texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 120,999
TexDawg 119,782
Bigbob_FTW 95,320
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,322
Mark Perry 72,484
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,873
Posts13,954,534
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: T Bird] #13944977 04/02/21 01:11 PM
Allison1 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
You guys don't even address the laws and want what you want for whatever reason.

Simple. Cause someone to die without reason and face the consequences. Or not.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: Allison1] #13944993 04/02/21 01:23 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Allison1
You guys don't even address the laws and want what you want for whatever reason.

Quit being so smug. Of course we addressed the law. The best case they have is for manslaughter. There is no way they get a murder conviction based on the text of the law. The manslaughter charge will come down to what killed him and did he follow procedure. You simply have a different opinion. That doesn't make you right in any way.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: Allison1] #13945002 04/02/21 01:29 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J

What policy did the department have in place for the circumstances that occurred? Do they have a policy in place that says what to do if someone resists arrest and appears to be in a state of intoxication? If so, what specifically does that policy say?

Maybe it says something like: "Intoxicated suspects who have resisted arrest should be restrained until medical assistance arrives. Acceptable means of restraint are: X,Y,Z, and knee to the neck holds."

If that's what the policy says, then Chauvin followed policy. The policy might be a BAD policy, but it was followed none-the-less.

I don't know what the policy says, if you do, please share it.

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: T Bird] #13945081 04/02/21 02:31 PM
a777pilot Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
The truth is that George Floyd died of a self inflicted drug overdose of Fentanyl.....two and one half times the lethal dose was in his system.

Do yourself a favor and look up the symptoms of a Fentanyl overdose.

Look! Up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. No, it's an EMP!

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: Allison1] #13945130 04/02/21 03:11 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

I think it's up to the jury to decide if he caused the death, not you. You should quit with the high and mighty act

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13945134 04/02/21 03:13 PM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW

Quit being so smug. Of course we addressed the law. The best case they have is for manslaughter. There is no way they get a murder conviction based on the text of the law. The manslaughter charge will come down to what killed him and did he follow procedure. You simply have a different opinion. That doesn't make you right in any way.

They jury can give the murder charge, just like the OJ trial where the juror said they let him go as revenge for Rodney King. The text of the law only matters to neutral parties, which was impossible in this case.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: Allison1] #13945144 04/02/21 03:20 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S

For sake of the argument, let’s assume it is that simple. Based on facts presented in the case, what was the indisputable cause of his death? Has it been established that Chauvin was the sole cause of his death?

If Chauvin would have done exactly what he did, and Floyd had no illegal substances in his system, would Floyd have died? If so, perhaps you are correct, but I haven’t seen that fact presented yet. My guess is, that will never be established in this case because of all the other factors that are already on record as contributing to his death. Ultimately, the case isn’t that simple.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13945180 04/02/21 03:47 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Its not that complicated Scott but you are trying to make it that way.
In this case when three officers have control over a perp and cause his death when they had all the tools available to them to not kill him, yes I think its murder and yes Chauvin should be found guilty. Of what I am not sure but I have not been that involved that I know what murder 2 or 3 is.

I posted earlier that its this simple. If you cause someone to become unconscious you then stop. The measures you applied that resulted in the person going out will likely cause his death.
Before you call me a cop hater, my brother is a retired cop, an investigator for a DA in Austin. My wife is an admin for a 700 man police/fire department.
Also reading this thread and I can tell you for a fact. Your attitude would not allow you to be a police officer.

All opinion. If it were so simple there would be no need for a trial. I know a cop so that makes me right. roflmao stick to the mail.

I thought you were taking the day off. How about making that for here too. Your brain obviously needs a rest as it is so little spread over so much.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: T Bird] #13945194 04/02/21 03:54 PM
J
Jpurdue Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
J
From what I just read, it sounds pretty clear that restraint policy was violated by Chauvin.

David Pleoger, a retired Minneapolis police officer, who at the time reviewed the case for use of force violations testified that restraint can be used only up to the point resistance stops. Once the resistances stops the restraint needs stop. He didn't seem bothered by the neck restraint, only the fact the use of force didn't stop when the resistance stopped.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...vin-trial-live-updates-day-5/7019237002/

"Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley." -A.L.

www.LunkerLore.com

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: Jpurdue] #13945200 04/02/21 04:00 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Jpurdue
From what I just read, it sounds pretty clear that restraint policy was violated by Chauvin.

David Pleoger, a retired Minneapolis police officer, who at the time reviewed the case for use of force violations testified that restraint can be used only up to the point resistance stops. Once the resistances stops the restraint needs stop. He didn't seem bothered by the neck restraint, only the fact the use of force didn't stop when the resistance stopped.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...vin-trial-live-updates-day-5/7019237002/

I respectfully disagree with your earlier post about the whole case boiling down to Chauvin’s actions relative to approved procedures. If he violated the restraint policy, then he’s guilty of violating the restraint policy. The case is about whether he caused Floyd’s death.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: donothin] #13945214 04/02/21 04:06 PM
F
Frenzy Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
Originally Posted by donothin
In this case when three officers have control over a perp and cause his death when they had all the tools available to them to not kill him, yes I think its murder and yes Chauvin should be found guilty. Of what I am not sure but I have not been that involved that I know what murder 2 or 3 is.

I posted earlier that its this simple. If you cause someone to become unconscious you then stop. The measures you applied that resulted in the person going out will likely cause his death.
Before you call me a cop hater, my brother is a retired cop, an investigator for a DA in Austin. My wife is an admin for a 700 man police/fire department.
Also reading this thread and I can tell you for a fact. Your attitude would not allow you to be a police officer.

All opinion. If it were so simple there would be no need for a trial. I know a cop so that makes me right. roflmao stick to the mail.

I thought you were taking the day off. How about making that for here too. Your brain obviously needs a rest as it is so little spread over so much.

Says the whacko who wished a recession on the country to get rid of the orange man.

Now on topic.....The officer clearly used excessive force and should face the consequences for it. But it is becoming more and more clear that it was not his actions that caused the death of the life long criminal George Floyd....the same man who held a gun to a pregnant women's stomach while his pals robbed her home.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: T Bird] #13945219 04/02/21 04:07 PM
T
Tommar Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
T

Ok, Alice. So if you cause someone to die you’re guilty. Got it.

What about the drug dealer who sold him enough for a fatal dose? Did he kill him?

What about George himself who consumed the fatal dose? Did he kill himself?

US Army and TXARNG 1984-2014
Gulf War 90-91
Iraq 2004-05
A'stan 2009
VFW Post Commander 2013-15
Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: donothin] #13945252 04/02/21 04:30 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by donothin

Hey karl!

[Linked Image]

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: T Bird] #13945262 04/02/21 04:43 PM
E
Emit R Detsaw Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Haven't watched the whole trial, nor probably seen all the video footage of the incident. Have they covered why they pulled him out of the squad car and put him on the ground? I would think that once they had him in the back of the car they would simply close the doors and it would have been over.

May you be treated the way you treat other people, today and everyday!

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: Emit R Detsaw] #13945264 04/02/21 04:44 PM
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by Emit R Detsaw
Haven't watched the whole trial, nor probably seen all the video footage of the incident. Have they covered why they pulled him out of the squad car and put him on the ground? I would think that once they had him in the back of the car they would simply close the doors and it would have been over.

Pretty sure they never got him fully inside.

Page 11 of 18 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide