Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13957392 04/12/21 07:24 PM
L
Lazy Ike Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by bdotson
Originally Posted by leanin post
you acknowledge u are blessed immensely, yet you provide a gesture of good will, WITH CONDITIONS. This is not the best way you could have done it. you are responsible for the outcome because you created the situation. Had you just given the kid the rod and reel, you would have a full heart , with no regrets. you felt good abt it for a short time, and now its eating at you. Look at the other effects of the situation, the kid will be leary to go fish that lake again, worrying u will show up, demanding your rod back.needed..

I did not think it was possible to turn this story around and make me the bad guy.. But I guess I was wrong about that too, I stand corrected. And by the way its not eating at me. I simply wanted to show what todays generation is capable of. Also I don't need your money Just a side note here mr lean tree your wrong on this one
I agree with you think leanin post may have over thought the situation. Anyhow lets Al go fishn & be safe. BUT MOST of all try not to judge everyone from one incident. you did good.

Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13957394 04/12/21 07:28 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
Hey fellas, y’all can argue all you want. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to be listing a really sweet rod and spinning reel in the classifieds later today. I’m the second owner. Works well. Check it out if you’re interested.

Y’all have a great day.

Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13957420 04/12/21 07:44 PM
Drycreek3189 Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
you acknowledge u are blessed immensely, yet you provide a gesture of good will, WITH CONDITIONS. This is not the best way you could have done it. you are responsible for the outcome because you created the situation. Had you just given the kid the rod and reel, you would have a full heart , with no regrets. you felt good abt it for a short time, and now its eating at you. Look at the other effects of the situation, the kid will be leary to go fish that lake again, worrying u will show up, demanding your rod back.needed..

I did not think it was possible to turn this story around and make me the bad guy.. But I guess I was wrong about that too, I stand corrected. And by the way its not eating at me. I simply wanted to show what todays generation is capable of. Also I don't need your money.

Just a side note here mr lean tree your wrong on this one

Anything is possible on the internet Sir, and these wrongheaded guys are usually the most prolific posters. You did something out of the goodness of your heart and it turned out badly. That’s not on you !

Re: todays generation [Re: Davedave] #13957550 04/12/21 08:51 PM
U
UGLYSHCTICK Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
U
Originally Posted by Davedave
Hey fellas, y’all can argue all you want. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am going to be listing a really sweet rod and spinning reel in the classifieds later today. I’m the second owner. Works well. Check it out if you’re interested.

Y’all have a great day.

is it registered in your name?

Just want to make folks smile, and spit coffee on their keyboard.

If you put beans in your chili, you don't know beans about chili.

God doesn't create temporary people, you will spend eternity somewhere. Choose wisely.
Re: todays generation [Re: UGLYSHCTICK] #13957662 04/12/21 10:20 PM
O
outfishdya Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
O
Originally Posted by UGLYSHCTICK
Originally Posted by Davedave

Y’all have a great day.

is it registered in your name?

Probably a ghost rod

Woke up this morning
Got yourself a gun....
Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13957720 04/12/21 10:59 PM
H
HOGON Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
H
Bdotson,

I think you did an admirable gesture of goodwill.

I believe everyone on this thread would agree you had good intentions for this young angler.
Probably a good many of us that might have done the same thing.

We have no way of knowing for sure how we arrived at the unfortunate ending other than your out a rod and reel at the end of the day.

You made a goodwill gesture to a young angler and ultimately got burned whether it was by him or someone else.

Regardless, the ending was not what you had envisioned.

I do not believe that anyone does not want to hold the appropriate culprit that took your rod and reel accountable.

The truth is right now all we have is assumptions and unfortunately no concrete facts.

Did he take off with it? Possibly
Did he return it as you asked? Possibly
After doing so did someone else take it? Possibly
Did he put it in the wrong truck bed? Possibly.

I am personally glad you still made the gesture regardless of the outcome for you.

I believe in Karma.

If you PM me your Full Name and Address I will talk to Andy at ACC and see what we can do about replacing your rod. Just let me know what length you want and hopefully we can make this situation for you have better ending.

I'm serious about the ACC rod offer for you.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

If you not interested I respect your wishes.

Don't stop being you. thumb

ACC CRAPPIE STIX
BONEHEAD TACKLE
LEWS REELS
PEPOPS JIGS
FEARLESS JIGS
BUBBAS BAITS
MAD CRAPPIE JIGS
DANS JIGS
CRAZY ANGLER TACKLE
THERMOCLINE LURES
CONSTANT PURSUIT OUTFITTERS
MR CRAPPIE
POWER PRO SUPER SLICK BRAID
BERKLEY VANISH GOLD/TRANSITION
LIFT SAVER TROLLING MOTOR MOUNT
SHUT UP AND FISH
SLAB SYNDICATE JIGS
THUMPER ELITE OUTFITTERS
Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13957788 04/12/21 11:46 PM
B
bdotson Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
B
I would like to say thank you to all that have offered to help with replacing my rod but it wont be necessary. The rod I loaned was a very inexpensive set up and will not be missed. I do apologize to anyone offended by my reference to (todays generation) that might not have been such a good title. I do realize there are both good and bad in all generations. Also I do want everyone to know this young man was not a kid. He had a truck and had driven himself to the lake, he was a grown man. My only intention was to point out what SOME of todays society is capable of. Now lets just go fishing and forget the whole thing. Oh and yes I would and will do the same thing again.

Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13957892 04/13/21 12:58 AM
J
JSouther Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
J
I applaud you what a great deed. It took me a long time to learn not to store up my treasures on earth where moth and rust will destroy them. You have done a deed that the Good Lord will remember and have you a golden Abu Garcia waiting on you to be a fisher of men!

Re: todays generation [Re: leanin post] #13958052 04/13/21 03:03 AM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
you acknowledge u are blessed immensely, yet you provide a gesture of good will, WITH CONDITIONS. This is not the best way you could have done it. you are responsible for the outcome because you created the situation. Had you just given the kid the rod and reel, you would have a full heart , with no regrets. you felt good abt it for a short time, and now its eating at you. Look at the other effects of the situation, the kid will be leary to go fish that lake again, worrying u will show up, demanding your rod back. So the outcome of your actions generated a negative effect for both of you.. Had you just given the kid the rod and reel, he would have likely never forgot it, and made his week.
There once was an old man who lived in the swamp. He lived amongst the alligator, snakes and mosquitos. The old man made his living by catching fish in hoop nets. One day the old man went to check his nets,. and found two young men checking his nets.
As the man pulled up to thier boat, they saw his shotgun laying in the floor of the boat. They were terrified.
The old man explained to them that they were his nets, and that is how he made his living, a very scarce living.
The old man told them, if they wanted some fish, he would give them some fish. He started throwing fish im thier boat, and they told him that the fish he gave them was all they needed.. The old man said OOHH NO,, you know how it is when u have a fish fry, they start coming out of the woodwork, just like cats near a seafood store . So the old man gave them even more fish.,.. once he had given them the fish, he told them, look, if you ever need fish because you are hungry, come knock on my door, and I will give u some fish, but plz never steal them from me.
Those kids learned a very important lesson that day, and never messed with the old mans fish nets again.
Listen, if you will forgive the debt you feel the kid owes you, I will pay you for the rod and reel you loss.
Pm me your name and address if you want and I will send you a check.

I would have given him a rig too.....but this is a crock of [censored]

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13958083 04/13/21 03:40 AM
H
Hook'Em 79 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
H
You did a good thing, feel proud about it and move on and help again when the situation arises.

God, Family, Friends
www.sterlingtractor.com

Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13958092 04/13/21 03:57 AM
D
dkershen Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
D
Bdotson... take heart in the fact that someone less fortunate than you is using your rod now, whether it be that young man or a boat ramp thief. Maybe the new owner will spend more time fishing and less time taking advantage of people? Or maybe the rod got swapped for a couple malt liquor tall boys? All positive outcomes at the end of the day. thumb

Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13958308 04/13/21 01:33 PM
G
G Love Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
G

I did not think it was possible to turn this story around and make me the bad guy.. But I guess I was wrong about that too, I stand corrected. And by the way its not eating at me. I simply wanted to show what todays generation is capable of. Also I don't need your money.

Just a side note here mr lean tree your wrong on this one

roflmao

Don't listen to that guy. I bout spit my coffee out reading that horse [censored]. Good on you man. Lend a hand where it's needed- and there's always someone who thinks its not enough. Indicative of the times.

Last edited by G Love; 04/13/21 01:38 PM.
Re: todays generation [Re: bdotson] #13958575 04/13/21 04:49 PM
D
Davedave Offline
Bigfoot Seeker
Bigfoot Seeker
D
In all seriousness Dotson, you did good. I wouldn’t let any of that other stuff bother you.

But, I will be watching out for those thieving punks of that generation.

Re: todays generation [Re: cocodrie] #13958711 04/13/21 06:15 PM
B
Budlitego Offline
Angler
Angler
B
wopics

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide