Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13945272 04/02/21 04:50 PM
T
taterpop Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Catfish Lynn
I have found that a 14 pound Blue is the ultimate in fish fry eating. The backstraps are cut to boneless "B"s or "8"s about 1" thick, battered & fried to perfection. Hot, dipped in ice cold Del Monte Ketchup.

Nothing better,but I still chase eaters with dip/punch baits . You can see the difference between Blue and Channel, Will a very large lazy Blue Cat make more Babies than a 10 to 20 Lb Blue ?

Wet Rooster Jigs Fishing Super Store
Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Holzer] #13945530 04/02/21 09:55 PM
Z
zebcoomega1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Z
We used to keep the big ones back in the day but no more..best eaters
are around 2-3lbs where you only make the 1 filet cut and not have to
thin it out..IMO.

Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Holzer] #13946041 04/03/21 02:48 PM
R
rickt300 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
R
In general TPWD is all in for Trophy fish. When the average shad eating blue gets to be around 20 pounds just watch the shad base decline. Then of course you have a real problem. I rarely keep cats over 15 pounds anyway but unless a lake is in real trouble I find TPWD's meddling is often counter productive. If they really cared why don't they make an effort to reduce the carp population?

Last edited by rickt300; 04/03/21 02:49 PM.
Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: rickt300] #13946073 04/03/21 03:20 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by rickt300
In general TPWD is all in for Trophy fish. When the average shad eating blue gets to be around 20 pounds just watch the shad base decline. Then of course you have a real problem. I rarely keep cats over 15 pounds anyway but unless a lake is in real trouble I find TPWD's meddling is often counter productive. If they really cared why don't they make an effort to reduce the carp population?

I’ve fished some of the best trophy Bluecat lakes in the entire country and one thing they all have in common is there is an abundance of Shad in every one of them. Twok, Texoma, Wheeler, Marion, are all chuck full of toads and there are plenty of Shad in those lakes. Saying that trophy bluecats are somehow negatively impacting the Shad is not what I’ve seen. My lake is chuck full of carp and they don’t seem to have much of an affect on the fish either. Carp become a problem when breeding size game fish aren’t large enough to be able to guard their nests.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: rickt300] #13946099 04/03/21 03:38 PM
T
taterpop Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by rickt300

You are so right about the carp Lake wright patman is full of them. And they are playing in the shallow waters about the time that the catfish go to spawn. Our Lake is fead by Sulphur River and on or about the middle of Feb. to the end of march they hit the river in droves. I,m not a net person and because of all the new rules,I don't trotline . But years ago, during the rough fish run up river I've seen one hoop net catch almost a jon boat load of rough fish in one hoop net. If the TPWD would open a three or four week season for the use of nets for rough fish harvest you would see a decline in those big egg sucking rough fish.

Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Holzer] #13946183 04/03/21 05:42 PM
S
SALLYSUE Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
So you can keep fish under 12 inches

Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: SALLYSUE] #13946254 04/03/21 07:52 PM
Z
zebcoomega1 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Z
You can at Tawakoni last yr and this yr til Sept.1..not sure on the reasoning
for that. No meat on those bones.

Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Holzer] #13946258 04/03/21 07:58 PM
S
SALLYSUE Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
S
Don't seem right to me

Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Holzer] #13946615 04/04/21 04:53 AM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
First off, I understand the needs for certain rulings on specific lakes & rivers. But I still stand by my saying that a 14# BC supersedes the taste of other sized Blues, smaller or bigger, any sized YC, or any sized CC.

I put my heart into my fish fry-s. In fact, my two prize Catfish Calendar & YC students (Jeff & son James), brought half of their $2600 salt water trip, to the Lake, just so I could fry it for them (& me, as I got to eat some too). So in a sense, I fried up $1300 worth (1 of 2 big bags) that one night.

I will take minute for a note to warn about what's coming. Regardless of everything the TPWD does for Texas, or the similar agencies in other states, here is what's coming. Fish now while you can, as soon the fish populations will be decimated. The drought of 2011 is nothing in comparison after the Comet runs. That occurs in this decade. Following that, a 10 year drought will devastate the Earth. But there will be a heavenly sign 1 year before the Comet's impact. Our beloved America will be reduced by a third, then split almost in the middle by the much larger Mississippi River. You see, I am a pattern recognizer & a puzzle-gatherer. It is almost like watching rows & rows of dominoes falling in a sequenced pattern.

Nevertheless, you must abide by the laws of the land, so if your lake or river is under the protected regulations, you must abide. Sadly, the protection was for naught.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Holzer] #13946698 04/04/21 12:54 PM
🍀El Gato Azul🍀 Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Dang! I thought the earth ended in 2000 with the Y2K bug or was is 2012 with earthquakes and global warming? Now it’s a comet and the Mississippi River splitting open... I’ve been hearing that stuff my whole life and were still here catching fish. You must have been reading about Edgar Casey the sleeping prophet. 10 yrs of drought on the way? We’ve had 6 yrs of above average rain so now it’s time for a drought. I call that a weather cycle, not the end of the world.

Even if all those things were true there isn’t a damn thing we can do about it but there is something we can do to preserve the catfish for future generations. CPR all catfish over 10 lbs and in the event that Lynn is wrong again on his predictions, there might be a few good catfish left for our kids to catch when they grow up.

Side note: the monster you’ve been hunting all these years was most likely hauled out of your lake long ago and ended up in someone else’s frying pan. gone forever...You see Lynn, that’s what happens when you eat the big ones.

There is a fine line between fishing and floating around like an idiot!!
texas Check out out my YouTube channel El Gato Azul TV texas
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg0aV-uOxzxKxeqFFfREzKg
⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️ Home of little boys holding big catfish! ⚓️⚓️⚓️⚓️
Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Catfish Lynn] #13947162 04/04/21 08:30 PM
T
taterpop Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
First off, I understand the needs for certain rulings on specific lakes & rivers. But I still stand by my saying that a 14# BC supersedes the taste of other sized Blues, smaller or bigger, any sized YC, or any sized CC.

I put my heart into my fish fry-s. In fact, my two prize Catfish Calendar & YC students (Jeff & son James), brought half of their $2600 salt water trip, to the Lake, just so I could fry it for them (& me, as I got to eat some too). So in a sense, I fried up $1300 worth (1 of 2 big bags) that one night.

I will take minute for a note to warn about what's coming. Regardless of everything the TPWD does for Texas, or the similar agencies in other states, here is what's coming. Fish now while you can, as soon the fish populations will be decimated. The drought of 2011 is nothing in comparison after the Comet runs. That occurs in this decade. Following that, a 10 year drought will devastate the Earth. But there will be a heavenly sign 1 year before the Comet's impact. Our beloved America will be reduced by a third, then split almost in the middle by the much larger Mississippi River. You see, I am a pattern recognizer & a puzzle-gatherer. It is almost like watching rows & rows of dominoes falling in a sequenced pattern.

Nevertheless, you must abide by the laws of the land, so if your lake or river is under the protected regulations, you must abide. Sadly, the protection was for naught.

Good Read Lynn

Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Holzer] #13947259 04/04/21 09:49 PM
C
Catfish Lynn Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
C
++++++++++++
Side note: the monster you’ve been hunting all these years was most likely hauled out of your lake long ago and ended up in someone else’s frying pan. gone forever...You see Lynn, that’s what happens when you eat the big ones.
++++++++++++

"The Giant" has not been hauled out yet. If it had, it would be pretty well public knowledge. My last encounter was May 5, 2018. And hopefully, my next encounter will be my final encounter before the summer ends this year. A giant YellowCat is like a Giant Vacuum Cleaner. It consumes a lot of fish, which includes sizeable Yellows & Blues (the ones that the regulations wish to preserve). This one seems to be a Male. It runs like a tractor. And it's predictible. It always runs its path. And Lynn never ever gives up.

The reason I brought up the portion I did, was that it is almost upon us, is the senseless waste of fish, in the days ahead. I am almost thru compiling the data for my book on the Comet & related knowledge. Cayce never spoke of a Comet. He is but one of the many who have touched upon the future of the Mississippi River, that includes Native Americans. The Mayan Elders never stated that 2012 was the turning point. This was something Hollywood ran away with. It was the beginning of the 26 year cycle that there was to be turbulance. Compared to a child (as the Mayans saw it), as they hit about age 13, things sometimes go a little wild & sometimes do not stabilize as adults as late as age 26. So, in essence, turbulence begins in the 13th year(2025) & could last as far as the 26th year (2038). And in the past 10+ years, some have pinpointed 2038 as the culmination point indicated by the Great Pyramid. Anyways, I've been researching this since about 1985, just a few years less than the Catfish Calendar. So I've acquired well over a 5000 volume count personal library.

'Nuff said for the moment. Back to catfishing ... April posting of the calendar & info on the printed calendar coming up shortly, as it has been a full week on my end here.

Lynn
aka "Catfish"
Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: Holzer] #13953946 04/09/21 05:48 PM
G
Gary F Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
G
I love Bill Haley and the Comets

Gary
President, Texas Flat Earth Society

Blessed be Jesus, true God and true Man

That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,......... And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father. Phil 2 10-11

Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13961642 04/15/21 08:34 PM
W
Whistlebritches Offline
Angler
Angler
W
Just learning here,nothing to see

Last edited by Whistlebritches; 04/15/21 08:35 PM.

On Time,On Target,Never Quit
Re: New TPWD Catfish Regulations [Re: 🍀El Gato Azul🍀] #13961649 04/15/21 08:39 PM
W
Whistlebritches Offline
Angler
Angler
W
Originally Posted by 🌊El Gato Azul🌊
I have found that a 14 pound Blue is the ultimate in fish fry eating. The backstraps are cut to boneless "B"s or "8"s about 1" thick, battered & fried to perfection. Hot, dipped in ice cold Del Monte Ketchup.

I’d be willing to bet the house that if I had a plate of fried 15 lb blue and a plate of 5 lb fried Bluecat you you wouldn’t be able to tell what you were eating if I put a blindfold on you. It is the mindset like yours Lynn that TPWD is trying to overcome by educating the young anglers on the importance of conservation. With all the new anglers entering our sport I think your sending the wrong message by promoting the harvest of big Blues. It’s your opinion and you have every right to it but I disagree with it. I know I always take a beating on here when I bring up catfish conversation but if it helps save some big fish the so be it.

[color:#CCFFFF][/color]

"LIKE" or "TWO THUMBS UP".... whichever you prefer Sir

On Time,On Target,Never Quit
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide