texasfishingforum.com logo
Main Menu
Advertisement
Affiliates
Advertisement
Newest Members
Cameron Gose, Jetskirentals512, Flashin Assassin Lures, SoonerTex0623, Bobby J.
119181 Registered Users
Top Posters(All Time)
hopalong 121,013
TexDawg 119,783
Bigbob_FTW 95,321
John175☮ 85,918
Pilothawk 83,274
Bob Davis 82,326
Mark Perry 72,486
Derek 🐝 68,321
JDavis7873 67,416
Forum Statistics
Forums59
Topics1,038,881
Posts13,954,738
Members144,181
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: steveiam] #13942573 03/31/21 12:59 PM
921 Phoenix Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by steveiam
Originally Posted by donothin
Resisted while handcuffed with two other cops holding him down. Chauvin is guilty, if not of murder then manslaughter. He should do time. For the sake of the good cops, his action should not be tolerated.

Good people know that resisting arrest EVEN while in handcuffs is still wrong, and could possibly result in a knee to your back-

I can see how you wouldn’t get that though-

Only good people will understand your logic, has nothing to do with whether you are handcuffed. You can still kick, bite, or even run. Ignorant people don’t get it, stopped breaking the law and then resisting arrest

Last edited by 921 Phoenix; 03/31/21 09:04 PM.
Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: banker-always fishing] #13942584 03/31/21 01:06 PM
L
Laker One Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
L
Originally Posted by banker-always fishing
And you wonder why there is a NATIONAL SHORTAGE of Police officers. No one wants to do the job anymore. Also police retirements are at all time highs with no one to fill the positions. Oh yea crime is on the rise and is even at all time highs in some areas . eeks

Side Note: Also proactive Police Officers are becoming a thing of the past! Bad for the public and great for the criminal! taz

You are 100 percent right. The city I live in has a about a 40 man department. There are 8 openings right now. They are 8 officers under staffed. The larger city of San Antonio has a lot of openings also. I was told that mandatory overtime is in place both in San Antonio and the Bexar Co. Sheriffs Department. Multiple openings in both agencies not to mention record retirements. Police Officers have taken a beating by the left wing liberal press and the democratic party. It all started under Barrack Hussein Obama's watch. Without your local and state law enforcement agencies you will have a Federal type of law enforcement taking over. Liberals and the democratic party would love this.

Side Note: The local news channels are having a field day covering all of the murders and shootings that have been on the rise! It is getting a lot more dangerous out there.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: donothin] #13942775 03/31/21 03:32 PM
B
Bad93ex Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Resisted while handcuffed with two other cops holding him down. Chauvin is guilty, if not of murder then manslaughter. He should do time. For the sake of the good cops, his action should not be tolerated.

If only they had sent a social worker...

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: V-Bottom] #13943088 03/31/21 07:52 PM
1oldbassguy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Originally Posted by V-Bottom
Crime does Pay....i.e. $27M

George Floyd was a worthless criminal , take a look at the picture woman in Houston that he beat and held a gun to her ( she was pregnant ) while he robbed their house .
He had 4 TIMES a lethal does of fentanyl in his system . The police officer was doing EXACTLY as trained .
One thing is for sure , his family members ( that didn't want anything to do with him prior ) will be moving out of the HOOD and into a nice " white " neighborhood where this type of violence occurs less .
Kinda reminds me of that comedy in the 70 's , "Good Times " , " were moving on up , to the east side , we finally got our piece of the sky " !!!

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: 1oldbassguy] #13943097 03/31/21 08:00 PM
S
Sawhorse Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

George Floyd was a worthless criminal , take a look at the picture woman in Houston that he beat and held a gun to her ( she was pregnant ) while he robbed their house .
He had 4 TIMES a lethal does of fentanyl in his system . The police officer was doing EXACTLY as trained .
One thing is for sure , his family members ( that didn't want anything to do with him prior ) will be moving out of the HOOD and into a nice " white " neighborhood where this type of violence occurs less .
Kinda reminds me of that comedy in the 70 's , "Good Times " , " were moving on up , to the east side , we finally got our piece of the sky " !!!

That may read kind of borderline racist, but not my purpose here. I just want to stand up for songwriters. That last lyric is “piece of the pie“, not “sky”.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: Sawhorse] #13943128 03/31/21 08:49 PM
Caymas Cx 21 Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Originally Posted by Sawhorse
Originally Posted by 1oldbassguy

That may read kind of borderline racist, but not my purpose here. I just want to stand up for songwriters. That last lyric is “piece of the pie“, not “sky”.

I thought those lyrics was from The Jefferson’s?

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: steveiam] #13943137 03/31/21 08:57 PM
F
fishslime Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
F

Good people know that resisting arrest EVEN while in handcuffs is still wrong, and could possibly result in a knee to your back-

steveweain't. He didn't deserve to die over a $20 bill. This cop deserves and will get jail time. He's an embarrassment to the profession.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: fishslime] #13943144 03/31/21 09:01 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by fishslime

steveweain't. He didn't deserve to die over a $20 bill. This cop deserves and will get jail time. He's an embarrassment to the profession.

he didn't die for 20 dollars, he died from a drug overdose and resisting arrest. He is and was a thug drug head. That die from his decisions. liberals always try and blame someone else for their bad decisions. you are no different

Last edited by 921 Phoenix; 03/31/21 09:07 PM.
Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: T Bird] #13943145 03/31/21 09:03 PM
donothin Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
Watched more of the testimony today. Pretty compelling evidence presented. The nine minute film shows no resistance. He was inside the car, they took him out and placed him on the ground and proceeded for 9 plus minutes with a knee on his neck, him saying he could not breathe with witnesses. Based on what has been shown so far and the defense, Chauvin should at a minimum be placed on the asphalt payment, with a knee pressed hard on his neck for 9 minutes. Incidentally there are some of his colleagues testifying against him. The only way to gain respect for police departments is to deal with the bad actors.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: donothin] #13943153 03/31/21 09:06 PM
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
Watched more of the testimony today. Pretty compelling evidence presented. The nine minute film shows no resistance. He was inside the car, they took him out and placed him on the ground and proceeded for 9 plus minutes with a knee on his neck, him saying he could not breathe with witnesses. Based on what has been shown so far and the defense, Chauvin should at a minimum be placed on the asphalt payment, with a knee pressed hard on his neck for 9 minutes. Incidentally there are some of his colleagues testifying against him. The only way to gain respect for police departments is to deal with the bad actors.

Chauvin should be given a metal and good riddance. There was plenty of youtube videos showing his resistance before they put him in their car. Then he resisted to get back out of the car which is why they took him down, after he fought to get back out of the car. good grief do you ever tell the truth.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: T Bird] #13943155 03/31/21 09:09 PM
H
HasBen Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
H
If you cannot breathe, wouldn't it be difficult to keep yelling that "I can't breathe"?

"Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eyewitness."-Mark Twain
Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: T Bird] #13943176 03/31/21 09:21 PM
C
COFF Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
C
Unless I am mistaken, right now we are only seeing the prosecution's side of the story. So of course it is going to appear compelling, and look bad for Chauvin.

Tune in next week and I'm sure it will be a different vibe altogether. My guess is that the medical facts of the case will prove that Floyd was going to die that day because of his drug overdose. Unfortunately for him, his actions put himself into police custody, then subsequent actions put him onto the pavement where he had to be physically restrained as he passed away from his drug overdose.

What really should be on trial here is the training and tactics of the police department.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: 1956Zebco] #13943177 03/31/21 09:21 PM
U
uncle_bagster Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
U
Originally Posted by 1956Zebco
My father was Chief Of Police from 1948-54 - also a heavyweight boxer. He would walk up to the thug and simply knock them out. It definitely got the attention of the criminal community in a good way. Very peaceful.

No one killed to my knowledge.

I remember when the cops used a lead sap. One flick of the wrist and the bad guy was out of it.

Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: 921 Phoenix] #13943188 03/31/21 09:32 PM
CaptainCrunch Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Phoenix 921 - Chauvin should be given a metal and good riddance. There was plenty of youtube videos showing his resistance before they put him in their car. Then he resisted to get back out of the car which is why they took him down, after he fought to get back out of the car. good grief do you ever tell the truth.[/quote]

Are you suggesting that it should be legal to execute anyone that resists the police?

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 03/31/21 09:33 PM.
Re: George Floyd Trail [Re: T Bird] #13943189 03/31/21 09:33 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Yep. Very early into this. The modern oj trial.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Page 5 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 17 18
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide