U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by UTDmiller
Looks like Ott is walking away with it this morning

It looks like Ott is just reinforcing the MLF nick name... just like when Wheeler runs away with them. Mostly Little Fish. When I looked at score tracker he had 10 for 21+lbs... that the barely legal schooling fish he’s on.. he’s caught 20 of them and probably could have caught them all on a bare shiny hook being dragged through the water. And they call themselves “pro’s”... maybe they should set their minimum standards on what the bush league tournaments typically bring in any given week on the same fishery.

You're such a clown. Move along

John Miller
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: SC-001] #13937391 03/26/21 03:58 PM
J
J.H.S. Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
J
Originally Posted by SC-001
Interesting Ott b!tching about the impedance rule, I did not know this existed

v. IMPEDANCE: The MLF Angler cannot knowingly put the Boat Official or camera operator in a situation where they are unable to perform their job. This includes being in an area where there is no connectivity with the SCORETRACKER© Scoring System Device for more than 15 consecutive minutes.
Once the boat enters an area where the SCORETRACKER© Scoring System Device loses connectivity, the Boat Official will announce “We have lost SCORETRACKER© connectivity. You have 15 minutes before you must return to an area of connectivity.” Once the 15 consecutive minutes has elapsed, the Boat Official will announce “You have reached your 15 minutes of connectivity loss. You must stop fishing and return to an area of connectivity.” At this point the MLF Angler must immediately stop fishing and return the boat to an area of SCORETRACKER© connectivity. Failure to do so will result in a penalty. This includes making another cast after the Boat Official has announced the 15 minutes of lost connectivity has elapsed.
Any bass caught between the time after the Boat Official has announced the 15 minutes of lost connectivity has elapsed and before the SCORETRACKER© Scoring System Device has regained connectivity will be deemed un-scorable

That is an odd rule. I am not sure I would be thrilled with that one. However, if they knew the rule, they can't complain.

Live Daringly, Boldy, and Fearlessly....Embrace the Challenge So That You May Feel the Exhiliration of Victory.

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937397 03/26/21 04:02 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
What an azzhat Sprague is, that guy has a temper

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13937402 03/26/21 04:05 PM
U
UTDmiller Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
U
Originally Posted by Lone_Wolf

whatd he do?

John Miller
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: J.H.S.] #13937411 03/26/21 04:10 PM
DBGSIG Offline
Angler
Angler
Originally Posted by J.H.S.

v. IMPEDANCE: The MLF Angler cannot knowingly put the Boat Official or camera operator in a situation where they are unable to perform their job. This includes being in an area where there is no connectivity with the SCORETRACKER© Scoring System Device for more than 15 consecutive minutes.
Once the boat enters an area where the SCORETRACKER© Scoring System Device loses connectivity, the Boat Official will announce “We have lost SCORETRACKER© connectivity. You have 15 minutes before you must return to an area of connectivity.” Once the 15 consecutive minutes has elapsed, the Boat Official will announce “You have reached your 15 minutes of connectivity loss. You must stop fishing and return to an area of connectivity.” At this point the MLF Angler must immediately stop fishing and return the boat to an area of SCORETRACKER© connectivity. Failure to do so will result in a penalty. This includes making another cast after the Boat Official has announced the 15 minutes of lost connectivity has elapsed.
Any bass caught between the time after the Boat Official has announced the 15 minutes of lost connectivity has elapsed and before the SCORETRACKER© Scoring System Device has regained connectivity will be deemed un-scorable

That is an odd rule. I am not sure I would be thrilled with that one. However, if they knew the rule, they can't complain.

They must not enforce that rule. Mark Davis was out for half the day, on his day one. Didn't get connectivity until noon and then posted 28 lbs while driving back down south

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937419 03/26/21 04:14 PM
T
Texan Til I Die Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
T
Is the cell coverage that bad on Rayburn? I don't recall ever having problems getting a signal.

"If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." - Samuel Adams
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: UTDmiller] #13937473 03/26/21 04:55 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B

It looks like Ott is just reinforcing the MLF nick name... just like when Wheeler runs away with them. Mostly Little Fish. When I looked at score tracker he had 10 for 21+lbs... that the barely legal schooling fish he’s on.. he’s caught 20 of them and probably could have caught them all on a bare shiny hook being dragged through the water. And they call themselves “pro’s”... maybe they should set their minimum standards on what the bush league tournaments typically bring in any given week on the same fishery.

His biggest of 10 scored is 2-15... he’s probably caught twice or more of that many less than 2lb to get those 10 fish on scoreboard. That’s just a fact, not me being a clown. These guys represent themselves as being the best of the best... why shouldn’t they be expected to validate that claim? Fish in the 2lb range are barely legal in length (14” - 16” depending on jurisdiction) and are always schooled and in feeding frenzy. If he rigged things up right he probably could catch a few doubles while he’s casting into the pod of dinks. I suspect that would make some observers scream in delight!

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: UTDmiller] #13937485 03/26/21 05:03 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L

whatd he do?

He set the hook and missed and tangled his rod in a cypress branch, ripped his rod out in anger and it broke, then blamed the tree branch for breaking his rod LOL

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Texan Til I Die] #13937486 03/26/21 05:03 PM
L
Lone_Wolf Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
L
Originally Posted by Texan Til I Die
Is the cell coverage that bad on Rayburn? I don't recall ever having problems getting a signal.

Some of these guys are way up the river or creeks

Last edited by Lone_Wolf; 03/26/21 05:03 PM.
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Big O Florida] #13937489 03/26/21 05:06 PM
Mark Jones Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler

These guys represent themselves as being the best of the best... why shouldn’t they be expected to validate that claim?

Lol, I'm going to crawl all the way out on a limb here and say that DeFoe has "validated" himself as one of the best anglers on the planet. He's dominated everywhere he's been and has won your beloved Classic. Again, just when I think you can't say anything more ridiculous...

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: SC-001] #13937500 03/26/21 05:17 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

At least 1/2 of Rayburn would have that problem! OMG

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Lone_Wolf] #13937505 03/26/21 05:20 PM
BigDozer66 Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru

whatd he do?

He set the hook and missed and tangled his rod in a cypress branch, ripped his rod out in anger and it broke, then blamed the tree branch for breaking his rod LOL

whip

2016 Ranger RT188 Charcoal Metallic Dual Console
2017 Yamaha 115 VMAX SHO (VF115LA) SS Prop
Minn Kota Ultrex i-Pilot Link 45" 80 lb.
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BalZout Console
Humminbird Helix 10 Mega SI BBT Bow Mount
Trick Step

[Linked Image]
Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Darin S.] #13937508 03/26/21 05:22 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Hey Warren, if I send you a baseball to replace the one Boyd stole. Will you quit posting all this made up nonsense and go play in your room

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Big O Florida] #13937510 03/26/21 05:23 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler

His biggest of 10 scored is 2-15... he’s probably caught twice or more of that many less than 2lb to get those 10 fish on scoreboard. That’s just a fact, not me being a clown. These guys represent themselves as being the best of the best... why shouldn’t they be expected to validate that claim? Fish in the 2lb range are barely legal in length (14” - 16” depending on jurisdiction) and are always schooled and in feeding frenzy. If he rigged things up right he probably could catch a few doubles while he’s casting into the pod of dinks. I suspect that would make some observers scream in delight!

So what you are saying is that the Classic is a second tier or even bush league event? There are a lot of "so called pros", Ott being one of them, that are past Classic champions. All this time I thought it was a big deal to win one.

Re: MLF Rayburn [Re: Mark Jones] #13937511 03/26/21 05:23 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by Mark Jones

These guys represent themselves as being the best of the best... why shouldn’t they be expected to validate that claim?

Lol, I'm going to crawl all the way out on a limb here and say that DeFoe has "validated" himself as one of the best anglers on the planet. He's dominated everywhere he's been and has won your beloved Classic. Again, just when I think you can't say anything more ridiculous...

It matters not what he’s done in the past. Is him sitting atop a pod of barely legal (in length) schooling fish that’s in a constant feeding frenzy, and plucking them out in virtually every cast a demonstration of his skill and fishing prowess or skill of being able to find a pod of that size on his electronics? He’s probably caught 2-3 times as many fish than what’s he has been able to score. To me that’s not a demonstration of being the best of the best and being able to read the conditions and find the big fish that are more solidarity. At least some below him are trying to play the part.

Page 5 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide