Print Thread
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Droyhef] #13960485 04/14/21 11:32 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Originally Posted by Droyhef
We already discussed this in the other board.

The bill of rights isnt predicated on qualifiers like training, race etc.

If there is a test for who may defend themselves, who designs and controls the test? How is testing funded, tracked, and designed. Whomever is in charge of that has become the arbiter of your inalienable right to defend yourself. There is risk involved in allowing people to own firearms. There is risk in most things. Ex someone may say something untrue (1st), someone may hide something dangerous (4th). Rather than attempt to prevent abuse we have typically punished abuse. Freedom is inherently risky, but I would rather take my chances being free.

For those in favor of restrictions, who should lose their inalienable rights and by what qualifications. Should this be put to a vote? What if you find yourself in the minority and there is a vote to take yours, for common sense reasons of course?

how bout when you buy the gun you have an hr. of instruction in how to load/fire and proper carry methods?

I by no means think there should be any qualification or license or any other bs to be able to buy a weapon, like a car you have to learn how to operate it to do it safely for yourself as well as others.

I will pose this question to you directly, since anyone crossing our border into the country is hence covered by our constitution and in light of our current pedophile inviting most of central america to "C'MON IN!" should they also be allowed to buy/carry?

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: rj74955] #13960491 04/14/21 11:36 PM
S
Siberman Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by rj74955
Originally Posted by silvers
Not real worried about the concealed carry folks, more worries about the people that open carry, no offense to anyone but ego does play a part in this, look at me I have a gun

I can't remember ever seeing a single person open carrying, do you see this often?

Y'all don't have a Walmart ?

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: MBradford] #13960495 04/14/21 11:38 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by MBradford
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by hopalong
Originally Posted by chickenman
I remember when the open carry law was up for debate. I heard a lot of BS in person and on here about gun fights in the street and how Texas will be the Wild Wild West. Neither happened.

I was on your side for that one, had to prove you knew how to handle a pistol, to a certain extent.

my concern is legal carrying people doing something that makes another legal carrying person turn one of them into a felon due to one or both just being ignorant of what they are doing.
anti gunners are frothing at the mouth right now with the pedo taking orders like a sonic car hop.

"Shall not be infringed".

Why do people cherry-pick the wording of the 2nd Amendment?

I'm pretty sure "well regulated" is in there as well.

Its not difficult.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Siberman] #13960508 04/14/21 11:46 PM
rj74955 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Siberman
Not real worried about the concealed carry folks, more worries about the people that open carry, no offense to anyone but ego does play a part in this, look at me I have a gun

I can't remember ever seeing a single person open carrying, do you see this often?

Maybe my concentration is on all the other wonders of Walmart lol. We've had constitutional carry here for some time now. I asked my wife, neither one of us have ever seen anyone open carry.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: rj74955] #13960511 04/14/21 11:50 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Siberman

Maybe my concentration is on all the other wonders of Walmart lol. We've had constitutional carry here for some time now. I asked my wife, neither one of us have ever seen anyone open carry.

I have, but very rarely. Doesn't phase me.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960514 04/14/21 11:53 PM
hopalong Online Confused
Pescador Loco
Online Confused
Pescador Loco
same, see people from time to time open carry, so far only 2 carrying double (them I kept an eye on).

both were in atwoods in the gun section.

" Hop, set the hook"!
hopalong 99,999
TexDawg 99,999
FJB! not my president by a long shot!

lake fork FISHERMANS COVE MARINA/reservations - 903 474 7479
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: hopalong] #13960520 04/14/21 11:57 PM
Bigbob_FTW Offline OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
same, see people from time to time open carry, so far only 2 carrying double (them I kept an eye on).

both were in atwoods in the gun section.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960537 04/15/21 12:04 AM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I kinda like open carry. It tells me who in my midst is a little off center and to be wary of them.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960579 04/15/21 12:38 AM
T
Tsunami_1 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Can I pick who gets to carry? If so then I'm all for it but if you get to decide, I don't trust you so I vote against it. It's pretty simple.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: donothin] #13960584 04/15/21 12:41 AM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F
Originally Posted by donothin
I kinda like open carry. It tells me who in my midst is a little off center and to be wary of them.

Exactly. I avoid them in the rare instance of an encounter. Thankfully, most sane individuals don't see the need.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: RayBob] #13960604 04/15/21 01:03 AM
L
leethefishking Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
L
Originally Posted by RayBob
Someone mentioned that all the major city police chiefs were in Austin to protest this CC issue. There is a very simple explanation to this . . . all the major cities (except maybe FW) are Dem strongholds with Dem mayors who appoint a PC that carries out the mayors policies.
Ray Bob, this is one of the dumbest generalizations I have ever seen on here. These chiefs, mine included have had to bury a lot of young men due to gun violence. Just because they come to the issue with a different perspective and different experiences doesn’t mean they are liberal. Not every issue fits into a neat little liberal or conservative package.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13960605 04/15/21 01:04 AM
D
Droyhef Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
D
Originally Posted by Droyhef
We already discussed this in the other board.

The bill of rights isnt predicated on qualifiers like training, race etc.

If there is a test for who may defend themselves, who designs and controls the test? How is testing funded, tracked, and designed. Whomever is in charge of that has become the arbiter of your inalienable right to defend yourself. There is risk involved in allowing people to own firearms. There is risk in most things. Ex someone may say something untrue (1st), someone may hide something dangerous (4th). Rather than attempt to prevent abuse we have typically punished abuse. Freedom is inherently risky, but I would rather take my chances being free.

For those in favor of restrictions, who should lose their inalienable rights and by what qualifications. Should this be put to a vote? What if you find yourself in the minority and there is a vote to take yours, for common sense reasons of course?

how bout when you buy the gun you have an hr. of instruction in how to load/fire and proper carry methods?

I by no means think there should be any qualification or license or any other bs to be able to buy a weapon, like a car you have to learn how to operate it to do it safely for yourself as well as others.

I will pose this question to you directly, since anyone crossing our border into the country is hence covered by our constitution and in light of our current pedophile inviting most of central america to "C'MON IN!" should they also be allowed to buy/carry?

The idea is that those rights are granted by our creator, not the government. At the time the constitution was written government(king of england) was denying people basic human rights across the board. I see it as listing which rights government should stay out of. Illegals by definition are law breakers and should be deported, however our current commander in thief is not enforcing the law. I think there is a two part answer. #1 fraud in chief should be removed for direlection of duty among other things and our borders should be enforced, those here illegally should have to leave. 2. Basic human rights are assumed to be given by God, and therefore I dont like it, but I would find it difficult to justify denying them the right to firearms if our government wont enforce immigration law. Also, illegal or not do you think denying those people the right to protect themselves and their families is going to keep them from doing it?

One hour training is a wise idea, and offering it is fine. Should it be mandated? I don't think so. Again, it falls on personal responsibility and it is not possible to force people to be responsible. What people should do, and whay they actually do are two different things. I suppose you may insert a training requirement based on " a well regulated militia" and that is worth considering. English law in centeries past said a man was obligated to own arms and proficiently operate them.

http://www.texasmegafishadventures.com
Guided rod and reel fishing trips for Alligator gar on the Trinity River as well as some other places
903-721-4296
dawson@texasmegafishadventures.com
Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: fishslime] #13960619 04/15/21 01:18 AM
Bigbob_FTW Offline OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by fishslime
Originally Posted by donothin

Exactly. I avoid them in the rare instance of an encounter. Thankfully, most sane individuals don't see the need.

Why? The ones I've seen posed zero risk to me. I don't personally open Cary, but there is nothing to fear from it.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: leethefishking] #13960620 04/15/21 01:21 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by leethefishking
Someone mentioned that all the major city police chiefs were in Austin to protest this CC issue. There is a very simple explanation to this . . . all the major cities (except maybe FW) are Dem strongholds with Dem mayors who appoint a PC that carries out the mayors policies.
Ray Bob, this is one of the dumbest generalizations I have ever seen on here. These chiefs, mine included have had to bury a lot of young men due to gun violence. Just because they come to the issue with a different perspective and different experiences doesn’t mean they are liberal. Not every issue fits into a neat little liberal or conservative package.

Then name a Sheriff of Chief of Police from a conservative county or city that opposes it.

Re: Texas constitutional carry [Re: tmd11111] #13960621 04/15/21 01:23 AM
Bigbob_FTW Offline OP
Big Sprocket Bob
OP Offline
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by tmd11111
Originally Posted by leethefishking

Then name a Sheriff of Chief of Police from a conservative county or city that opposes it.

Yep. Rayrob was spot on.

Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide