Print Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13943641 04/01/21 10:57 AM
tmd11111 Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
[Linked Image]

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: SAKS] #13943646 04/01/21 11:05 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by SAKS
Just read that MLF banned Berkleys max scent line of baits. Saw it on a Wired2Fish Facebook post
Guessing that was the major announcement Bassblaster was talking about.
O your dream of the MLF folding is still just a dream at this point.

Ya think? Have any of you taken out a calculator and figured out how that $800+k payout for BPT regular events is sustainable for MLF?

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13943710 04/01/21 12:31 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Just read that MLF banned Berkleys max scent line of baits. Saw it on a Wired2Fish Facebook post

Ya think? Have any of you taken out a calculator and figured out how that $800+k payout for BPT regular events is sustainable for MLF?

Wait, let me get this right. 50+ of your posts on here have been about them running off with money and now you've done a complete 180 and they're now overpaying and that's why they're not going to make it? roflmao

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Mark Jones] #13943796 04/01/21 01:24 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Wait, let me get this right. 50+ of your posts on here have been about them running off with money and now you've done a complete 180 and they're now overpaying and that's why they're not going to make it? roflmao

peep

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13943872 04/01/21 02:06 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
I have to say, that was probably one of the best advertising plug that Berkley prob has ever had.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13943886 04/01/21 02:23 PM
Bassmaster150 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I always find it entertaining reading the posts from Big O. He seems to have super insider information on the state of mind with the MLF pros as well as a deep understanding of the MLF financials which I am sure he has full access to. However I think we can all agree on the following:

1. MLF has the top anglers in the sport. I don't think this can be disputed. If you look at the list of winners of the Bassmaster Classic from 2001 - 2019 (which covers 18 years), 16 of the winners (some are multiple winners, I get it) all fish MLF. Ike is fishing nothing, and Jay Yelas is the only Classic winner to still be with BASS. If MLF was broken, or unsustainable, these guys would just jump back to BASS because if I am correct...if you wil AoY or Classic, you can get an exemption to the Elites. Even if they have to pay entry fees again, apparently they don't care as they haven't left.

2. Compare the rosters of the two circuits. I think we can all agree here that the only reason the majority of the people fishing the Elites are fishing the Elites right now is because all the talent left and went to MLF. Had those anglers chosen to stay in BASS, the majority of those fishing the Elites now would not even be there.

3. Go to basspro or any fishing taclkle store...the majority of the baits on the market carry the names of MLF pros.

4. Economic impact - I can agree with Big O based upon his Data that when an Elite tour stops at a place, they get like a million dollars injected into the economy. That is great for the local economy. That being said, MLF having their Lake Fork tourney broadcast on Discovery, Outdoor Channel, etc probably impacted the Lake Fork economy 10x the Million that the local BASS stop did simply because the exposure is 10x that having a "big stage" locally has.

Those are just a few points that I see. I happen to watch both and also like both. However, I feel that MLF has a better product right now, and they also have the Elite of the Elite anglers in the world fishing for them. Their organization is relatively new compared to BASS, but they have made a huge impact in only a few years. Time will tell who will win out in the end, but if I am a betting man, my money rides on MLF right now simply because they have the best talent in the world from an angling perspective, and BASS has the second tier and will for the forseeable future.

Character is who you are when nobody else is around.
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Bassmaster150] #13943890 04/01/21 02:27 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Bassmaster150
I always find it entertaining reading the posts from Big O. He seems to have super insider information on the state of mind with the MLF pros as well as a deep understanding of the MLF financials which I am sure he has full access to. However I think we can all agree on the following:

1. MLF has the top anglers in the sport. I don't think this can be disputed. If you look at the list of winners of the Bassmaster Classic from 2001 - 2019 (which covers 18 years), 16 of the winners (some are multiple winners, I get it) all fish MLF. Ike is fishing nothing, and Jay Yelas is the only Classic winner to still be with BASS. If MLF was broken, or unsustainable, these guys would just jump back to BASS because if I am correct...if you wil AoY or Classic, you can get an exemption to the Elites. Even if they have to pay entry fees again, apparently they don't care as they haven't left.

2. Compare the rosters of the two circuits. I think we can all agree here that the only reason the majority of the people fishing the Elites are fishing the Elites right now is because all the talent left and went to MLF. Had those anglers chosen to stay in BASS, the majority of those fishing the Elites now would not even be there.

3. Go to basspro or any fishing taclkle store...the majority of the baits on the market carry the names of MLF pros.

4. Economic impact - I can agree with Big O based upon his Data that when an Elite tour stops at a place, they get like a million dollars injected into the economy. That is great for the local economy. That being said, MLF having their Lake Fork tourney broadcast on Discovery, Outdoor Channel, etc probably impacted the Lake Fork economy 10x the Million that the local BASS stop did simply because the exposure is 10x that having a "big stage" locally has.

Those are just a few points that I see. I happen to watch both and also like both. However, I feel that MLF has a better product right now, and they also have the Elite of the Elite anglers in the world fishing for them. Their organization is relatively new compared to BASS, but they have made a huge impact in only a few years. Time will tell who will win out in the end, but if I am a betting man, my money rides on MLF right now simply because they have the best talent in the world from an angling perspective, and BASS has the second tier and will for the forseeable future.

Who built all those "names"?

And who will continue to build the names?

End of discussion.

Last edited by J.H.S.; 04/01/21 02:27 PM.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Bassmaster150] #13943898 04/01/21 02:33 PM
TTx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman

Some valid points. I think recognizing that both circuits have a place is healthy. If someone, say Big O, doesn't like a certain circuit - don't watch it. I enjoy them all, and heck - I'll even watch TNPFL if it's on because I just enjoy competitive fishing.

With that said, I don't necessarily share your opinion on point 2. A lot of MLF pros have fished opens in attempt to requalify, but it's really not that simple. A lot of the new blood in B.A.S.S. are absolute hammers, too. I would actually argue that the B.A.S.S Opens are the most difficult circuit to fish across the board. Opens typically have MLF, B.A.S.S., and your local sticks trying to jackpot the tournament. You have to do that each tournament and rank high enough to even get an invite to the Elite field. There are plenty of guys in the Elites right now that have every right to be there, but they just aren't known - YET. I could go on about some of these guys qualifying in the 1990s, and since the sport has grown 100x making it more flooded with talent, but I am not trying to spur an argument - just wanted to offer a different perspective on the talent.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: J.H.S.] #13943903 04/01/21 02:43 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted by J.H.S.

End of discussion.

The fisherman, by winning tournaments lmao.

John Miller
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13943909 04/01/21 02:47 PM
Bassmaster150 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Agree with UTDmiller. I am not bashing any circuit by any means. However, if those names left one organization for another en masse, there has to be an underlying reason. They haven't returned en masse, so they must believe in what they are doing. In a few years, this will all shake itself out.

Character is who you are when nobody else is around.
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: UTDmiller] #13943910 04/01/21 02:48 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by UTDmiller
Originally Posted by J.H.S.

End of discussion.

The fisherman, by winning tournaments lmao.

Agreed. The anglers build there own brand. I will give all the credit to BASS and FLW for giving them the platform to build that brand.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: SAKS] #13943911 04/01/21 02:50 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U

[/quote]

End of discussion. [/quote]

The fisherman, by winning tournaments lmao.[/quote]
Agreed. The anglers build there own brand. I will give all the credit to BASS and FLW for giving them the platform to build that brand.[/quote]

They were the 2 big shows in town at the Time, now MLF is there too. Bass and FLW made their brands off the best fisherman in the world too, kind of a two way street. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement

John Miller
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Bassmaster150] #13943912 04/01/21 02:52 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Agree with UTDmiller. I am not bashing any circuit by any means. However, if those names left one organization for another en masse, there has to be an underlying reason. They haven't returned en masse, so they must believe in what they are doing. In a few years, this will all shake itself out.

I think at some point yearly movement across all tours will be a common thing.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Mark Jones] #13943916 04/01/21 02:55 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

Not at all Mark; look at the title of the message and refer to post #1 and you’ll see it’s about speculating as to what could reportedly have a significant number of anglers at MLF upset. Since it was a money motivation that was the key driver to attract the majority of anglers over to MLF 3 years ago, and what we’ve seen since with departure of existing sponsors, lack of new sponsors, and the introduction of entry fees, which I remind you, “no entry fees” was the most prominent of all MLF talking points for year 1&2; it’s only logical to look at the MLF financial picture and see if that is something that could be injecting disgruntlement into their league. After all, money is the key driver in all of this. Can you reconcile how expenses for a tournament that publishes a base payout that comes at a cost of over $10k per participant is covered considering the appearance of minimal sponsorship support and extremely low entry fees by the anglers? Maybe the billionaires in the ownership that are covering the costs of those tournaments and daily operations, anything is possible.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13943917 04/01/21 02:55 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
"They were the 2 big shows in town at the Time, now MLF is there too. Bass and FLW made their brands off the best fisherman in the world too, kind of a two way street. It was a mutually beneficial arrangement"

Much better description. I totally agree.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide