Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13962007 04/16/21 01:21 AM
chickenman Offline
1:28
I've used Texas Law Shield twice already eeks They've been great.

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13962010 04/16/21 01:24 AM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
The real question is, whatcha going to with these guns you're wanting to tote around? Maybe it's just my way of thinking but if I'm LTC and have my weapon, the fewer other people around me that has a weapon the happier I am.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bassnhog] #13962013 04/16/21 01:26 AM
D
Droyhef Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Bassnhog
Originally Posted by Droyhef
Originally Posted by elcoyote, esq.
Originally Posted by Indianation65
After much thought and contemplation, and as much as I believe in our freedoms to do as we please, I think paying a fee, taking a handgun class and obtaining a license is a good idea.

I believe thoughtful gun owners who truly want to carry will be okay with the idea of "giving something/effort" to carry might discourage the yahoos who want to live in the "open Wild West."

The only reason I'd be okay with free Constitutional Carry would be the fact that I wouldn't have to pay anything, but in the big scheme, I don't mind paying a little, and showing that I know what I'm doing.

...------

Can you (or any of the others against constitutional carry) please tell me which of our other inalienable rights require a permission slip from the gubmint?

This. Rights come with responsibility. Punish the wrong doer. Someone committed a violent crime, want to take their gun rights? Ok, but enforce that law and dont expect me to jump through hoops to have my rights.

There is no jumping through hoops to have your rights in this case. You simply apply for a CHL, get a background check, take a class, learn the ROE (Rules of Engagement) to keep you out of hot water, learn basic gun safety, and qualify with your piece to ensure you don't just "spray and pray". I'm quite skeptical of Constitutional Carry. People who choose to carry in public - whether short-man/woman syndrome suffering open carriers or much wiser concealed carriers like myself, need to know the Rules of Engagement and be relatively proficient in their firearms of choice.

My point exactly. Someone is telling you that you have to do stuff in order to qualify to have what is supposed to be an inalienable right. (Jump through hoops) I think training is great. I think people should do it. I think practice is great, and a good idea. I agree, open carry probably not the best idea for many reasons. I still dont think you should have to have a license to carry a pistol openly or concealed. Background checks for the ltc are a joke, you already have to have one to buy the gun unless you obtain it private party...and if it was obtained private party to circumvent the background check I wonder if said person will be worried about getting a license.
If an individual may not legally carry a firearm do to a demonstrated lack of personal responsibility(criminal activity) then I favor that person not being permitted to cary. However, we already have laws to facilitate that both with purchase, and known restrictions for said people. Food for thought: there are no such restrictions for long guns, so who exactly is the permit system really working for? The qualification test is 50 rounds, 20 at 3 yards, 20 at 7, and 10 at 15 yards. When i had mine there were people there who had never fired a handgun and they passed. The test imo, is a formality. As one describes it, you can get 0 points on the 15 yard round and still pass. There are also no follow up tests.

Last edited by Droyhef; 04/16/21 01:32 AM.

http://www.texasmegafishadventures.com
Guided rod and reel fishing trips for Alligator gar on the Trinity River as well as some other places
903-721-4296
dawson@texasmegafishadventures.com
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13962025 04/16/21 01:35 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Mentally and financially you best be ready because there will be consequences one way or another even if you were completely perfect in your application of chapter 9 of the TXPC

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: txmasterpo] #13962033 04/16/21 01:47 AM
T
The Searchers Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Mentally and financially you best be ready because there will be consequences one way or another even if you were completely perfect in your application of chapter 9 of the TXPC

Yeah well you sure killed the he11 outta that SOB today

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: txmasterpo] #13962034 04/16/21 01:48 AM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

You come across as seeming to think that everyone who is pro-constitutional carry wants to go out spinning 6 shooters on their fingers and call people out in the streets at high noon, consequences be damned. That is not the case in the slightest. Please stop that. Go back to berating cowboy fans for not being as much of a cowboy fan as you are, or whatever the hell you do in those threads.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Tsunami_1] #13962036 04/16/21 01:49 AM
chickenman Offline
Originally Posted by Tsunami_1
The real question is, whatcha going to with these guns you're wanting to tote around?

Holster them.

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13962045 04/16/21 01:55 AM
chickenman Offline
HB 1927 passed on a vote of 84 to 56. Eight Democrats voted in favor of the bill.

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13962083 04/16/21 02:24 AM
CaptainCrunch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Assuming this gets voted into law, which looks likely, what changes for those that have an LTC today?

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13962085 04/16/21 02:25 AM
D
Droyhef Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
I dunno. I dont have to renew?

http://www.texasmegafishadventures.com
Guided rod and reel fishing trips for Alligator gar on the Trinity River as well as some other places
903-721-4296
dawson@texasmegafishadventures.com
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: CaptainCrunch] #13962089 04/16/21 02:28 AM
rj74955 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
Assuming this gets voted into law, which looks likely, what changes for those that have an LTC today?

You would still want to keep your LTC up to date if you travel to other states that don't already have constitutional carry but do honor a Texas LTC.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: elcoyote, esq.] #13962099 04/16/21 02:37 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T

You come across as seeming to think that everyone who is pro-constitutional carry wants to go out spinning 6 shooters on their fingers and call people out in the streets at high noon, consequences be damned. That is not the case in the slightest. Please stop that. Go back to berating cowboy fans for not being as much of a cowboy fan as you are, or whatever the hell you do in those threads.

That's not remotely what I think....I'm not smart about a lot of things....use of force under chapter 9, firearms, human behavior, and legal consequences of taking a life or using deadly force are not among those things.....a few controls are not burdensome and if $40 for a 6 year license and taking a 1 day class is too difficult for you, you're probably too irresponsible to carry a gun around my family....just my opinion counselor, you're free to have your own...

And I never berate people for not being super fans of the Cowboys....I generally just blast people for being stupid, like now.

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: txmasterpo] #13962196 04/16/21 08:19 AM
elcoyote, esq. Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

That's not remotely what I think....I'm not smart about a lot of things....use of force under chapter 9, firearms, human behavior, and legal consequences of taking a life or using deadly force are not among those things.....a few controls are not burdensome and if $40 for a 6 year license and taking a 1 day class is too difficult for you, you're probably too irresponsible to carry a gun around my family....just my opinion counselor, you're free to have your own...

And I never berate people for not being super fans of the Cowboys....I generally just blast people for being stupid, like now.

I’m typing slowly in the hopes that you follow along... it has nothing to do with $40. It has everything to do with the fact that we have to ask our government overlords for a permission slip, and do some tricks to prove that I’m a good boy and should be allowed to exercise an inalienable right.

Team wolfs

Originally Posted by Allison1
I had to perform. It took a minute to get it all in my mouth and another five to swallow it all.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: elcoyote, esq.] #13962222 04/16/21 10:24 AM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

I’m typing slowly in the hopes that you follow along... it has nothing to do with $40. It has everything to do with the fact that we have to ask our government overlords for a permission slip, and do some tricks to prove that I’m a good boy and should be allowed to exercise an inalienable right.

Amen!

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: elcoyote, esq.] #13962241 04/16/21 11:06 AM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

While I agree with you about having to ask permission. I am ok with it in this instant for this reason. I don't want just anyone being able to carry, Hitler and Charles Manson come to mind. I want to be able to protect myself and family from our government and others. I do not want to have to kill anyone if I don't have to, so having background checks and CHL to make sure who is carrying is not a big deal to me. This is a double edge sword to me. I do understand your position and I fully understand your views, I just don't know how to get both views taken care, of so we can keep our guns.

Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide