Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: TTx] #13945086 04/02/21 02:34 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
Originally Posted by TTx
The issue is these threads are always 99% speculation. They are played out, and all follow the exact same structure.

We get it, Big O doesn't like MLF - there's plenty of threads identical to this to support that. Mark Jones agency works with MLF, indicating he is very well in the know of how they are performing at least in the engagement side of things. These threads are just exhausting. I don't care if you like MLF, BASS, TNPFL, pineapple on pizza, or black licorice -- what I don't understand is the need to devote so much energy to letting everyone know you dislike it.

Regardless, you can't evaluate a business based on their outward appearance. BASS was in some hot water some years back, but they aren't going to publicize that. Why would a company, especially a small company, show the public they're hurting? Not good for business. MLF also ran into some road blocks - which is why they have entry fees now - which were voted on by the anglers. Personally it's all irrelevant. I am a FAN of the sport, not an investor in these companies. I want them to succeed because I enjoy the content that both put out - and that's all 99% of us in this forum are...just common people who share an interest in fishing. Let MLF and BASS compete for your viewership, and watch whichever one you enjoy...or hell, watch both if you can and want. Who cares.

Good points. Unless your goal is to become a professional angler, most of this stuff does not matter. Most of us just want some entertaining and educational bass fishing when we are watching video or attending an event.

We used to attend and photograph a lot of BASS events, but we lost all interest after dealing with the Gestapo ESPN media relations people. Prior to ESPN, BASS was very welcoming to press and outside promotion of their events and organization. They used to put on dinners, give out swag and do all kinds of cool stuff for the media that made you want to support them. Elizabeth and I loved and miss visiting with Gerald Crawford. He was such a nice guy and so full of knowledge.

We used to always post tons of photos of the Elite events and Classic. They got a lot of free advertising here on the TFF and also purchased advertising from us. We haven't followed the events in a long time. Hopefully the new owners are a little easier to deal with than ESPN was. ESPN killed all the enjoyment we got from photographing BASS events.

Big O, you come across as fairly intelligent. Do yourself a favor and back off your tirade. Try becoming a contributor of positive content here rather than the constant negative [censored]. I'm sure you have a lot to offer other than your current obsession.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13945096 04/02/21 02:45 PM
E
ezbassin Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
E
Originally Posted by J.P. Greeson
[quote=TTx]The issue is these threads are always 99% speculation. They are played out, and all follow the exact same structure.

We get it, Big O doesn't like MLF - there's plenty of threads identical to this to support that.

Big O, you come across as fairly intelligent. Do yourself a favor and back off your tirade. Try becoming a contributor of positive content here rather than the constant negative [censored]. I'm sure you have a lot to offer other than your current obsession.

+1

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: grandbassslayer] #13945120 04/02/21 03:00 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
Originally Posted by 1442
If anyone here don't like BigO, then why don't you leave. Save yourself some stress.
BigO makes way more sense than most of y'all because y'all don't know what you're even talking about and
Mark Jones spelled out why you don't know earlier in this topic,
"Their sample size isn’t small, it’s the largest in the industry across TV, digital and events. MLF regularly shares key metrics and information with sponsors and partners that need the data. It’s not a mystery for those who need to know.

So... who knows really besides MJ and whoever else "needs" to know. I sure don't.

I do know that BASS has been advertising the Sabine River tournament heavy around here with TV commercials and billboard signs in all the towns around here, not just Orange. Even during the evening news broadcasts I've seen the advertisements on TV showing the attractions they have planned for the locals to come out and enjoy the several days of fun and festivities they are offering for anyone to come out too and enjoy for FREE.
It's not just a small street corner gig either. it will be several city blocks worth of stuff to do, including a carnival for the youngsters and lots of food vendors and local businesses with canopies and displays set up.
In the past they have had tournaments where highschool anglers who qualified got to fish a tournament in the boat with some of the pros who didn't advance to the final day and they weighed in on the big stage right before the pros weighed the final day.
They allow a lot of highschool anglers and youth to help with the weigh ins and they can interact with the pros and be a part of the show.
They also give away BASS memberships to some of the youngsters there. Not because they are desperate for members like I've seen stated here in these forums by BigO, BASS distracters or haters or whatever they are, but because they are BASS and that's what they do.
Come on down and see for yourselves and have some fun and see what a BASS tournament is like when the fans are involved and welcomed by the host.
It is special and I am thankfull that they are coming back here to fish the Sabine River system.

They give away subscriptions for free to meet circulation numbers promised to advertisers so it ain't all roses.

Where do you get that info? I have yet to see a free offer besides Bill Lowen giving a kid a membership which is quite different from what you claim

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13945123 04/02/21 03:00 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Do yourself a favor and back off your tirade. Try becoming a contributor of positive content here rather than the constant negative [censored]. I'm sure you have a lot to offer other than your current obsession.

Big O, listen to the janitor please, it's in your best interest...

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13945141 04/02/21 03:18 PM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
I'll also add this ... Big O, if you are in any way involved with BASS, this is one of the worst marketing decisions ever made. You are having the opposite effect you are working to achieve with most people on this forum.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: the skipper] #13945175 04/02/21 03:43 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by the skipper
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
If anyone here don't like BigO, then why don't you leave. Save yourself some stress.
BigO makes way more sense than most of y'all because y'all don't know what you're even talking about and
"Their sample size isn’t small, it’s the largest in the industry across TV, digital and events. MLF regularly shares key metrics and information with sponsors and partners that need the data. It’s not a mystery for those who need to know.

So... who knows really besides MJ and whoever else "needs" to know. I sure don't.

I do know that BASS has been advertising the Sabine River tournament heavy around here with TV commercials and billboard signs in all the towns around here, not just Orange. Even during the evening news broadcasts I've seen the advertisements on TV showing the attractions they have planned for the locals to come out and enjoy the several days of fun and festivities they are offering for anyone to come out too and enjoy for FREE.
It's not just a small street corner gig either. it will be several city blocks worth of stuff to do, including a carnival for the youngsters and lots of food vendors and local businesses with canopies and displays set up.
In the past they have had tournaments where highschool anglers who qualified got to fish a tournament in the boat with some of the pros who didn't advance to the final day and they weighed in on the big stage right before the pros weighed the final day.
They allow a lot of highschool anglers and youth to help with the weigh ins and they can interact with the pros and be a part of the show.
They also give away BASS memberships to some of the youngsters there. Not because they are desperate for members like I've seen stated here in these forums by BigO, BASS distracters or haters or whatever they are, but because they are BASS and that's what they do.
Come on down and see for yourselves and have some fun and see what a BASS tournament is like when the fans are involved and welcomed by the host.
It is special and I am thankfull that they are coming back here to fish the Sabine River system.

They give away subscriptions for free to meet circulation numbers promised to advertisers so it ain't all roses.

Where do you get that info? I have yet to see a free offer besides Bill Lowen giving a kid a membership which is quite different from what you claim

I get the magazine for free every month, says compliments of BPS, no way Johnny Morris is paying for those- if he is its greatly reduced.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13945309 04/02/21 05:45 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
I'll also add this ... Big O, if you are in any way involved with BASS, this is one of the worst marketing decisions ever made. You are having the opposite effect you are working to achieve with most people on this forum.

I figured you were loving all these pageviews! JK

But this is a very accurate statement. Look around Big O & Josh Seale....nobody is making threads bashing BASS. This is more about countering a few cyber "bullies" that want to constantly poke and slander MLF. The guys sticking up for MLF also support/watch BASS.

Big O's behavior has literally made me view BASS differently. If it comes out that he/she works for BASS in any way, that's a horrible look for them.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: criglizard] #13945335 04/02/21 06:18 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
Originally Posted by criglizard

I figured you were loving all these pageviews! JK

But this is a very accurate statement. Look around Big O & Josh Seale....nobody is making threads bashing BASS. This is more about countering a few cyber "bullies" that want to constantly poke and slander MLF. The guys sticking up for MLF also support/watch BASS.

Big O's behavior has literally made me view BASS differently. If it comes out that he/she works for BASS in any way, that's a horrible look for them.

Can they track his IP address?

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: J.P. Greeson] #13945352 04/02/21 06:35 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

This is not about bashing MLF or exposing the sinister truth behind the organization. This is about 13+ pages on every thread of agitating people because he knows it will. Just about every single post he has written has contained some negative dig in it towards MLF. Even when posting on a thread that has nothing to do with MLF he tries to hijack it and get s*** rolling.There are times his points seemed valid others just prove he is trolling. Personal example for me is when he claimed the cups were acted and directed. I asked why he thought that and as his answer he provided a pic of a Lucas Oil commercial featuring Rose and Montgomery. From that point forward zero credibility and personal proof enough for me he was a troll. As far as kicking him off the forum I don’t care one way or the other. Do it, don’t do it makes no difference to me.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Duck_Hunter] #13945392 04/02/21 07:07 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Duck_Hunter

Either you have Big O and Mark Jones mixed up, or I’m lost.

Bottom line is, Mark Jones has publicly disclosed his affiliation with MLF many times and speaks from a position of knowledge. No, that doesn’t mean he can disclose specific details, but at least his allegiance is known and he uses his real name. And he also doesn’t start 1,000 threads bashing the competitor. The difference is, he responds to Big O’s vague claims with first-hand knowledge (even though he can’t disclose proprietary facts) and doesn’t start threads that are anti-BASS.

Big O, meanwhile, starts many threads bashing MLF and posts in most, if not all MLF threads, with information that is 100% negative towards MLF. He’s either making it all up or he is affiliated in some way with the bass fishing world (former FLW angler, bass angler or somehow otherwise spurned by MLF) without disclosing his affiliation and also behind a moniker.

He might be right about all he posts. Maybe he’s somehow related to someone who was sorted by MLF. The difference is he’s doing it anomalously and with complete hatred without disclosing his sources or affiliation. It’s unnatural, unhealthy and, personally I think it’s silly. Right or wrong, just disclose his identity and then we can all be on the same page. My assumption is that Its too late to disclose his identity, because he’s said too much. If he comes clean, it would be the end of his career or damage whoever he is affiliated with. That’s the issue. Not that he bashes MLF, but that he does so repeatedly anonymously.

cheers

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13945394 04/02/21 07:15 PM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
this whole scenario reminds me of Brad on the bass fishing home page...he could start an argument on almost every topic....lot of good contributors got tired of arguing with him and left the forum....

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: 1442] #13945395 04/02/21 07:18 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

I gotta go to work now, It's gonna be my first day back in three weeks, so I'm real happy about that.
See y'all this evening.

Glad to hear you are heading back to work! cheers

Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: TTx] #13945396 04/02/21 07:19 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by TTx
The issue is these threads are always 99% speculation. They are played out, and all follow the exact same structure.

We get it, Big O doesn't like MLF - there's plenty of threads identical to this to support that. Mark Jones agency works with MLF, indicating he is very well in the know of how they are performing at least in the engagement side of things. These threads are just exhausting. I don't care if you like MLF, BASS, TNPFL, pineapple on pizza, or black licorice -- what I don't understand is the need to devote so much energy to letting everyone know you dislike it.

Regardless, you can't evaluate a business based on their outward appearance. BASS was in some hot water some years back, but they aren't going to publicize that. Why would a company, especially a small company, show the public they're hurting? Not good for business. MLF also ran into some road blocks - which is why they have entry fees now - which were voted on by the anglers. Personally it's all irrelevant. I am a FAN of the sport, not an investor in these companies. I want them to succeed because I enjoy the content that both put out - and that's all 99% of us in this forum are...just common people who share an interest in fishing. Let MLF and BASS compete for your viewership, and watch whichever one you enjoy...or hell, watch both if you can and want. Who cares.

cheers

Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13945438 04/02/21 08:20 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I think we can rule out Ott as one that is unhappy. [Linked Image]

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: SAKS] #13945440 04/02/21 08:27 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by SAKS

This is not about bashing MLF or exposing the sinister truth behind the organization. This is about 13+ pages on every thread of agitating people because he knows it will. Just about every single post he has written has contained some negative dig in it towards MLF. Even when posting on a thread that has nothing to do with MLF he tries to hijack it and get s*** rolling.There are times his points seemed valid others just prove he is trolling. Personal example for me is when he claimed the cups were acted and directed. I asked why he thought that and as his answer he provided a pic of a Lucas Oil commercial featuring Rose and Montgomery. From that point forward zero credibility and personal proof enough for me he was a troll. As far as kicking him off the forum I don’t care one way or the other. Do it, don’t do it makes no difference to me.

I sometimes try to present things in bite size portions to avoid going in thousand different directions like these threads always end up doing:

1.) Go here > https://majorleaguefishing.com/circuits/cups/results/ < and pick from the menus of events that’s happened over the past; you can go all the way back to when they first started them if you choose. Make note of some winners and top finishers in the events you looked at.

2.) Now, go here > http://www.bassfan.com/rankings.asp?archive=c < and find those winners and top finishers names in the world ranking list. Click on the names, and under the “tournaments finishes” tab under each name you’ve chosen, please try and find the record of their participation and placement in the “Cup events” you reviewed in step 1.

Post your findings here:

Again, I try to give people hints at what to look at that challenge their current way of looking at things. If you want to believe those events aren’t scripted and directed, that’s up to you.... but if those events aren’t being recorded in the world rankings, then please consider it’s likely not due to error of what’s being counted and how the rankings are calculated.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide