texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
MILBASS21, eatfishsleepgolf, GarrettLee89, Zonadog71, Wmolina
115204 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
TexDawg 101,740
hopalong 96,056
Pilothawk 80,810
Bigbob_FTW 73,072
JDavis7873ฎ 67,402
Mark Perry 62,594
Forum Statistics
Forums61
Topics1,146,430
Posts15,669,876
Members140,204
Most Online36,273
Jan 23rd, 2013
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Creeks for bass #13954976 04/10/21 03:30 PM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 30
D
danial S Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 30
Hey everyone!

so as per my last post, I manage to catch one crappie, two bass, and a couple of catfish woot! Thanks for all the tips and the help Mr.Harper flehan!

anyways, now that spawn is relatively over, I was wondering what creeks near DFW are holding smaller bass? I think it'd do me good to fish for lots of smaller bass to get some more experience after the two-year hiatus, and how to fish specific baits. I woulda thunk that muscle memory might do its thing, but I just can't seem to fish much of anything anymore except for soft plastics frown... regardless, I'm located in Frisco and would love to hear about some of the creeks you guys wade fish for smaller bass! might tag along some of my beginner friends and get them on their first bass...

thanks for the help y'all!

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Creeks for bass [Re: danial S] #13955123 04/10/21 06:46 PM
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17,765
Donald Harper Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 17,765
Every creek in this area has small bass.
- Go to Nav. Apps. and look at the creeks leaving the lakes.
- Download Google Earth Pro. to take a look at each of the creeks to find your access points off of roads and bridge crossings.

Not much rain in the past few weeks; so this is a good time to go fish them. They will be clear. Use your small spinners, wacky rigs and trick worms or senkos.


Each person you work with holds some promise to your future success.
www.eletewater.com - Staying Hydrated
www.lakeoviachic.com - Booking Mexico Trips
20 Hot Spot Mapping - GPS Contour Chips - Custom Spinner Baits - Jigs -Spooks
Pure Extracts - Minnow-Night Crawler-Crayfish-Craylic


Re: Creeks for bass [Re: danial S] #13955160 04/10/21 07:53 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,345
I
Im RICK JAMES Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
I
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,345
The spawns over?


Fully sponsored by my mom
Re: Creeks for bass [Re: Im RICK JAMES] #13955220 04/10/21 09:06 PM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 30
D
danial S Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 30
every lake ive gone to, it seems so. the one pond I went to is still spawning, but cooper lake didn't have any spawners and neither did Lewisville

Re: Creeks for bass [Re: danial S] #13955243 04/10/21 09:29 PM
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 805
Greg W Offline
Pro Angler
Offline
Pro Angler
Joined: Oct 2015
Posts: 805
Spawn better not be over. Cut my foot real bad and haven't fished in 2 weeks. I don't think it is, but if so, I'm going to cry. Hopefully get back to fishing on Monday.

Btw, don't ever slip on a pave stone. Leaves a nasty cut, 8 stitches, $600 at the emergency room and off the water for 2 weeks. Sucked all around.

Re: Creeks for bass [Re: Im RICK JAMES] #13955258 04/10/21 09:44 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 12,239
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Joined: Nov 2014
Posts: 12,239
Originally Posted by Im RICK JAMES
The spawns over?

Haha. Not even getting going good yet!


Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: Creeks for bass [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13955266 04/10/21 09:49 PM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 30
D
danial S Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 30
Oh man, this makes me feel SO much better. i thought I had missed the spawn since I couldn't see ANY bass spawning. some lakes where already at the magic 63 degrees so I was pretty disappointed when I didn't notice any bass spawning... man, I must be REALLY rusty haha

Re: Creeks for bass [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13955288 04/10/21 10:05 PM
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,345
I
Im RICK JAMES Online Happy
Extreme Angler
Online Happy
Extreme Angler
I
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,345
Water barely been in the 60โ€™s ๐Ÿ˜‚


Fully sponsored by my mom
Re: Creeks for bass [Re: Greg W] #13955498 04/11/21 03:13 AM
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,729
B
bradnitro175 Offline
TFF Celebrity
Offline
TFF Celebrity
B
Joined: Jul 2008
Posts: 6,729
Originally Posted by Greg W
Spawn better not be over. Cut my foot real bad and haven't fished in 2 weeks. I don't think it is, but if so, I'm going to cry. Hopefully get back to fishing on Monday.

Btw, don't ever slip on a pave stone. Leaves a nasty cut, 8 stitches, $600 at the emergency room and off the water for 2 weeks. Sucked all around.

You haven't missed much


Originally Posted by Frank the Tank
I hope itโ€™s as big as you say it is Hop. Donโ€™t wanna be disappointed

Re: Creeks for bass [Re: danial S] #13955636 04/11/21 12:30 PM
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,336
GROD Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Joined: Sep 2010
Posts: 2,336
Spawn not over... lakes spawn typically in sections...

Re: Creeks for bass [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13956300 04/12/21 12:37 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,097
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
E
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,097
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Originally Posted by Im RICK JAMES
The spawns over?

Haha. Not even getting going good yet!



+1

Re: Creeks for bass [Re: danial S] #13956302 04/12/21 12:39 AM
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,097
E
ezbassin Offline
TFF Guru
Offline
TFF Guru
E
Joined: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,097
Originally Posted by danial S
Hey everyone!

so as per my last post, I manage to catch one crappie, two bass, and a couple of catfish woot! Thanks for all the tips and the help Mr.Harper flehan!

anyways, now that spawn is relatively over, I was wondering what creeks near DFW are holding smaller bass? I think it'd do me good to fish for lots of smaller bass to get some more experience after the two-year hiatus, and how to fish specific baits. I woulda thunk that muscle memory might do its thing, but I just can't seem to fish much of anything anymore except for soft plastics frown... regardless, I'm located in Frisco and would love to hear about some of the creeks you guys wade fish for smaller bass! might tag along some of my beginner friends and get them on their first bass...

thanks for the help y'all!


Where is the world did you get the idea that the spawn is over??????

Re: Creeks for bass [Re: ezbassin] #13956968 04/12/21 02:47 PM
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 30
D
danial S Offline OP
Outdoorsman
OP Offline
Outdoorsman
D
Joined: Apr 2020
Posts: 30
sorry, my bad! cooper lake was in the 60's when I went, and didn't even see a single bass bedding or even trying to bed. plus, I caught a two smaller bass so I just assumed that the spawn was over...

Re: Creeks for bass [Re: danial S] #13956983 04/12/21 02:56 PM
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,090
F
Fishingking Offline
Extreme Angler
Offline
Extreme Angler
F
Joined: Dec 2013
Posts: 2,090
whip

Re: Creeks for bass [Re: danial S] #13957098 04/12/21 04:15 PM
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 745
5
5PounderOnAFrog Online Content
Pro Angler
Online Content
Pro Angler
5
Joined: Dec 2010
Posts: 745
Originally Posted by danial S
sorry, my bad! cooper lake was in the 60's when I went, and didn't even see a single bass bedding or even trying to bed. plus, I caught a two smaller bass so I just assumed that the spawn was over...

They're still pretty spread out. One cove may have bedding fish every 3 feet and the next might have none. Go find some shallow, grassy, out of the wind coves on the north side of the lake. Grass isn't necessary but it sure helps you to see them (clearer water and easier to see that sandy bed against a green background). As it gets warmer, theyll start spreading out more into the southern parts of the lake, but right now i would focus on the north side.

ETA: I've been fishing Sandlin and i imagine Cooper is in a pretty similar stage right now since its just down the road

Last edited by 5PounderOnAFrog; 04/12/21 04:20 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2019 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.3