z289sec Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Z
I'm going with scattered all over the place, at least at the lake I'll be on Saturday. Fortunately, the big wintering hole they stack up in, is right next to a cove that's between 6 and 12 foot deep.

Last edited by z289sec; 04/22/21 12:43 AM.
Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13969661 04/22/21 12:41 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
My go to shallow spring cove has not produced this year. At all. I have checked it several times and gotten nothing but a few dinks and turtle bites. Speaking of dinks, They have been menasing me the last couple weeks. Doesn't seem to matter where or how I'm fishing. As soon as I put baits down I start getting those tell tale rod vibrations and I know my baits are getting chewed up. Eventually I'll hook one and it's 10 inches long. That tells me there is a good sustainable population of blues but weeding them out is sometimes frustrating. I'll pick up and move but they don't group up by size so they are usually around with the big girls...

I have been marking a lot of fish but not a lot of catfish. I think I'm seeing sandys all over the place but the bio mass is mixed. I try and stick to the Chad Ferguson montra of "find the bait, find the fish". I do like the cerebral aspect of this. I like the satisfaction I get when I figure them out and boat some good fish. That's what makes this sport so much fun.

Catfish Tim

Re: Texas weather [Re: Whistlebritches] #13969726 04/22/21 01:13 PM
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Whistlebritches
Shallows..........6-10 foot back in the coves.Pretty much my spring game plan annually

What do you do if your pattern is blown and the fish arenโ€™t where you think they should be. I checked the backs of 3 different coves with creeks feeding them last week and didnโ€™t mark much. Wasnโ€™t until I moved way out into the mouth of the cove before I started marking good fish.

โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ Home of little boys holding big catfish! โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ
Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13969732 04/22/21 01:16 PM
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Catfish Tim
My go to shallow spring cove has not produced this year. At all. I have checked it several times and gotten nothing but a few dinks and turtle bites. Speaking of dinks, They have been menasing me the last couple weeks. Doesn't seem to matter where or how I'm fishing. As soon as I put baits down I start getting those tell tale rod vibrations and I know my baits are getting chewed up. Eventually I'll hook one and it's 10 inches long. That tells me there is a good sustainable population of blues but weeding them out is sometimes frustrating. I'll pick up and move but they don't group up by size so they are usually around with the big girls...

I have been marking a lot of fish but not a lot of catfish. I think I'm seeing sandys all over the place but the bio mass is mixed. I try and stick to the Chad Ferguson montra of "find the bait, find the fish". I do like the cerebral aspect of this. I like the satisfaction I get when I figure them out and boat some good fish. That's what makes this sport so much fun.

Fish that biomass Tim! The bait is there if the biomass is there. The big fish will be following close by eating those sandbass I guarantee it amigo.

Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13970862 04/23/21 12:46 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Careful out there today fellas. Supposed to get bad this afternoon...

Severe storms are nothing to mess with. I don't mind rain but it doesn't take very big hail to injure you. Tomorrow is looking pretty good. Wind will be up a little but we should be getting used to that by now...

Catfish Tim

Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13970997 04/23/21 02:21 PM
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
This kind of fishing weather today is exactly what I like to fish. Windy, choppy, cloudy, with storms approaching makes me want to hook up the boat. The storms donโ€™t hit until 2 so the fish should be fired up and turned on. Big fish day and even bigger box of fish. Only thing working against yโ€™all is the approaching full moon but the approaching storm should override that. I try to find the cornucopia school out in mid depth and drift through that biomass. Keep an eye on the radar as the storm approaches and get off the water if your in itโ€™s path. Sometimes it narrowly misses you and you can stay on the water. Todayโ€™s storms look to be nasty though so best get off the lake well before they hit.

Last edited by ๐ŸŒŠEl Gato Azul๐ŸŒŠ; 04/23/21 03:36 PM.

Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13971134 04/23/21 03:51 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Spot on Chris. I would like to have been on the water this morning but, I gotta pay the bills... I'll be out there tomorrow looking for the big girls who wanna play!

Catfish Tim

Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13971172 04/23/21 04:31 PM
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Weโ€™re in the office plugging away too Tim.

[Linked Image]

Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13971258 04/23/21 05:45 PM
Z
z289sec Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Z
Originally Posted by Catfish Tim
Careful out there today fellas. Supposed to get bad this afternoon...

Severe storms are nothing to mess with. I don't mind rain but it doesn't take very big hail to injure you. Tomorrow is looking pretty good. Wind will be up a little but we should be getting used to that by now...

A lot of folks love fishing the windy conditions. I seem to end up with far more fish in the boat when it's calm. NOT DEAD CALM, but 10 or so mph winds or less. Maybe I just have better control of the boat, I don't know, but at 15 and over, I'm pretty much done. I catch a few, but not many at all. Best day fishing I ever had was about 48 degrees, water temp of 52-54, light drizzle, and about a 6- 8 mph easterly wind. Caught dozens in a relatively short time span, and my PB blue cat. Couldn't reel them in, as fast as the rods were going over.

Last edited by z289sec; 04/23/21 05:49 PM.
Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13971268 04/23/21 05:53 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Nice, My office is American Airlines. It used to be more and it's getting to be that way again. Above pic is on one of my job sites with a crew flying steel cells into up onto the 5th floor of a new county jail.

Catfish Tim

Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13971270 04/23/21 05:56 PM
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
10 mph wind is a 20 fish day with a couple of slot fish for me. Fun but average. 15 mph it just starts getting good and I can put 35 fish in the boat this time of year with a handful of slot fish. Put me in that 20 mph on a cloudy rainy day and I can put up to 80 fish in the boat with 10 or 12 slot fish. Itโ€™s never a guarantee when you fish the storms but there is a reason I like to fish big wind and big water and it ainโ€™t cuz I love getting beat to hell.

Re: Texas weather [Re: Catfish Tim] #13971271 04/23/21 05:57 PM
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Work hard and fish harder Tim! cheers

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide