Forums59
Topics1,038,973
Posts13,956,749
Members144,184
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... #13937132 03/26/21 12:52 PM
Clark Reehm Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
I can beat those pros... I had a bigger sack than any of them this weekend!

If you or a loved one has ever made this statement, you absolutely need to watch this video! Inspiration for this video was spawned from all the questions and comments I have seen this week regarding the MLF BPT event at Sam Rayburn. Lots of people are wondering what is wrong with the lake or why aren't these "Pros" smashing them because the local tournaments have been taking big weights just to get paid. This video not only covers Sam Rayburn but any lake in the country that shows up on any of the pro tour schedules. Additionally, I cover a lot of information that will help you fish Sam Rayburn or any lake in the Spring. Please take a few minutes to watch or just listen (watches like a podcast, not too many graphic elements) and share with someone else that needs to get educated. This is Part 1 of 2. I will post the 2nd part on Monday.

Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Clark Reehm] #13937277 03/26/21 02:30 PM
WLBDallas Offline
Angler
Angler
Are non-public boat lanes considered public information or is that considered providing information?

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: WLBDallas] #13937296 03/26/21 02:46 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by WLBDallas
Are non-public boat lanes considered public information or is that considered providing information?

What in the world is a non public boat lane?

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Dubee] #13937307 03/26/21 02:54 PM
B
bbassfishes Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Dubee

Boat lane cards made by individuals such as the lake Fork card. Not certain of the name, but certain lakes have boat lane cards specifically made to run that lake that are not shown on your typical Humminbird or Lowrance graphing cards.

Last edited by bbassfishes; 03/26/21 03:09 PM. Reason: Grammar and spelling.
Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Clark Reehm] #13937320 03/26/21 03:03 PM
M
Mudman63 Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
M
Interesting, looking forward to video #2

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Clark Reehm] #13937324 03/26/21 03:11 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Always easy to monday morning arm chair quarterback it, a lot harder when you're actually in the game. Good video, something people should already understand but dont

John Miller
Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: bbassfishes] #13937329 03/26/21 03:24 PM
Clark Reehm Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
Originally Posted by bbassfishes

Boat lane cards made by individuals such as the lake Fork card. Not certain of the name, but certain lakes have boat lane cards specifically made to run that lake that are not shown on your typical Humminbird or Lowrance graphing cards.

Those are legal in every pro tour I know of. What isn't legal is some dude showing you or telling you how to run an unmarked lane especially if there is collusion to do so. The grey area IMO lands when a Tour Pro decides to follow a local that is running one anyway. In my eyes, he is getting information albeit he did not solicit that info. Grey area rules can be debated until we are blue in the face but most Pros interpret the rules as a guide that says if you are gaining an advantage by doing something relative to the written rule, you are breaking the rule. A small percentage however have made a living skating on verbatim or their manipulation and personal interpretation of the rule. There can be a fine line.

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Clark Reehm] #13937414 03/26/21 04:11 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by Clark Reehm
Originally Posted by bbassfishes

Those are legal in every pro tour I know of. What isn't legal is some dude showing you or telling you how to run an unmarked lane especially if there is collusion to do so. The grey area IMO lands when a Tour Pro decides to follow a local that is running one anyway. In my eyes, he is getting information albeit he did not solicit that info. Grey area rules can be debated until we are blue in the face but most Pros interpret the rules as a guide that says if you are gaining an advantage by doing something relative to the written rule, you are breaking the rule. A small percentage however have made a living skating on verbatim or their manipulation and personal interpretation of the rule. There can be a fine line.

Skating is better than NASCARS philosophy of "if you ain't cheatin you ain't tryin". You can make a rule as black and white as possible, and when you think it's just that, someone finds a way to make it grey. Human nature to want to break rules or find ways around them.

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Clark Reehm] #13937602 03/26/21 06:21 PM
B
BadgerBass Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
Totally dead on. There's a reason they're bass pros and to borrow a quote from PGA Golf that applies, "These guys are good"...

1)We built a custom private bass lake and we know every inch/contour/hole/bedding area of our lake. In the middle of August a few years back we had a Bassmaster elite pro come out and fish it for 3 hours and he caught over 60 bass in that short time that was nothing like we'd ever seen or even gotten close to doing ourselves. He is THAT good.

2)As a former college athlete where my team sent 13 guys to the NFL people would always ask me, "did you ever think about trying out for the NFL?", my response is always, "are you kidding me?, I played with many who are in the NFL (including my lake partner), and these guys are unbelievable athletes!"

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Clark Reehm] #13937793 03/26/21 09:22 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
I think most of the shallow fish are just pressured and the rest are locked on spawning. Weights always go down in full spawn in my opinion. My buddy found over 20lbs today sight fishing. We'll see what happens tomorrow

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13937797 03/26/21 09:28 PM
T
Txduckhunter Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Originally Posted by Jarrett Latta
I think most of the shallow fish are just pressured and the rest are locked on spawning. Weights always go down in full spawn in my opinion. My buddy found over 20lbs today sight fishing. We'll see what happens tomorrow

Good luck but you know if you found 20 - someone else found 30

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Txduckhunter] #13937890 03/26/21 11:06 PM
J
Jarrett Latta Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
J
Originally Posted by Txduckhunter

Good luck but you know if you found 20 - someone else found 30

Actually not right now, it's one of the easier times to win on rayburn with the lowest weights. In a few weeks there will be piles of post spawners then it'll be brush pile fishing for 5 months.

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Clark Reehm] #13938018 03/27/21 01:28 AM
banker-always fishing Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Online Content
Pumpkin Head
Interesting. eeks

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

IGFA World Record Rio Grande Cichlid. Lake Dunlap.

John 3:16

Sinner's Prayer. God forgive me a sinner. I accept Jesus Christ as my Savior !
Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Jarrett Latta] #13938186 03/27/21 03:29 AM
T
the skipper Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
T

It can get funky when they go full blown spawn. Maybe they are all under the boats and on the edge of the hay grass just out of sight and people are fishing where they arent

Re: Why aren't the MLF Anglers catching them at Rayburn? I can beat those pros on my home lake... [Re: Clark Reehm] #13938195 03/27/21 03:36 AM
T
toddfish Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
T
Good video! thumb

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide