Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: beartrap] #13955297 04/10/21 10:12 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by beartrap
the crowd you see there is a tiny fraction of what will view MLF on their 8 hours of TV shows this weekend....

Because FOX doesn’t have BASS on too? Why do you guys keep taking his bait.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: Big O Florida] #13955304 04/10/21 10:17 PM
D
Darin S. Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
D
I think it’s a valid question. We’re waiting Big O....

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: Big O Florida] #13955311 04/10/21 10:22 PM
Bruce Allen Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
comparing apples and oranges again.

Lake Fork Anglers
Every Thursday
Daytime Tournaments.

Lake Fork Sportsman's Association
www.lakeforksa.com/

We are VERY PROUD of our Induction into the
Texas Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame.

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: Big O Florida] #13955320 04/10/21 10:35 PM
F
Fishing on a string Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
F
whip

Look at all those that got triggerd. Dang y’all so silly.

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: grout-scout] #13955325 04/10/21 10:52 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Dubee

How did his comments backfire. If it cost a sponsor more to set up a tent and pay people to work it than they make. Do you think that is sponsorship gold.

Sponsorship gold? No.

Him asking stupid questions, while acting like Big O, while the answer is zero if asked about the company he defends. If they sold even one thing to a person in the crowd, it’s still advertising. We know mlf will sell zero to the crowds

Heck, it might be sponsorship gold for all I know, I wasn’t there. We know that nobody there was watching mlf/BPT.

Lol, now you’re catching on, they’re rhetorical, as I already know the answer and it’s not gold. It’s just a crowd there to watch a weigh in. Nothing more, nothing less.

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: grout-scout] #13955327 04/10/21 10:57 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B

How did his comments backfire. If it cost a sponsor more to set up a tent and pay people to work it than they make. Do you think that is sponsorship gold.

Sponsorship gold? No.

Him asking stupid questions, while acting like Big O, while the answer is zero if asked about the company he defends. If they sold even one thing to a person in the crowd, it’s still advertising. We know mlf will sell zero to the crowds

Heck, it might be sponsorship gold for all I know, I wasn’t there. We know that nobody there was watching mlf/BPT.

Not to leave without mention, their small community was featured LIVE for 3 hours on Fox Sports today and will be again tomorrow. The positive economic impact on that community and directed towards any vendor or business who participated would be how ever much more exposure they received than if MLF were to be the one bringing an event to any of the communities they visit. Each business, and depending on its service sector in the local economy will see different results and returns, but brand building and awareness isn’t something that is truly calculable.

Both BASS and MLF are selling a product to the general public and others that is largely derived by what individual anglers produce and do. MLF for some reason, which likely is financial, seems to think fans of the anglers and spectators to their events are a burden full of unrecoverable expenses. BASS has shown by being in business for over 50 years and gaining over 500k members that their vision of how things should be works, and I believe the vast, vast majority of people who are interested in Bass fishing will agree, that FANS MATTER!

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: Big O Florida] #13955340 04/10/21 11:14 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida

Sponsorship gold? No.

Not to leave without mention, their small community was featured LIVE for 3 hours on Fox Sports today and will be again tomorrow. The positive economic impact on that community and directed towards any vendor or business who participated would be how ever much more exposure they received than if MLF were to be the one bringing an event to any of the communities they visit. Each business, and depending on its service sector in the local economy will see different results and returns, but brand building and awareness isn’t something that is truly calculable.

Both BASS and MLF are selling a product to the general public and others that is largely derived by what individual anglers produce and do. MLF for some reason, which likely is financial, seems to think fans of the anglers and spectators to their events are a burden full of unrecoverable expenses. BASS has shown by being in business for over 50 years and gaining over 500k members that their vision of how things should be works, and I believe the vast, vast majority of people who are interested in Bass fishing will agree, that FANS MATTER!

This just in, MLF loads in fans and anglers into communities across the country from the Pro Series to Toyota Series to the BFL’s. What’s your point?

You said in your OP that it was sponsor gold, now it’s changed to host community gold, which I actually agree with more... assuming all those fans are from out of town. Do you have the list of fans and their hometowns? How many nights are they staying in Orange?

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: Mark Jones] #13955347 04/10/21 11:32 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Sponsorship gold? No.

This just in, MLF loads in fans and anglers into communities across the country from the Pro Series to Toyota Series to the BFL’s. What’s your point?

You said in your OP that it was sponsor gold, now it’s changed to host community gold, which I actually agree with more... assuming all those fans are from out of town. Do you have the list of fans and their hometowns? How many nights are they staying in Orange?

Who would be the target audience and customers of sponsors? Could it possibly be the “fans”?

The TW Pro, Toyota series, and BFL’s are not even close and are of no equivalency to what BASS Elites and even the Opens bring to a community from an economic impact standpoint. Especially now that they’re being managed under the MLF umbrella which places little to no value on spectators and fans.

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: Big O Florida] #13955353 04/10/21 11:39 PM
361V Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
Listening to you two is like choosing between Fox News or CNN. Just pick the one who spins it in a direction I want to hear(I choose Fox)

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: Big O Florida] #13955361 04/10/21 11:48 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Big O, I’ll save the discussion around the scale of the FLW side of the house because we already had that one and you ignored it when I laid the facts out for you. Send me the data when you can on Orange so we can check it for gold.

Congrats on the crowd, you did good! thumb

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: beartrap] #13955457 04/11/21 02:27 AM
Joel McBride Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
I just watched MLF for 2 hours after fishing BassChamps on Roberts today.

I'll watch Bass when they have shows I can watch also.

I love the cups for MLF.

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: Big O Florida] #13955467 04/11/21 02:36 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
“MLF for some reason, which likely is financial, seems to think fans of the anglers and spectators to their events are a burden full of unrecoverable expenses.”

“Seems to think fans of the anglers and spectators are a burden...”

Proof, please?

[Linked Image]
Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: 361V] #13955474 04/11/21 02:47 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by 361V
Listening to you two is like choosing between Fox News or CNN. Just pick the one who spins it in a direction I want to hear(I choose Fox)

One has first-hand knowledge of such things, uses his real name, has disclosed his affiliation, etc. The other is a troll.

There is a distinct difference here, and whether or not you like either side, one is a lot more honest, forthright and open than the other. I’m not choosing sides, but I at least like that one lets me know his bias, affiliation and is publicly posting facts that someone else could possibly refute if he’s lying, so I can at least try to make an informed decision. The other either obviously is plugged in personally somehow or is full of it, and we don’t know which it is, so that’s a problem, in my opinion.

I respect the side that discloses their allegiance/employer/whatever because at least I know where they’re coming from and can accept they know what they’re talking about, even if it’s BS. The anonymous nature of the other side, which is constantly negative and aggressive towards MLF is hard to take. If he wasn’t anonymous or was suddenly forthright with his affiliation, it would be much different. All the cards would be on the table at that point.

Until then, it’s pretty hard to say Mark is CNN.

[Linked Image]
Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: Big O Florida] #13955484 04/11/21 02:58 AM
ssmith Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
the reason they are there its free if they put a five dollar gate fee on it you could put them under a umbrella.

Re: Wow - Fans Love BASS! [Re: grout-scout] #13955487 04/11/21 03:01 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by Mark Jones
Sponsorship Gold!

[Linked Image]

That is a great crowd, Orange sure does show up for events!

What were the cost of your staff's salaries, travel, set up and tear down? How much product did you sell onsite? How many of those fans came through your booth and setup? How many engaged with your brand during the day? How many email addresses did you get? How many contest entrants did you convert, if you ran one?

Please provide us with an excel sheet with associated costs, revenue, results and ROI, so we can accurately determine if it's sponsorship gold, silver or bronze.

Thanks in advance! cheers

Well....whatever the answer is, it’s more than the BPT/MLF received, which is ZERO. Don’t you hate when being a smarta** backfires.

LOL his comments didn't backfire, nice try rolleyes

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide