Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Lavon April 11th #13956684 04/12/21 11:31 AM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
After we ate crawfish until we were stuffed like a Thanksgiving Turkey Wyatt and I couldn't just sit around the house on a nice day like that so we loaded up and headed to the lake about 3:30. Caught bait shallow in a secret little place I have been having really good luck in threw the net 3 of 4 times and we were good to go. Only had time for a short pull and we snagged a couple times and got dinked a bunch. Just before Brockdale ramp I was about to pull up and my starboard side rod almost got ripped out of the boat. The rod was straight out to the side and the fish pulled the rod holder over. I guess the bolts weren't tight enough. I grabbed the rod thinking this was an 80 pound lake record. he pulled drag and I pulled back. The fight was on. He got wrapped in my other long line and he stopped fighting. He was just dead weight at that point. Long story short, we landed him and he was only about 25 pounds. Only... Great fish. Great time.

[Linked Image]

Catfish Tim
๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ"If it doesn't have whiskers, it's just bait"๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ
Romans 8:1

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: Lavon April 11th [Re: Catfish Tim] #13956903 04/12/21 02:22 PM
๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
You know your a dang good catfish angler when the word โ€œonlyโ€ comes before 25 lbs. cheers There are 4 things about you Tim that really impress me Amigo. Your love for catfish, your respect for big fish, your desire to pass that on to the younger generation, and your consistency at catching them. Iโ€™ve met some great guys on this forum that I now consider to be lifelong friends. Sadly most of my experienced buddies have quit TFF because of the yahoos but we still talk via Txt message and phone. I know Iโ€™ve only known you a few months but I consider you a friend Tim. Keep up the fine work!

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ Home of little boys holding big catfish! โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ
Re: Lavon April 11th [Re: Catfish Tim] #13956974 04/12/21 02:51 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
That is high praise coming from you Chris. I appreciate the kind words and let me say I have nothing but the highest respect for you. I try and pay attention to guys that obviously know what they're talking about. In the short time I've been on the forum, I've learned a lot, almost all of it from you. I am happy to call you a friend as well. One of these days, I'd like to fish with you. You and Jaxon and Wyatt and I would be a hoot. I think Jax and Wyatt would be fast friends...

Catfish Tim

Re: Lavon April 11th [Re: Catfish Tim] #13957149 04/12/21 04:37 PM
๐Ÿ€El Gato Azul๐Ÿ€ Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I call it like I see it Tim and Iโ€™m glad to have helped you out. I will count that as a feather in my hat. We will definitely come fish with you and Wyatt real soon. Iโ€™ve been apprehensive about fishing with others while trying to get Jax trained up the last 2 yrs because he can be a real wild ace at times. Heโ€™s finally getting over that so weโ€™ll be fishing with friends a lot more now. Weโ€™re going to travel fish 2 times in May so might be able to drag my rig to Lavon one of those weekends and try our luck. Your welcome on my boat anytime Amigo! If yโ€™all ever want to come fish my lake just hollar and yโ€™all can jump on with me and Jax.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ Home of little boys holding big catfish! โš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธโš“๏ธ
Re: Lavon April 11th [Re: Catfish Tim] #13957325 04/12/21 06:35 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
I will be looking forward to that! Love to get out on Lewisville with you and we'd love to host you on Lavon anytime too!

Catfish Tim

Re: Lavon April 11th [Re: Catfish Tim] #13957709 04/12/21 10:52 PM
I
iFloat Offline
Angler
Angler
I
We struggled to find bait Sunday. Finally netted 2 shad. We cut them up small, caught 8 blues and 1 gar... Nothing that big though, that's awesome.

I had a good spot all winter for them gizzards but now I can't find em in big enough schools. More time on the water I guess.

Re: Lavon April 11th [Re: iFloat] #13958781 04/13/21 06:46 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by iFloat
We struggled to find bait Sunday. Finally netted 2 shad. We cut them up small, caught 8 blues and 1 gar... Nothing that big though, that's awesome.

I had a good spot all winter for them gizzards but now I can't find em in big enough schools. More time on the water I guess.

I would look shallow, in the coves up against the brush. Whey I say shallow I mean less that 10'. Sweet spot seems to be 5 or 6 feet. Don't throw your good net, or it won't be your good net very long. I've been finding them in the marina in the early morning too.

Catfish Tim

Re: Lavon April 11th [Re: Catfish Tim] #13959288 04/14/21 01:39 AM
I
iFloat Offline
Angler
Angler
I
Are you finding them on the sonar first, or blind throwing into good looking shallow spots?

I bought a cheaper net for this purpose, not my nice taped deep net I got for deep holes.

I'll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks.

Re: Lavon April 11th [Re: iFloat] #13959598 04/14/21 12:50 PM
Catfish Tim Offline OP
Extreme Angler
OP Offline
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by iFloat
Are you finding them on the sonar first, or blind throwing into good looking shallow spots?

I bought a cheaper net for this purpose, not my nice taped deep net I got for deep holes.

I'll give it a shot this weekend. Thanks.

If it's not too windy I look for them flipping on the surface. But I do concentrate on the shallow shore line without paying attention to sonar. I don't have side imaging so in shallow water the sonar isn't much good. Good luck!

Catfish Tim

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide