texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
KirkS, RWD, Nawiliwili, Neiman1217, MILBASS21
115208 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 101,759
hopalong 96,090
Pilothawk 80,810
John175☮ 78,910
Bigbob_FTW 73,080
JDavis7873 67,402
Derek 🐝 66,446
Mark Perry 62,601
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,146,463
Posts15,670,766
Members140,208
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
I'm thinking about joining a club #13957232 04/12/21 05:28 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
J
JC1965 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
Hello everyone,

I moved here to TX about a year ago, I'm think about joining a bass club near Plano (DFW) for fun, I see from most of the postings that they are a team type format, are there any good ones with a boater / non-boater draw? I think fishing with that format would help me learn different things....I should add I have my own boat.

Last edited by JC1965; 04/12/21 05:29 PM.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957246 04/12/21 05:40 PM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 31
D
danial S Offline
Outdoorsman
Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 31
I personally don't have any input on joining a club, but I'm the president of the Memorial Highschool Fishing team in Frisco, and we are looking for a boating captain. not only will you get to fish with potentially different people, but THSBA (The league we'd like to join) Offers a boaters pot, so you have your own mini-tournament. We really are in need of a boating captain so we cant start with one or two tournaments this year to get our name out for potential sponsors next year! we'd appreciate any help. Feel free to PM here, or email me at danthefisherman321@gmail.com
I'm sure you will be able to learn a lot of things from these tournaments. In addition, you get benefits from THSBA sponsors, meaning you can get discounted services for your boat and a few others. we can work something out in terms of fuel and various other costs to make it worthwhile for you!
Best wishes, and tight lines!

Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957291 04/12/21 06:12 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,345
I
Im RICK JAMES Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
I
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,345
ABA (American Bass Anglers) is a individual trail for boaters and non boaters. You might draw a non boater that will fish out the back of your boat. There’s a DFW district. Season usually run sept thru June with a national championship in the fall.


Fully sponsored by my mom
Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: danial S] #13957304 04/12/21 06:21 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
J
JC1965 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by danial S
I personally don't have any input on joining a club, but I'm the president of the Memorial Highschool Fishing team in Frisco, and we are looking for a boating captain. not only will you get to fish with potentially different people, but THSBA (The league we'd like to join) Offers a boaters pot, so you have your own mini-tournament. We really are in need of a boating captain so we cant start with one or two tournaments this year to get our name out for potential sponsors next year! we'd appreciate any help. Feel free to PM here, or email me at danthefisherman321@gmail.com
I'm sure you will be able to learn a lot of things from these tournaments. In addition, you get benefits from THSBA sponsors, meaning you can get discounted services for your boat and a few others. we can work something out in terms of fuel and various other costs to make it worthwhile for you!
Best wishes, and tight lines!


Hi Danial,

I'm sorry but I'm not really looking for that at this time but good luck on getting some boats for your team.

Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: Im RICK JAMES] #13957306 04/12/21 06:22 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
J
JC1965 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by Im RICK JAMES
ABA (American Bass Anglers) is a individual trail for boaters and non boaters. You might draw a non boater that will fish out the back of your boat. There’s a DFW district. Season usually run sept thru June with a national championship in the fall.


Hi Rick,

I will check it out, thank you......I think the ABA is more a tournament trail, I'm not ready for that (lol) I'm more looking for a local fish and learn club.

Last edited by JC1965; 04/12/21 06:26 PM.
Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957320 04/12/21 06:34 PM
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,312
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
U
Joined: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,312
Century Bass Club fits what you are looking for, they meet in dallas and fish mostly lakes within a couple hours of your area. They post their schedule in the bass clubs section, i have fished with them before and they are a good group of guys... once i got my boat i just decided i wanted to fish team tournaments instead or i would still fish with them


John Miller
Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957326 04/12/21 06:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 806
G
grandbassslayer Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
G
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 806
I would look on facebook in your area.

Last edited by grandbassslayer; 04/12/21 06:37 PM.
Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: UTDmiller] #13957327 04/12/21 06:36 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
J
JC1965 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by UTDmiller
Century Bass Club fits what you are looking for, they meet in dallas and fish mostly lakes within a couple hours of your area. They post their schedule in the bass clubs section, i have fished with them before and they are a good group of guys... once i got my boat i just decided i wanted to fish team tournaments instead or i would still fish with them


Thank you, I will check them out.

Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957328 04/12/21 06:37 PM
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 841
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
L
Joined: Jun 2017
Posts: 841
There is a bass clubs section here, top of page ^

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 04/12/21 06:38 PM.
Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13957340 04/12/21 06:45 PM
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
J
JC1965 Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
J
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 56
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf
There is a bass clubs section here, top of page ^


I did dig through them, most were "teams" others I was not too sure about, that is why I have asked.

Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957381 04/12/21 07:14 PM
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,034
F
forkduc Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
F
Joined: Mar 2007
Posts: 14,034
Check out McKinney Bass Club!
Great guys and good schedule.
Also, one of the best payouts around. Usually about 25 boats.

Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957383 04/12/21 07:17 PM
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 6,928
TBassYates Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
Joined: Dec 2001
Posts: 6,928
Century Bass Club has been around since 1976 and is a great combination of a bunch of really great guys that have a ton of experience and is a really competitive club without letting that take away from having a good time.


[Linked Image]
Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957472 04/12/21 08:13 PM
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,150
S
sprigsss Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
S
Joined: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,150
Don't think about it do it.

I fish with 2 clubs and have met some really good guys and made some great friends doing so.

Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957513 04/12/21 08:39 PM
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 35,301
F
Frank the Tank Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
F
Joined: Feb 2013
Posts: 35,301
JC - check out 5-alive bass club. No meetings.... HUGE perk


John 3:16
Re: I'm thinking about joining a club [Re: JC1965] #13957635 04/12/21 09:52 PM
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,571
Tiltman Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
Joined: May 2004
Posts: 8,571
I think North Texas Bass Anglers is near by you long standing club

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3