Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: undercover] #13938804 03/28/21 12:56 AM
EastTexasBassin Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by undercover
The days of facial recognition are coming to retailers to help identify habitual shoplifters.

Are coming? Lol, most major retailers have been doing this for years. It's common practice among the loss prevention departments of most stores. A good picture can link the thief to their social media accounts to identify them.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: EastTexasBassin] #13938918 03/28/21 02:59 AM
U
undercover Offline
Angler
Angler
U
Originally Posted by EastTexasBassin
Originally Posted by undercover
The days of facial recognition are coming to retailers to help identify habitual shoplifters.

Are coming? Lol, most major retailers have been doing this for years. It's common practice among the loss prevention departments of most stores. A good picture can link the thief to their social media accounts to identify them.

OOPS SORRY Let me Clarify, YES alot of retailers have it but dont use to its full potential due to privacy concerns, And yes once identified, search warrant for GPS on their vehicle, cell tower dumps yeah yeah. damn, i love being corrected, LOL

Last edited by undercover; 03/28/21 03:08 AM.

A weed don't thump it: Set the hook!!
Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: Andy W] #13938939 03/28/21 03:30 AM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
OMG

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: Andy W] #13939079 03/28/21 12:55 PM
P
PlanoTom Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
P
Keep these thefts in mind when you find great deals on lures in online marketplaces. The funny thing is that the same people who buy discounted tackle from private resellers are likely to post on here how bad the selection and price of lures at BPS and Cabelas are and the corporate owners are greedy.

Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: bockscar] #13939125 03/28/21 01:28 PM
BrockstaRama Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by bockscar
I guess this is what happens when you over price your lures....

Chatterbait customs fished just as well as the jackhammer.....well...that was the case until the jackhammer came out and then they redesigned the chatterbait custom when the jackhammer came out for whatever reasons 🤔🤷‍♂️

Try picasso's bladed jigs if you havent yet....they start up about just as quick. Jackhammers stay down a little better, but beside that its really a wash.....in my opinion.

I hope your car gets stolen. What a childish view.

When I am not fishing I am thinking about fishing. And mostly what I should have done differently my last trip!
#Brockstarama
Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: BrockstaRama] #13939135 03/28/21 01:37 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by BrockstaRama
I guess this is what happens when you over price your lures....

Chatterbait customs fished just as well as the jackhammer.....well...that was the case until the jackhammer came out and then they redesigned the chatterbait custom when the jackhammer came out for whatever reasons 🤔🤷‍♂️

Try picasso's bladed jigs if you havent yet....they start up about just as quick. Jackhammers stay down a little better, but beside that its really a wash.....in my opinion.

I hope your car gets stolen. What a childish view.

I hope you have a good rest of your weekend. What an terrible thing to say.

How many jackhammers do you own? I have a feeling the answer is not gonna be none 🤷‍♂️

Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: Andy W] #13939155 03/28/21 01:48 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Don't be shocked the next time you go to Bass Pro and the prices have gone up yet again. They have to compensate for product lost due to theft. These big retail stores need to get 40% gross profit across the board on baits. If they don't achieve that there will be price adjustments made so they can stay above that line.

Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: Ken A.] #13939165 03/28/21 02:03 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B
Originally Posted by Ken A.
Don't be shocked the next time you go to Bass Pro and the prices have gone up yet again. They have to compensate for product lost due to theft. These big retail stores need to get 40% gross profit across the board on baits. If they don't achieve that there will be price adjustments made so they can stay above that line.

But there is also a threshold where people will just stop buying the bait and going with alternatives once the price reaches a point that is "too much" for them. As is, Jackhammers are 17-20 bucks at big box stores like dicks. Theyll stay on the pegs if they go much higher. Sure some will buy higher priced jackhammers....but lots more wont. Then this will further eat into their bottom line and theyll be worse off.

Not defending the thieves....just super [censored] what Zman did regarding the jackhammer. If it wasnt a repackaged Chatterbait Custom with upgraded hardware, Id feel more positive about it. Then when you factor in the FACT that ZMan literally redisgned the Chatterbait Custom head, right when the jackhammer came out....yea, thats just a greedy company getting one over on the consumer.....in my opinion. If you fished the Customs before the redesign, youd get my annoyance with Zman. The custom was an amazing, and in my opinion the best chatterbait out there....and only like $8 or $9. I think Zman knew how good the custom was....and how much marketing can affect perceptions. So they pounced and the $15 chatterbait was born.

I was throwing a jackhammer yesterday....so Im still a sucker...but Im not feeling bad for Zman and their profit margin will still be very healthy charging what they have been for those jackhammers. Ive also heard of people buying jackhammers and returning them with regular chatterbaits. Another form of theft.....but let me ask. How many times do people buy strike king and return them with a cheaper alternative? Id say not often. So.......maybe im not a person who deserves to get their car stolen, and maybe ZMan bought a little of this on themselves with their BS.

Not the nicest business friendly opinion...but I have my reasons 🤷‍♂️

Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: Andy W] #13939342 03/28/21 04:15 PM
G
grout-scout Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G
It’s not Z-man thats taking the hit, you goober. It’s BPS and the people that shop there.

Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: grout-scout] #13939348 03/28/21 04:20 PM
Ken A. Offline
Groovy
Groovy
Originally Posted by grout-scout
It’s not Z-man thats taking the hit, you goober. It’s BPS and the people that shop there.

thumb roflmao

Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: bockscar] #13939355 03/28/21 04:28 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

But there is also a threshold where people will just stop buying the bait and going with alternatives once the price reaches a point that is "too much" for them. As is, Jackhammers are 17-20 bucks at big box stores like dicks. Theyll stay on the pegs if they go much higher. Sure some will buy higher priced jackhammers....but lots more wont. Then this will further eat into their bottom line and theyll be worse off.

OK Johnny Morris you seem to be an expert on everything, running a retail business, how to raise big bass....and who knows what else.

BPS will keep raising the prices.....and as they do less and less people will buy them and seek alternatives. Thats just the way economics work, but im sure you know that already. Then once people stop buying them....who takes the hit? Im just a goober tho, and im clearly dealing with a warren buffet level genius in business and fishery management...boy did i bark up the wrong tree 🤷‍♂️ roflmao

Last edited by bockscar; 03/28/21 04:29 PM.
Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: bockscar] #13939368 03/28/21 04:38 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

OK Johnny Morris you seem to be an expert on everything, running a retail business, how to raise big bass....and who knows what else.

BPS will keep raising the prices.....and as they do less and less people will buy them and seek alternatives. Thats just the way economics work, but im sure you know that already. Then once people stop buying them....who takes the hit? Im just a goober tho, and im clearly dealing with a warren buffet level genius in business and fishery management...boy did i bark up the wrong tree 🤷‍♂️ roflmao

Not an expert on anything, but common sense has to be used sometimes. What might affect Z-man prices is shortages of supplies and supply/demand. We have proven that we don’t mind spending $15 on hammers, I would imagine most of us are tightwads and buy them on sale though from the Internet. If you have an issue with how Z-man controls the market, then that’s on you. They are a business and apparently are doing very well with the way they are running it. Can’t blame them for making money and they do have several price points to pick from, which is nice of them. I personally find it fascinating how much we are willing to spend on our hobby, boats, motors, rods & reels, baits. We are truly stupid for what we spend, but like I tell my wife, at least it’s not drugs & alcohol.

Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: grout-scout] #13939371 03/28/21 04:42 PM
B
bockscar Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
B

Not an expert on anything.

I promise thats not glaringly obvious.

Ill just stop with you. Problem with Zman controlling the market....yea I never mentioned any of that. but like I said in another thread, you like to argue your own points with yourself. Have a good rest of your weekend. Pointless going back and forth with you really.

Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: bockscar] #13939383 03/28/21 04:48 PM
G
TFF Guru
Online Sleepy
TFF Guru
G

Not an expert on anything.

I promise thats not glaringly obvious.

Ill just stop with you. Problem with Zman controlling the market....yea I never mentioned any of that. but like I said in another thread, you like to argue your own points with yourself. Have a good rest of your weekend. Pointless going back and forth with you really.

You just ranted about how they redesigned their bait and changed the name, blah blah blah. That’s controlling the market....You were the exact same goober on BBC. rolleyes

So far your stances are: SAL is the reason that Texas has some big bass, not because they are Florida strains on slot lakes and thieves stealing baits from BPS will cause Z-man to go broke. Any other genius thoughts?

Last edited by grout-scout; 03/28/21 04:52 PM.
Re: The Chatterbait Thief [Re: fatdad74] #13939830 03/29/21 12:05 AM
R
Rayzor Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
R
Originally Posted by fatdad74
The thieves know that the police want do anything unless it was over 750$

Did this happen in Dallas? They have a very lenient shoplifting policy up there. Just ask the Police Chief.

Be safe,
Rayzor
[Linked Image]
2001 Triton Tx-21/225 Mercury EFI
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide