Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: MBradford] #13960642 04/15/21 01:42 AM
chickenman Offline
1:28
1:28
Originally Posted by MBradford
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by chickenman
I remember when the open carry law was up for debate. I heard a lot of BS in person and on here about gun fights in the street and how Texas will be the Wild Wild West. Neither happened.

I was on your side for that one, had to prove you knew how to handle a pistol, to a certain extent.

my concern is legal carrying people doing something that makes another legal carrying person turn one of them into a felon due to one or both just being ignorant of what they are doing.
anti gunners are frothing at the mouth right now with the pedo taking orders like a sonic car hop.

"Shall not be infringed".

Why do people cherry-pick the wording of the 2nd Amendment?

I'm pretty sure "well regulated" is in there as well.

Well regulated means the militia was in an effective shape to fight." In other words, it didn't mean the state was controlling the militia in a certain way, but that the militia was prepared to do its duty.

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: tmd11111] #13960647 04/15/21 01:45 AM
L
leethefishking Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Originally Posted by RayBob
Someone mentioned that all the major city police chiefs were in Austin to protest this CC issue. There is a very simple explanation to this . . . all the major cities (except maybe FW) are Dem strongholds with Dem mayors who appoint a PC that carries out the mayors policies.
Ray Bob, this is one of the dumbest generalizations I have ever seen on here. These chiefs, mine included have had to bury a lot of young men due to gun violence. Just because they come to the issue with a different perspective and different experiences doesn’t mean they are liberal. Not every issue fits into a neat little liberal or conservative package.

Then name a Sheriff of Chief of Police from a conservative county or city that opposes it.
I would have no way of knowing that. All that I’m trying to point out is that chiefs, and many that I know personally are opposing this for the danger they perceive that this will bring to their officers, not their politics. Constantly using politics to shame every opinion that’s different than yours is no different to me than people constantly calling anyone with a view different than their own a racist.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960652 04/15/21 01:47 AM
T
TCM3 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
There is an expletive at the end. ( F )

TRUMP 2024
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960689 04/15/21 02:16 AM
G
Gusick Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
I say it doesn't pass.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: leethefishking] #13960690 04/15/21 02:18 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Someone mentioned that all the major city police chiefs were in Austin to protest this CC issue. There is a very simple explanation to this . . . all the major cities (except maybe FW) are Dem strongholds with Dem mayors who appoint a PC that carries out the mayors policies.
Ray Bob, this is one of the dumbest generalizations I have ever seen on here. These chiefs, mine included have had to bury a lot of young men due to gun violence. Just because they come to the issue with a different perspective and different experiences doesn’t mean they are liberal. Not every issue fits into a neat little liberal or conservative package.

Then name a Sheriff of Chief of Police from a conservative county or city that opposes it.
I would have no way of knowing that. All that I’m trying to point out is that chiefs, and many that I know personally are opposing this for the danger they perceive that this will bring to their officers, not their politics. Constantly using politics to shame every opinion that’s different than yours is no different to me than people constantly calling anyone with a view different than their own a racist.

Funny how in 18 other states it isn't a problem.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: hopalong] #13960698 04/15/21 02:22 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by chickenman
I remember when the open carry law was up for debate. I heard a lot of BS in person and on here about gun fights in the street and how Texas will be the Wild Wild West. Neither happened.

I was on your side for that one, had to prove you knew how to handle a pistol, to a certain extent.

my concern is legal carrying people doing something that makes another legal carrying person turn one of them into a felon due to one or both just being ignorant of what they are doing.
anti gunners are frothing at the mouth right now with the pedo taking orders like a sonic car hop.

Where is the evidence? There are 20 states with some form of constitutional carry. Are there gun fights in the streets in Arizona? Seems the gun fights are in places with more gun restrictions, not less.

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: CaptainCrunch] #13960700 04/15/21 02:24 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch
I'm with you Hop. There are too many accidental shootings with children killed. Had one in Dallas this week where a 9 year old found a gun in a glove compartment and accidentally shot an 11 year old. Not saying a brief class on gun safety would have completely prevented this, but we owe to our kids to do our best to protect them. If you call a one-time short class on gun safety an infringement on your rights, I guess that's your choice.

It’s already legal to have a gun in your car, thanks to the castle doctrine. How would your example have been impacted by constitutional carry?

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: hopalong] #13960709 04/15/21 02:28 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Flyfisherman
It’s sad how many so called conservatives on this board think that constitutional carry is a bad idea.

Most aren't libertarians.

Half the folks on this board are center right and call themselves Republicans. These folks are fine with some Leftist ideas/policies.

Then there are hard core Righties. (me)

So how many of the Libertarians are OK with some Liberal stances? A true Libertarian is fine with heroine use and think all drugs should be legalized. They also think that prostitution should be legal. I'm not a Libertarian although I have some leanings that way. My dad was a card carrying Libertarian and I had some good discussions with him.

I believe in personal responsibility for one thing, small govt. for another. my comments on carry are simply my view of what I see going on nationwide, right now I don't trust about 75% of our population.

something else for y'all that are hollerin infringement, you do realize that with that stance any illegal allowed to enter the country is also guaranteed protection under our constitution, should they also be allowed to carry?

So because it would allow an ILLEGAL person to carry, legal people shouldn’t be allowed to? Makes perfect sense. Felons already are law breakers. Illegal immigrants are already law breakers. Otherwise law abiding citizens can’t carry unless going through a process and paying a fee. Circumstances change a lot quicker than the process of going through getting a LTC allows. When seconds count,the police are minutes away. Extrapolate that out to carrying. Now what?

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: fishslime] #13960713 04/15/21 02:30 AM
9094 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by fishslime
This should go to a vote by the people.

If it was put to a popular vote it would win overwhelmingly in Texasj

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: rj74955] #13960717 04/15/21 02:33 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by silvers
Not real worried about the concealed carry folks, more worries about the people that open carry, no offense to anyone but ego does play a part in this, look at me I have a gun

What difference does it make? Do you think felons commit crimes with a gun on their hip? Or do they conceal it before they car jack, rob a store, do a drive by, etc? All of the sudden we’re worried about people who would advertise they’re carrying a gun by openly carrying it? Open carry with a LTC has been allowed for a couple years now. How many people have you even seen openly carry?

[Linked Image]
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: RayBob] #13960784 04/15/21 03:29 AM
Dan90210 ☮ Offline
Jr Deputy Dan
Jr Deputy Dan
A true Libertarian is fine with heroine use and think all drugs should be legalized. They also think that prostitution should be legal.

Yes and Yes.

Both issues are a pretty easy yes if you think about the reality of it. These things have been going on since the beginning of time despite people trying to stop them based on their own personal, cultural or societal moralities.

Making them illegal actually makes them more dangerous for those engaged in these behaviors and society and communities at large.

I could expand upon just those two ideas at nauseam... I'll digress other than to say yeah I do think I'm probably a true Libertarian.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960807 04/15/21 04:10 AM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R

Lee, I wasn't calling names (no one specific was impugned in an effort to "shame" anyone in the making of my comment) and politics are huge in this country or have you not noticed that politics affects practically every facet of society. Also I am not saying it's the police chiefs' political leanings but rather the mayors'. I never once used the word "Liberal" to describe the police chiefs nor mayors. I said "Democrat" to which you may infer whatever you want from that.

Can you argue that police chiefs do not serve at the pleasure of the mayors? Can you argue that these mayors are not political? (we're talking big city here because the original comment I responded too said "every major police chief in the state" so let's rule out small town chiefs.) Can you logically refute that the Democrat Party is hard core anti firearm at this point in our country's history. This was the basis for my "dumbest generalization" you have ever seen. I think it's a pretty strong basis for my statement and I'll stand by the logical course I followed in making it. But we all have opinions.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Dan90210 ☮] #13960808 04/15/21 04:14 AM
R
RayBob Online Content
Super Freak
Online Content
Super Freak
R
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮
A true Libertarian is fine with heroine use and think all drugs should be legalized. They also think that prostitution should be legal.

Yes and Yes.

Both issues are a pretty easy yes if you think about the reality of it. These things have been going on since the beginning of time despite people trying to stop them based on their own personal, cultural or societal moralities.

Making them illegal actually makes them more dangerous for those engaged in these behaviors and society and communities at large.

I could expand upon just those two ideas at nauseam... I'll digress other than to say yeah I do think I'm probably a true Libertarian.

I've had this argument a dozen times with my dad. I'm having flashbacks now.

Advice? Wise men don't need it. Fools won't heed it.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: RayBob] #13960810 04/15/21 04:21 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Dan90210 ☮

Yes and Yes.

I've had this argument a dozen times with my dad. I'm having flashbacks now.

What’s your response?

[Linked Image]
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide