Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Bigbob_FTW] #13939121 03/28/21 01:26 PM
lanman71 Online Confused
Maroon!
Online Confused
Maroon!
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by Flippin-Out
Originally Posted by 21xs Elite
Comments on Facebook in support of the criminal was disgusting. I’ll not go into detail but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

We've got at least one member here "praying for all involved" - which I take to be for the suspect as well. At some point (such as this) I think it would be considered acceptable to switch plans on wishes for the suspect.

Pretty ridiculous assumption on your part.

Screen name is appropriate at least.

What a maroon!
Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: lanman71] #13939150 03/28/21 01:47 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Originally Posted by lanman71
Originally Posted by Bigbob_FTW
Originally Posted by 21xs Elite
Comments on Facebook in support of the criminal was disgusting. I’ll not go into detail but it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure it out.

We've got at least one member here "praying for all involved" - which I take to be for the suspect as well. At some point (such as this) I think it would be considered acceptable to switch plans on wishes for the suspect.

Pretty ridiculous assumption on your part.

Screen name is appropriate at least.

Yep. Smh.

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Monty Wright] #13939176 03/28/21 02:15 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
I'm not sure what you consider "appropriate" related to my screen name. The person to be questioned would be one who has compassion for a POS criminal who shot a trooper - apparently in the face, or at least the head. Since I'm not sure of your reading comprehension skills, do you two who think I've (apparently) "flipped out" think the criminal deserved any compassion? I say deserved in past tense in the hopes he's already dead as at least one post stated.

SMH over what, exactly? If I were "SMH" over something, it would be why anyone would pray for a low-life gone too far who's train has already left the station based on the heinous deed he committed.

UPDATE: I noticed you never replied to my statement quoting a post that said "ALL INVOLVED" and asked how you consider I made an "assumption" given the definition of the word "ALL". I did not assume, I comprehended.

Last edited by Flippin-Out; 03/28/21 02:27 PM.
Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Monty Wright] #13939239 03/28/21 02:51 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Can we agree that the deceased probably has a mom, dad, siblings, grandparents? Can we pray for them as Christians because they didn't commit a crime or anything???

I saw all of the Facebook comments too..... I did, in fact capture every one of them for study. AA and Hispanic younger people making comments indicating that the 24/7 news cycle of an almost completely false narrative has done it's job.....very sad. MJ

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: txmasterpo] #13939310 03/28/21 03:37 PM
F
Flippin-Out Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
F
Originally Posted by txmasterpo
Can we agree that the deceased probably has a mom, dad, siblings, grandparents? Can we pray for them as Christians because they didn't commit a crime or anything???

I saw all of the Facebook comments too..... I did, in fact capture every one of them for study. AA and Hispanic younger people making comments indicating that the 24/7 news cycle of an almost completely false narrative has done it's job.....very sad. MJ

I'd say nope; quite some time back I ran out of compassion on this carp that keeps happening over and over and over. Maybe the mom (hard to include a dad assumption here) should have done a better job at parenting. Odds are he has a felony record. I believe the stats are that around 80% of that group grow up in a single parent home. People who study such things say that's a major factor. But, dad got what he wanted and moved on a vast majority of the time. Nobody in even my extended family has had a felony accusation, much less a record; we haven't found that goal too difficult to achieve. Odds are also mom will be announcing a lawsuit soon. The same play happens over and over, and I'm no longer tolerant when there's absolutely no excuse. Hard to say such things were an "accident."

Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: txmasterpo] #13939314 03/28/21 03:41 PM
Bigbob_FTW Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob
Online Content
Big Sprocket Bob

Those of us who are sane can. cheers

[Linked Image][Linked Image] FJB
Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Flippin-Out] #13939321 03/28/21 03:51 PM
T
txmasterpo Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T

I'd say nope; quite some time back I ran out of compassion on this carp that keeps happening over and over and over. Maybe the mom (hard to include a dad assumption here) should have done a better job at parenting. Odds are he has a felony record. I believe the stats are that around 80% of that group grow up in a single parent home. People who study such things say that's a major factor. But, dad got what he wanted and moved on a vast majority of the time. Nobody in even my extended family has had a felony accusation, much less a record; we haven't found that goal too difficult to achieve. Odds are also mom will be announcing a lawsuit soon. The same play happens over and over, and I'm no longer tolerant when there's absolutely no excuse. Hard to say such things were an "accident."

I'm one of those people that "studies" ..... I am, in fact, an expert.....and I still pray for people from my heart because it's how I live.....you do you though chief

http://www.trccovers.com

"I am large, I contain multitudes."

Walt Whitman
Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Flippin-Out] #13939323 03/28/21 03:53 PM
Mudshark Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru

My brother killed his wife and is in prison for the rest of his life. We grew up in an amazing household and my parents were great. That event changed the course of my life forever. 16 years later, it still crosses my mind everyday and puts me in a dark place. When a family member does the unthinkable and your name is dragged through the mud for something they did, it affects you. From my point of view when I see these things, yes, even the family members of the bad guy could use a few prayers. That is in fact what Jesus told us we should do. From where I stand, your reaction is the same reaction my parents, my brother and I had to deal with after the event.

On the other hand, I get where you are coming from. It’s a normal reaction to be repulsed by the actions this guy has done. His actions were repugnant, and if he had not killed himself, just like my brother tried to do by the way, he should be held accountable, including the death penalty.

After what I have experienced, I throw a little prayer to the family of killer as well.

[Linked Image]

Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Monty Wright] #13939412 03/28/21 05:20 PM
CaptainCrunch Online Content
Extreme Angler
Online Content
Extreme Angler
Well said Mud. Thanks.

Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Monty Wright] #13939424 03/28/21 05:27 PM
S
steveiam Online Content
TFF Guru
Online Content
TFF Guru
S
That’s powerful truth there Danny-

What has happed to you does not define who you are-

HOW you react to what happens to you DOES!
Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Monty Wright] #13939708 03/28/21 10:11 PM
SteveHummert Online Content
pawpaw
Online Content
pawpaw
The trooper passed away this afternoon. Prayers for his family and friends.

Backlash

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: SteveHummert] #13939713 03/28/21 10:18 PM
M
Monty Wright Offline OP
TFF Guru
OP Offline
TFF Guru
M
Originally Posted by steve hummert
The trooper passed away this afternoon. Prayers for his family and friends.

Damn frown

[Linked Image]

Half Past First Cast
^^^Worth a look^^^
Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Monty Wright] #13939721 03/28/21 10:29 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Am I missing something? The officer is in critical condition and the shooter is dead. Right?

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: Monty Wright] #13939724 03/28/21 10:31 PM
SteveHummert Online Content
pawpaw
Online Content
pawpaw
The officer who was in critical condition passed away

Backlash

LIKE the TFF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texasfishingforum

Re: State Trooper Shot, Mexia Tx [Re: SteveHummert] #13939734 03/28/21 10:40 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Online Happy
TFF Guru
Online Happy
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by steve hummert
The officer who was in critical condition passed away

Sad.
I have a true respect for those that enforce the law as a career. First responders too! I just couldn’t do it. I don’t have the aptitude for a job like that. No room in my life for ignorance either.

According to the news reports, this officer was shot making a “goodwill” call on a stranded motorist?!?!!! Never saw it coming.

I am praying for his family and coworkers.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide