Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Chris B] #13942151 03/30/21 10:25 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
From today's Bass Blaster

2. Y'all know I don't do rumors unless they pretty much aren't rumors – they just haven't been announced yet if you know what I mean. Well, word is there's gonna be a HIGHLY controversial MLF announcement in the next couple days about rules – maybe involving a bait or baits??

No more jerkbaits or dropshots please.

All fish caught using forward facing sonar must be hooked in the mouth.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: grout-scout] #13942161 03/30/21 10:32 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by grout-scout
Originally Posted by Chris B
Originally Posted by Monty Wright
From today's Bass Blaster

2. Y'all know I don't do rumors unless they pretty much aren't rumors – they just haven't been announced yet if you know what I mean. Well, word is there's gonna be a HIGHLY controversial MLF announcement in the next couple days about rules – maybe involving a bait or baits??

No more jerkbaits or dropshots please.

I’ll take “what is the Alabama rig for $100”, Alex...

I can’t ever remember anyone using an A-Rig. Do they allow it on BPT.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13942167 03/30/21 10:37 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
I think it has finally sunk in for the majority of them that they were severely misled back at the end of 2018 with the grandiose promises of having no entry fees, higher payouts, and them possibly becoming reality TV movie stars; and they are exiting the denial stage and are now entering the anger phase. MLF is showing outwardly signs of a rapidly weakening business considering their reliance on sponsorship monies, and visible lack there of. The anglers are becoming increasingly sensitive to all the changes and it’s obvious the crack in their secrecy bubble is getting larger.

Last edited by Big O Florida; 03/30/21 10:39 PM.
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13942181 03/30/21 10:59 PM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
I think it has finally sunk in for the majority of them that they were severely misled back at the end of 2018 with the grandiose promises of having no entry fees, higher payouts, and them possibly becoming reality TV movie stars; and they are exiting the denial stage and are now entering the anger phase. MLF is showing outwardly signs of a rapidly weakening business considering their reliance on sponsorship monies, and visible lack there of. The anglers are becoming increasingly sensitive to all the changes and it’s obvious the crack in their secrecy bubble is getting larger.

At this point we’re down to just enough Pro Tours that having MLF exist is better for Pro’s than to have it fail. If they sold it would you change your view or animosity towards the tours existence?

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13942185 03/30/21 11:05 PM
T
the skipper Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
T
Just my opinion, the bpt is splitting. I also think they will revert back to a system like they used to have in the selects and cups and the bpt will fall into the FLW tour. I have no rumor ar anything to back that up, it's just my guess. Basically, based on the changes. Just like the platinum trail that killed itself changing midstream doesnt sit well with anglers usually and theyve made a lot of changes. The nature of that is just going to divide them up.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: TxBazzn] #13942191 03/30/21 11:24 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by TxBazzn

At this point we’re down to just enough Pro Tours that having MLF exist is better for Pro’s than to have it fail. If they sold it would you change your view or animosity towards the tours existence?

I don’t see how having a group of people who have shown to be bad actors, and acting in bad faith in such a small industry is better for the pros if they continue to exist. FLW is collateral damage, but could be restored under the right ownership, but that wouldn’t happen over night. Right now, it’s just another run of the mill multi level league out there with no proper direction or line of advancement. The former FLW pro circuit has clearly been relegated to AAA status and is now without a AOY award that is of any relevance. What’s interesting is somehow finishes coming out of that circuit is still being recorded on angler records, despite BassFan’s published methodology of excluding AAA circuits such as the Bassmasters Opens. The only reason I can think of why it’s still being considered pro for rankings purposes is because BassFan is owned by the same that is majority owner of MLF. Nature has a way of cleansing itself.. it may take time, but eventually nature will take its toll on MLF and clean up the mess left in its wake.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: grout-scout] #13942198 03/30/21 11:33 PM
Neal G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by grout-scout
I think Luke is Big O and I have thought that for months...How else could both always know so much about bpt.

Big O is old, Luke is not

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13942199 03/30/21 11:35 PM
Neal G Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
I think there are a lot of indicators visible that what Luke reports is probably more accurate than not. If the general observer and bass angling fan can see things then I can imagine the anglers involved know a lot more about what’s going on and being said. I found it interesting he said “FLW 2.0” more than once... my guess is that BPT and perhaps the Cups goes away completely and the old FLW is going to be the only thing remaining.

They haven’t published a entry fee and payout schedule for BPT, the old published process and structure for line of advancement/demotion in and out of BPT is obviously void because it wasn’t followed for the 2021 season and nothing has been published as a replacement. There is strong rumors that JM will be pulling the Bass Pro Shops endorsement at end of current contract. I think Luke probably knows way more than he leads on that he does.

FLW 2.0 is not a new term. It was created when BPT was formed because of their initial handling of sponsors and limiting which brand boats could be run at the time.
Obviously Boyd and Johnny had a divorce which is good because both are bad.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13942213 03/30/21 11:48 PM
F
Fishspanker Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
F
I think the BPT / FLW / MLF gets smaller. Big money wants more big money. It’s just not in tournament bass fishing like it is in other sports. Relatively few people care about tournament bass fishing.

Quite a few unhappy but that’s pretty much been the case forever. It’s never going to be money like golf. Tough way to make a living.

Last edited by Fishspanker; 03/30/21 11:53 PM.

The Sheep who only fears the Wolf is eaten by the Shepherd.
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13942255 03/31/21 12:19 AM
B
beartrap Online Content
TFF Celebrity
Online Content
TFF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted by Fishspanker
I think the BPT / FLW / MLF gets smaller. Big money wants more big money. It’s just not in tournament bass fishing like it is in other sports. Relatively few people care about tournament bass fishing.

Quite a few unhappy but that’s pretty much been the case forever. It’s never going to be money like golf. Tough way to make a living.

throughout the south,high school fishing is growing tremendously and participation has already far exceeded golf participation.....it stands to reason the parents and relatives of these kids are going to become fans of the sport....MLF with their acquisition of FLW has proved a tournament trail for high schoolers,college kids,beginning fishermen (Phoenix boat trail) plus tackle warehouse and toyota series of tounys....success in those trails will earn you a spot BPT and national TV exposure....
BASS has already tried to imitate MLF with their Fox sports coverage so it appears they are beginning to believe the future is going to be watching fishermen catch fish instead of walking across the stage and dumping fish on the scales...

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: beartrap] #13942300 03/31/21 01:11 AM
TxBazzn Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by beartrap

throughout the south,high school fishing is growing tremendously and participation has already far exceeded golf participation.....it stands to reason the parents and relatives of these kids are going to become fans of the sport....MLF with their acquisition of FLW has proved a tournament trail for high schoolers,college kids,beginning fishermen (Phoenix boat trail) plus tackle warehouse and toyota series of tounys....success in those trails will earn you a spot BPT and national TV exposure....
BASS has already tried to imitate MLF with their Fox sports coverage so it appears they are beginning to believe the future is going to be watching fishermen catch fish instead of walking across the stage and dumping fish on the scales...

LOL, stop. Bass fishing will never be Golf.
And....BASS has High School, College, and Amateur (BassNation, Opens, Team Series) paths to the Elites and National Tv exposure. All of which are bigger than MLF/FLW versions. No MLF program is broadcast live on TV like BASS is on FoxSports. MLF online show and studio host setup copied BASS Live if anything.

And those High School tournaments. Are they 5 fish or every fish?

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13942429 03/31/21 03:22 AM
G
grandbassslayer Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
G

I don’t see how having a group of people who have shown to be bad actors, and acting in bad faith in such a small industry is better for the pros if they continue to exist. FLW is collateral damage, but could be restored under the right ownership, but that wouldn’t happen over night. Right now, it’s just another run of the mill multi level league out there with no proper direction or line of advancement. The former FLW pro circuit has clearly been relegated to AAA status and is now without a AOY award that is of any relevance. What’s interesting is somehow finishes coming out of that circuit is still being recorded on angler records, despite BassFan’s published methodology of excluding AAA circuits such as the Bassmasters Opens. The only reason I can think of why it’s still being considered pro for rankings purposes is because BassFan is owned by the same that is majority owner of MLF. Nature has a way of cleansing itself.. it may take time, but eventually nature will take its toll on MLF and clean up the mess left in its wake.

You are so full of [censored].

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: SAKS] #13942438 03/31/21 03:38 AM
S
SC-001 Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
S
Originally Posted by SAKS

I can’t ever remember anyone using an A-Rig. Do they allow it on BPT.

Not since the BPT started, back in the Cup only days they did allow it.

Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: Big O Florida] #13942490 03/31/21 10:57 AM
J
J.P. Greeson Offline
the janitor
the janitor
J
When I am buying something that requires me to deal with a salesperson, and part of the sales person's pitch is to bash his competitor, he has lost my trust. Let your product shine and focus on the good your company and product have to offer. I can't trust a guy who spends all his time bashing his competitor.

The solution to any problem - work, love, money, whatever - is to go fishing, and the worse the problem, the longer the trip should be. --John Gierach

[Linked Image]
Re: Unhappy MLF Pro’s? [Re: TxBazzn] #13942495 03/31/21 11:12 AM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by beartrap

LOL, stop. Bass fishing will never be Golf.
And....BASS has High School, College, and Amateur (BassNation, Opens, Team Series) paths to the Elites and National Tv exposure. All of which are bigger than MLF/FLW versions. No MLF program is broadcast live on TV like BASS is on FoxSports. MLF online show and studio host setup copied BASS Live if anything.

And those High School tournaments. Are they 5 fish or every fish?

Almost have to sympathize with him. My guess is beartrap has been tasked by somebody with repeatedly reciting individual talking points selectively picked from a poorly written pitch deck that someone in MLF’s 3rd rate marketing dept. produced. Some of the stuff he recites is nothing more than marketing bling that has no foundation of truth behind it, if put into a comparison with BASS context. I always have a good laugh when he reminds people of MLF TV air time, it’s almost as if he thinks it’s a positive thing for people’s attention to be drawn to the fact all MLF TV time is of events that were conducted “MANY MONTHS AFTER THE FACT” on a little watched back channel on the cable providers menus.

Page 3 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 14 15
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide