Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36
Re: George Floyd trial [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13968167 04/21/21 01:39 PM
T Bird Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
I sure thought the jury deliberations would be much longer.

Okie by birth, Texan by choice.
[Linked Image]
USAF "Thunderbirds" Alumni 1985-1989

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: T Bird] #13968179 04/21/21 01:46 PM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by T Bird

I sure thought Banker always Fishing... was either a banker who fished a lot or a guy who fished from the bank a lot... had no idea such an uplifting member of OT was a retired popo. cheers

If I ever change me screen name, it will be to Bankrobber, always fishing... in his honor! cheers

Last edited by lconn4; 04/21/21 01:48 PM.

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: T Bird] #13968201 04/21/21 01:58 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
My thought was that they had the evidence that the jury would find him guilty, but the length of deliberations would be only for determining which count to find him guilty of since the counts were similar with slight differences. I thought they might come back with guilty on only 1 or at most 2 of the charges. My only surprise was they came back with guilty on all 3. I only thought it would take a long time if the jury was going to be hung on all 3 charges. Hard to believe part is that it will be almost 2 months before he is sentenced.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13968236 04/21/21 02:13 PM
M
MBradford Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
M
When do the riots and looting start? I was assured by several TFFers that the city would burn regardless of the verdict.

[Linked Image]
Re: George Floyd trial [Re: lconn4] #13968243 04/21/21 02:18 PM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by lconn4

I sure thought Banker always Fishing... was either a banker who fished a lot or a guy who fished from the bank a lot... had no idea such an uplifting member of OT was a retired popo. cheers

If I ever change me screen name, it will be to Bankrobber, always fishing... in his honor! cheers

I love fishing from the bank! Enjoy the simple style. That is how I chose my handle. Banker Always Fishing! I fish in some of the most beautiful places in Texas. Some places I fish, I am the only one there with in miles. I started my police officer career when I was 20 years old. Retired at 57 years years old. Stayed with the same agency and had a great career. Started in patrol, then transferred into detectives, and then back into patrol. Spent my last 12 years as the night (Dog Watch) Lieutenant. Met and worked with God's BEST !

I truly thought this would be a hung jury. I respect 100 percent the juries decision. Our Justice System is the best in the world. We have to honor it. What bothers me the most is when a certain group of people seem to be above the law. That group of people get away with things that are destroying this country and it is plain to see that they are not being held accountable for their actions. Where is the public outcry for these law breakers. Any way we do live in a great country despite it's problems. Have faith and may God Bless America! angel2

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: George Floyd trial [Re: banker-always fishing] #13968273 04/21/21 02:38 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing

I love fishing from the bank! Enjoy the simple style. That is how I chose by handle. Banker Always Fishing! I fish in some of the most beautiful places in Texas. Some places I fish, I am the only one there with in miles. I started my police officer career when I was 20 years old. Retired at 57 years years old. Stayed with the same agency and had a great career. Started in patrol, then transferred into detectives, and then back into patrol. Spent my last 12 years as the night (Dog Watch) Lieutenant. Met and worked with God's BEST !

I truly thought this would be a hung jury. I respect 100 percent the juries decision. Our Justice System is the best in the world. We have to honor it. What bothers me the most is when a certain group of people seem to be above the law. That group of people get away with things that are destroying this country and it is plain to see that they are not being held accountable for their actions. Where is the public outcry for these law breakers. Any way we do live in a great country despite it's problems. Have faith and may God Bless America! angel2

Thanks You for your service,

I just got out of a ten year court battle over some patents of mine. I got em back, but I got to see the worst of our so called justice system. The lawyers can manipulate the information the jury gets to see by the judge himself. I do not respect the juries verdicts, not so much because of the jury but the judge himself can chance the course of the entire trial by a very few decisions. The jury doesn't always get to see the information that may cause them to find a person guilty or innocent. Floyd had 98% oxygen saturation levels no way he was killed by the cop. They are trained to put people down that are resisting arrest. You want to change the laws fine but he in no way should have been found guilty of murder. I do not even see manslaughter but if he was going to be guilty of anything it would only be manslaughter. judges are pompous arrogant but holes that make bad decisions based off of political views.
just one bad decision he made the jury should have never been allowed to see anything outside of the trial. The trial should have been moved for fairness, lots of bad decisions by the judge to get a certain outcome the left wanted. This was never about justice.

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: donothin] #13968274 04/21/21 02:38 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Originally Posted by donothin
... Most policemen are not comfortable with the bad actors in their group who are never held accountable and they are all included as a group for the actions. Hopefully this is the start of eliminating those policemen who can't play by the rules....

So if I am not mistaken, your opinion here is that "bad people" in the police force should be held accountable for their actions as individuals, and they should be removed from that profession.

Can't say I disagree with that.

I do have a question though - why wouldn't that same principal apply to every group of people? Why can't we look at the black community and realize that a small slice of the demographic pie in America (13%) makes up the largest slice of pie in the prison system (40%).

If you truly believe that Black Lives Matter, you'll stop pointing at the "system" and start looking at the fundamentals within the community.

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: COFF] #13968276 04/21/21 02:39 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by COFF
... Most policemen are not comfortable with the bad actors in their group who are never held accountable and they are all included as a group for the actions. Hopefully this is the start of eliminating those policemen who can't play by the rules....

So if I am not mistaken, your opinion here is that "bad people" in the police force should be held accountable for their actions as individuals, and they should be removed from that profession.

I do have a question though - why wouldn't that same principal apply to every group of people? Why can't we look at the black community and realize that a small slice of the demographic pie in America (13%) makes up the largest slice of pie in the prison system (40%).

If you truly believe that Black Lives Matter, you'll stop pointing at the "system" and start looking at the fundamentals within the community.

well well said

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13968303 04/21/21 02:55 PM
Jons3825 Offline
" Mod Alert"
" Mod Alert"
lets explore something the jury did not hear completely.... Causation

They only explored the causation in regards to the officer. But completely ignored, omitted, or objected to all the other causation.

1.If Floyd had not passed a fake bill. By causation this is what started the events.

2. If Floyd had not resisted lawful commands.

3. If Floyd had not ingested lethal levels of a controlled substance.

4. If Floyd had not resisted lawful commands again.

5. If Floyd had not resisted getting in the car ( with window open and ac on)

But yes... it was 100% the officers fault that Floyd made decisions and took actions of his own accord that dictated the path of the MPD's responding force with force. How can anyone disregard and ignore personal accountability. Wait... Nevermind, I see all the stuff that is said and posted and the lack of personal accountability on a fishing forum, much less in real life.

[Linked Image]
PM me for diving info or for recovery quote's.
LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum
Originally Posted by Brad
I will be back. I'm never truly gone
Re: George Floyd trial [Re: COFF] #13968337 04/21/21 03:07 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by COFF

Because to lump everyone together without treating them individually is racist. The system is what has condoned many unwarranted shootings by cops. Some of it is understandable given the times. Someone who is being arrested is still entitled to his fundamental rights. The lady cop, who was experienced but who shot the guy who was being arrested and later claimed she thought she had her taser. She killed the guy and claimed it was a mistake. Way too many incidents to be justified.

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13968356 04/21/21 03:25 PM
R
Ranger1 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
R
The Officer never stood a chance to have a fair trial. It ALL started even before the Juror selection process began.
The moment a Elected official hit the street spewing her BS and POTUS commented on a case that have not been decided the Judge should have done the right thing and called a mistrial. There can not be a justice system when the mob rules plain and simple.

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13968364 04/21/21 03:32 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Actually, he never stood a chance when the young lady videoed him with his knee on the neck after he was not resisting. That piece of evidence alone probably did it but it was reinforced by the several colleagues who testified against him. Not sure if even one testified for him or his character.

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: donothin] #13968372 04/21/21 03:43 PM
L
lconn4 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Way too many incidents to be justified.

How many incidents have there been this year? What is that number? Out of how many stops? Do the math and report back.. professor.

A good rule of angling philosophy is not to interfere with another fisherman's ways of being happy, unless you want to be hated.
Zane Grey, Tales of Fishes, 1919

https://vimeo.com/73372194
https://vimeo.com/72859045

Re: George Floyd trial [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13968376 04/21/21 03:46 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
I'm done with all of it....not going to try to educate anyone anymore.... [censored] it, believe the fairytale of police hunting black people..... LE kills around 1000 people of all colors each year....50 or so are questionable....millions of contacts.....350 million people in America..... you do the math.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: George Floyd trial [Re: lconn4] #13968377 04/21/21 03:47 PM
G
Gitter Done Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Way too many incidents to be justified.

How many incidents have there been this year? What is that number? Out of how many stops? Do the math and report back.. professor.

I believe it's less than one percent out of all police incidents that occur. Saw this on one of the news channels the other day.

Page 29 of 36 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 35 36
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide