Forums59
Topics1,039,218
Posts13,961,133
Members144,196
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Roofing quote seem right? [Re: Team Skeeterless] #13954490 04/10/21 01:31 AM
jcarring99 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Team Skeeterless
Originally Posted by ksjmf
What is the right price per square?

Too many factors honestly depending on insurance company you have. Not every company pays for things the same way so you won’t find an exact price per square which is also why roofers don’t like to give a price up front. They quote 8k and insurance would have paid 9k and they just lost profit. In Texas nobody should ever pay out of pocket for a roof unless they try to make roof last way too long and insurance can’t find damage due to how bad roof is or they buy or install too heavy of a product where it takes racquetball or bigger hail to damage bc it happens every year but in few areas. This is why I don’t suggest impact resistant shingles although I’ve seen them damaged by 1” hail and they state they should absorb higher than that.

What do you mean shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket? You have to pay your deductible, but no you should t have to pay more than that unless you’re upgrading your roof.

You’re correct about price per square. Too many factors to just throw a price out but it should fall within a range of $315 to $350 or more depending on a ton of factors. Slope, one story or two, ridge vent or turbines, exact brand and style of shingle as they all vary in price, felt type, does the roofer use ice and water shield and of so how much valley do you have etc etc. Roofing systems do not come in a one size fits all deal. Many factors and decisions about components goes into pricing.

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
email: joel@carringtonroofingdfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
For financing click: https://app.gethearth.com/partners/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonroofingdfw.com
Re: Roofing quote seem right? [Re: jcarring99] #13954508 04/10/21 01:40 AM
Team Skeeterless Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by jcarring99

Too many factors honestly depending on insurance company you have. Not every company pays for things the same way so you won’t find an exact price per square which is also why roofers don’t like to give a price up front. They quote 8k and insurance would have paid 9k and they just lost profit. In Texas nobody should ever pay out of pocket for a roof unless they try to make roof last way too long and insurance can’t find damage due to how bad roof is or they buy or install too heavy of a product where it takes racquetball or bigger hail to damage bc it happens every year but in few areas. This is why I don’t suggest impact resistant shingles although I’ve seen them damaged by 1” hail and they state they should absorb higher than that.

What do you mean shouldn’t have to pay out of pocket? You have to pay your deductible, but no you should t have to pay more than that unless you’re upgrading your roof.

You’re correct about price per square. Too many factors to just throw a price out but it should fall within a range of $315 to $350 or more depending on a ton of factors. Slope, one story or two, ridge vent or turbines, exact brand and style of shingle as they all vary in price, felt type, does the roofer use ice and water shield and of so how much valley do you have etc etc. Roofing systems do not come in a one size fits all deal. Many factors and decisions about components goes into pricing.

Just meant pay for entire roof out of pocket in Texas. There will always be a storm that insurance can help with if you have a regular laminate roof install way before the roof starts to look worn out from heat abs sun. Yes you pay deductible absolutely.

Nick Larsen
Re: Roofing quote seem right? [Re: Team Skeeterless] #13954513 04/10/21 01:43 AM
jcarring99 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by jcarring99

Just meant pay for entire roof out of pocket in Texas. There will always be a storm that insurance can help with if you have a regular laminate roof install way before the roof starts to look worn out from heat abs sun. Yes you pay deductible absolutely.

Absolutely. In Texas you’re going to get hail at some point. My guess without looking at it is that there’s enough damage now to warrant a new roof if there were a bunch of others in the area who got new roofs. How would they know it doesn’t need replaced if they never got on the roof? Did they use a drone? I would t accept that. I would call back and request a second adjuster to come out and tell them why. That’s ridiculous. I’ve never heard of that before

Joel Carrington
214-770-7978
email: joel@carringtonroofingdfw.com
Carrington Roofing & Construction, LLC
For financing click: https://app.gethearth.com/partners/carrington-roofing-construction-llc/joel
www.carringtonroofingdfw.com
Re: Roofing quote seem right? [Re: lowew79] #13954522 04/10/21 01:49 AM
doctorxring Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

4 words for you if your thinking about high dollar composition shingle roof in Texas —

GO WITH A METAL ROOF

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free
Re: Roofing quote seem right? [Re: doctorxring] #13954583 04/10/21 02:32 AM
Team Skeeterless Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by doctorxring

4 words for you if your thinking about high dollar composition shingle roof in Texas —

GO WITH A METAL ROOF

Lots of insurance companies are putting cosmetic exclusions on those these days. Small dings most people don’t mind but dents that are big enough to see yet still cosmetic can bug lots of folks.

Nick Larsen
Re: Roofing quote seem right? [Re: doctorxring] #13954590 04/10/21 02:35 AM
T
txninja Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by doctorxring

GO WITH A METAL ROOF

Disagree unless self insuring.

Most insurance companies have a cosmetic endorsement on the policy. As long as the hail doesn’t go completely through the roof they don’t pay. Sounds ok but here’s the big issue- you are paying insurance for something that will never be totaled in the insurance’s eyes.

Someday you will sell you house and more than likely the new owners’ insurance will not write a policy if there is hail damage on it- the same hail damage your insurance won’t pay for.

Last edited by txninja; 04/10/21 02:37 AM.
Re: Roofing quote seem right? [Re: lowew79] #13954932 04/10/21 02:32 PM
butch sanders Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
if i could have any roof
i would have
a Berridge standing seam system
best roof out there

i would laugh at the cosmetic clause

Re: Roofing quote seem right? [Re: lowew79] #13955037 04/10/21 04:56 PM
S
Spiderman Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Insurance policies are changing, at the 1/2 life of the roof they are going from replacement cost to actual cash value on roof replacement.

So 30 year Timberline shingles at 16 years are at 50% depreciation. Then you have your 1% deductible.insurance companies are getting away from spending large amounts on roof losses.

The Truth is six of the seven Dwarfs are not Happy!
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide