Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Fish Killer] #13939566 03/28/21 07:39 PM
R
Ranger 188 Offline
Angler
Angler
R
Here’s my two cents worth on Josh.....

•The man is DRIVEN, almost possessed when it comes to catching large crappie or bass. I admire that, I’d love
to hang out with him or spend a day on the water with him.

•I can’t figure out why people hate on him, they don’t even know him. He ain’t the first guy, whose experienced his
degree of success, to have word “cheater” thrown at him. I’ll chalk that up to cancel culture. Leave him alone.

•Let’s stop with the fake claims and unfounded accusations unless you’ve got some proof. Quit trying to make
something out of nothing and stop trying to stir the pot.

•Let’s give the guy the credit he deserves, he’s caught more trophy bass in a three week period than the whole FLW
and MLF rosters combined have caught all year. My hats off to him. Keep up the good work Josh.

Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Ken Gaby] #13939604 03/28/21 08:13 PM
banker-always fishing Offline
Pumpkin Head
Pumpkin Head
Originally Posted by Ken Gaby
The ban had nothing to do with cheating or winning. Bad mouthing sponsors and getting in an argument with a competitor/sponsor while in a weigh in line can be detrimental to your career. People running these tournament trails work very hard to get sponsors on board with money. Sometimes speaking your mind too loud can be a problem. We're all free to speak but tournament directors are also free to ask us not to come back.

Got a feeling that this might be "spot on" ! Seems logical to me. thumb

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: bockscar] #13939704 03/28/21 10:08 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Originally Posted by bockscar
Originally Posted by fishin'aholic2
Josh is humble? roflmao Guy is definitely not that. That's where my dislike of the guy comes from. Confidence is one thing but being a you know what is another thing. Give most guys the resources and time he has and it is not hard to duplicate his success. I can guarantee that his ban has nothing to do with his dominance.

Isnt that what happened in the crappie tourney he just won? Ive heard the second place dudes an absolute hammer and overall outdoor hammer...but Josh won.

Him dominating made more sense to me then him cheating...but the sponsor mudslinging makes more sense to me than him dominating. i dont have any insights at all and just try and view things objectively...and the sponsor thing makes the most sense to me. The dominance thing made sense to me because I heard Mike Long was banned due to rumors (which ended up being true of course) when he was dominating the tourney trail. The cheating thing didnt make sense to me because we all know how social media is, and I feel he wouldve been outted by now by someone fully exposing him...especially with his recent success. For whatever reason nowadays, the worst in peoples past tends to come out when they are doing there best...so that Ivie run he made wouldve been prime time for outting him...and it never happened.

He should just come out and say it...but i guess hes going by the "if you dont got nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all" mantra

I don't knock the guys ability at all. I also never said anything about him cheating. I just think that his attitude had a lot to do with him being banned.

Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Ranger 188] #13939837 03/29/21 12:09 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by Ranger 188
Here’s my two cents worth on Josh.....

•The man is DRIVEN, almost possessed when it comes to catching large crappie or bass. I admire that, I’d love
to hang out with him or spend a day on the water with him.

•I can’t figure out why people hate on him, they don’t even know him. He ain’t the first guy, whose experienced his
degree of success, to have word “cheater” thrown at him. I’ll chalk that up to cancel culture. Leave him alone.

•Let’s stop with the fake claims and unfounded accusations unless you’ve got some proof. Quit trying to make
something out of nothing and stop trying to stir the pot.

•Let’s give the guy the credit he deserves, he’s caught more trophy bass in a three week period than the whole FLW
and MLF rosters combined have caught all year. My hats off to him. Keep up the good work Josh.

He’s caught more trophy bass ??!! I thought this is the crappie page. JS
OMG

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Fish Killer] #13939946 03/29/21 01:32 AM
Rangerkev Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
I'm still waiting on Riverrat to show his evidence about what he said. Or does he just throw out comments without any proof or explanation.

Rangerkev
Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: KidKrappie] #13939967 03/29/21 01:46 AM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by bockscar
Josh is humble? roflmao Guy is definitely not that. That's where my dislike of the guy comes from. Confidence is one thing but being a you know what is another thing. Give most guys the resources and time he has and it is not hard to duplicate his success. I can guarantee that his ban has nothing to do with his dominance.

Isnt that what happened in the crappie tourney he just won? Ive heard the second place dudes an absolute hammer and overall outdoor hammer...but Josh won.

Him dominating made more sense to me then him cheating...but the sponsor mudslinging makes more sense to me than him dominating. i dont have any insights at all and just try and view things objectively...and the sponsor thing makes the most sense to me. The dominance thing made sense to me because I heard Mike Long was banned due to rumors (which ended up being true of course) when he was dominating the tourney trail. The cheating thing didnt make sense to me because we all know how social media is, and I feel he wouldve been outted by now by someone fully exposing him...especially with his recent success. For whatever reason nowadays, the worst in peoples past tends to come out when they are doing there best...so that Ivie run he made wouldve been prime time for outting him...and it never happened.

He should just come out and say it...but i guess hes going by the "if you dont got nothing nice to say, dont say anything at all" mantra

I don't knock the guys ability at all. I also never said anything about him cheating. I just think that his attitude had a lot to do with him being banned.

yea that wasnt everyone, just a few. I was more referring to the "give most guys the resources and time he has and its not hard to duplicate his succes" part of your reply. The guys that finished second to him look to have won lots of money crappie fishing, and I may be wrong but im assuming they got the same resources as him....not sure on time but if they are making lots of money crappie fishing figure they got similar time. Im sure the rest of the top 10-20 and maybe more all had livescope since I hear its taken over the crappie world too.

But josh and his partner still beat out that field. I just really dont get the hate is all...especially when it seems like the only "bad" thing he has done is catch some big bass that made locals salty he was able to drop in on their home water and dominate. I dont know the whole story tho....but the sponsor thing makes sense. And if he was talking [censored] about a sponsor....that is an attitude issue in my opinion. You dont gotta air out your laundry in public and its sounding like he did...not the smartest business decision....for anyone involved. So i do agree...his attitude probably is what did him in if that sponsor situation is true, the way it looks to be.

Last edited by bockscar; 03/29/21 01:47 AM.
Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Fish Killer] #13940011 03/29/21 02:07 AM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
American Crappie Trail just finished their National Championship on the Alabama River 3-25-27. Josh Jones and Josh Reynolds were leading the AOY points race. They won the championship and AOY. About $65,000+ in first place winnings. He's still fishing crappie tournaments.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Fish Killer] #13940014 03/29/21 02:09 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
popcorn

Don't believe everything you hear and half of what you see . Living for the Thump !!
Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Ken Gaby] #13940015 03/29/21 02:10 AM
J
jig master Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
American Crappie Trail just finished their National Championship on the Alabama River 3-25-27. Josh Jones and Josh Reynolds were leading the AOY points race. They won the championship and AOY. About $65,000+ in first place winnings. He's still fishing crappie tournaments.

pollo

Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Ken Gaby] #13940021 03/29/21 02:13 AM
D
DOFC Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
D
The ban had nothing to do with cheating or winning. Bad mouthing sponsors and getting in an argument with a competitor/sponsor while in a weigh in line can be detrimental to your career. People running these tournament trails work very hard to get sponsors on board with money. Sometimes speaking your mind too loud can be a problem. We're all free to speak but tournament directors are also free to ask us not to come back.

Ken hit the nail on the head. He and a couple of other prominent fishermen were warned privately and then taken aside and warned again about talking BS in the weigh in line. The others complied but apparently not Mr. Big Fish.

Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: bockscar] #13940266 03/29/21 12:58 PM
K
KidKrappie Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
K
Bockscar, What I meant by his resources was he was the first person to have and fish with livescope. Josh was working with garmin on it way before it was made available to the public. I remember because he was hyping it up. That is an advantage that most do not have. Give most people the time to use and get familiar with livescope (way before anyone else) and the ability to fish and use it full time and the results would be similar IMO.

Last edited by fishin'aholic2; 03/29/21 01:04 PM.
Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: KidKrappie] #13940485 03/29/21 03:22 PM
S
Slewfoot Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
S
He's an absolute stud with LS! We've beat him some but it's been a while. Getting better every year though. Folks that can cull a 1.50 without dropping on it to find a 2.20 while other folks are fishing for the 1.50 are way ahead of most. Cool to see weights increasing every year though for the most part. Folks are getting dialed in! thumb

Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Fish Killer] #13941195 03/30/21 01:36 AM
Rangerkev Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
My problem are the haters that have never met him or talked to him. They just go with 3rd hand info and make comments without anything to back it up with. Why can't we just be happy for guys on here that do well. Is there 1 person on this forum that Josh has done wrong. I don't care if he invented the live scope. You still have to catch fish. Are the inventors of other graphs winning Championships. This world has enough hate outside on the concrete. Let's not spread it to the great outdoors.

Rangerkev
Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Rangerkev] #13941224 03/30/21 01:57 AM
O
Outfitter Nomore Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
O
Originally Posted by Rangerkev
My problem are the haters that have never met him or talked to him. They just go with 3rd hand info and make comments without anything to back it up with. Why can't we just be happy for guys on here that do well. Is there 1 person on this forum that Josh has done wrong. I don't care if he invented the live scope. You still have to catch fish. Are the inventors of other graphs winning Championships. This world has enough hate outside on the concrete. Let's not spread it to the great outdoors.

Amen Brother

Re: What happens with Josh Jones? [Re: Fish Killer] #13941304 03/30/21 03:11 AM
K
Ken Gaby Online Content
TFF Team Angler
Online Content
TFF Team Angler
K
I've talked to Josh a couple times at Fork. First time about 3 yrs ago asking about LS after a pre-fish day. He was free with info explaining how things worked. Also free with fishing info. Nothing but a pleasant conversation.

At a funeral several yrs ago for a very good friend of mine, his brother was giving the eulogy and said one of the great attributes his brother had was knowing what not to say.
A lesson that it took me far too many years to learn.

A life without God is like an unsharpened pencil, it has no point. Billy Graham
www.thermoclinelures.com "Helping YOU catch MORE & LARGER fish!"
http://www.crazyanglertackle.com Premium crappie baits and jig tying accessories
http://www.proanglertackle.com Best crappie and catfish rods/reels
http://www.beereadys.com World's Best Rod Holders
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide