Forums59
Topics1,038,939
Posts13,955,899
Members144,183
Most Online39,925
Dec 30th, 2023
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Outdoor Therapy] #13936977 03/26/21 03:02 AM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Outdoor Therapy
Why do you dislike MLF?

Because he qualified for FLW championship, then it was bought out by MLF. That left him out in the cold. Without anything to self gratify with.

I’d be mad too, but I’d also be done by now. His new lifelong purpose is to badmouth MLF as
Often as possible.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Moritz Chevrolet - 9101 Camp Bowie W Blvd, Fort Worth, TX - Monte Coon (817) 696-2003
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13937105 03/26/21 12:36 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Why do you dislike MLF?

Because he qualified for FLW championship, then it was bought out by MLF. That left him out in the cold. Without anything to self gratify with.

I’d be mad too, but I’d also be done by now. His new lifelong purpose is to badmouth MLF as
Often as possible.

Not at all, I had nothing to do with FLW. However, for those who might not know what you’re talking about, why don’t you refresh everyone’s memory about how many anglers were cheated out money in that deal, and how much money it was? While you’re at it, perhaps you can recite the other instances where similar has happened at the hands of MLF? You seem to have a keen understanding, so I am sure you’ll get portray things accurately. Right?

Last edited by Big O Florida; 03/26/21 12:37 PM.
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13937145 03/26/21 12:57 PM
S
SteezMacQueen Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
S
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
Originally Posted by SteezMacQueen
Why do you dislike MLF?

Often as possible.

Not at all, I had nothing to do with FLW. However, for those who might not know what you’re talking about, why don’t you refresh everyone’s memory about how many anglers were cheated out money in that deal, and how much money it was? While you’re at it, perhaps you can recite the other instances where similar has happened at the hands of MLF? You seem to have a keen understanding, so I am sure you’ll get portray things accurately. Right?

Oh yeh. You’re not an angler...you’re a modern day vigilante. Fighting the good fight without a dog in the hunt.

Eat. Sleep. Fish.
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13937276 03/26/21 02:30 PM
B
beartrap Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
B
I'd be real suspect of BASS having a million dollar impact on the economy around the Sabine river...maybe a $100,000. impact on motels,restaurants and convenience stores but the fishing isn't good enough to lure any new fishermen to the area especially when there are so many lakes in east Texas that are far better places to fish...almost every town has a motel tax of $2.00-10.00 that goes into a a chamber of commerce/tourism fund who then pay the promoters of arts/crafts show,coon dog hunts,quilting bees,bird watching events ,bass,soccer,baseball tournaments etc....prior to MLF the owners of BASS pocketed this income plus exhibit rental and TV income but now this is shared by the anglers...

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: SteezMacQueen] #13937283 03/26/21 02:35 PM
G
grandbassslayer Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
G
I don't think he even fishes.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: grandbassslayer] #13937290 03/26/21 02:43 PM
Walls Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
Originally Posted by grandbassslayer
I don't think he even fishes.

I don't think it's a "he"

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: beartrap] #13937292 03/26/21 02:43 PM
D
Dubee Offline
TFF Celebrity
TFF Celebrity
D
Originally Posted by beartrap
I'd be real suspect of BASS having a million dollar impact on the economy around the Sabine river...maybe a $100,000. impact on motels,restaurants and convenience stores but the fishing isn't good enough to lure any new fishermen to the area especially when there are so many lakes in east Texas that are far better places to fish...almost every town has a motel tax of $2.00-10.00 that goes into a a chamber of commerce/tourism fund who then pay the promoters of arts/crafts show,coon dog hunts,quilting bees,bird watching events ,bass,soccer,baseball tournaments etc....prior to MLF the owners of BASS pocketed this income plus exhibit rental and TV income but now this is shared by the anglers...

No where in the article does it say it will bring a million dollars to the local economy. In fact it says they HOPE local businesses see extra money. The purse for the tournament is $700,000. That's probably why they say a million dollar tournament. Not the affect on the local economy.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13937299 03/26/21 02:49 PM
C
criglizard Offline
Pro Angler
Pro Angler
C
Originally Posted by Big O Florida
I never said that... but in this situation I fail to see what would be gained by it. It’s not like the local businesses that buy permits and license to operate at the event wouldn’t know from past events if what’s being said wasn’t somewhat accurate. Why don’t you put forth a reasonable explanation as to why and what incentive they have to do so along with your disagreement?

Your bizarre hatred for a private company, MLF, has you implying that governments are the more honest of the two.

Let me make this really simple for you. Most of these “tournament hosting” deals are signed 1-2 years in advance. There are always citizen groups and rival politicians questioning what the current or previous administration did or didn’t do. So what do the people in power do? Come up with numbers and stories to make their decisions look good. To overlook this and say “they’ve got no reason to lie” tells me that you’re either intentionally naive or you’re 17 years old, or both.

And for the record, again, 99% of the people here like, follow, and watch both trails. You come here to attempt to divide people. That is literally your existence on this forum. Look in the mirror and question your life and how you ended up being such a jaded person. Wrath, envy, pride....you fit all three.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13937300 03/26/21 02:49 PM
TTx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
They’re calling the event a million dollar event - not stating that is the economic impact. Even so - 1 million is not a large impact by any means. They had 30,000 fans - a 1 million dollar impact would imply the average person spent less than 35 dollars in the community. That would be food, lodging, gas, etc.

If it can only bring 1M and have 30k fans...somebody failed.

Last edited by TTx; 03/26/21 02:50 PM.
Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13937334 03/26/21 03:27 PM
SAKS Offline
Extreme Angler
Extreme Angler
His posts are like media releases. They are only written in a way that supports a narrative to troll those who oppose the view as he presents it. I am not convinced he cares one way or the other about BASS or MLF. Just here to agitate.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: TTx] #13937361 03/26/21 03:43 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by TTx
They’re calling the event a million dollar event - not stating that is the economic impact. Even so - 1 million is not a large impact by any means. They had 30,000 fans - a 1 million dollar impact would imply the average person spent less than 35 dollars in the community. That would be food, lodging, gas, etc.

If it can only bring 1M and have 30k fans...somebody failed.

Dang... only $35 per person! So how much do you expect each individual should spend before you would call it a success? The downfall of many of sporting organizations can be directly attributed to that type of mindset. That’s why we have billion dollar publicly funded MLB baseball stadiums at 1/8th capacity most of the seasons games for teams that are World Series caliber; NASCAR tracks that used to sell out grandstands a year in advance being only 1/2 full and tracks actually removing grandstands so TV broadcasts doesn’t expose such lack of attendance. It blows my mind that there are people out there that think if it’s affordable to the average family it’s underpriced.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13937386 03/26/21 03:55 PM
TTx Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
Where was it stated to be underpriced? It costs more than 35 dollars to put gas in a truck. Hotel stay would cost 100 or more. I think you really missed the whole point there. Dining? I’d think average spend would be 15-30 for a meal with two.

I think I see why you get dragged so often in these forums - you turn everything into a combative argument. Never once did I say an event was underpriced. Simply pointed out that 1M is not a large impact when all direct and indirect are taken into consideration. You clearly are only evaluating the on site services.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: TTx] #13937418 03/26/21 04:13 PM
B
Big O Florida Offline OP
Pro Angler
OP Offline
Pro Angler
B
Originally Posted by TTx
Where was it stated to be underpriced? It costs more than 35 dollars to put gas in a truck. Hotel stay would cost 100 or more. I think you really missed the whole point there. Dining? I’d think average spend would be 15-30 for a meal with two.

I think I see why you get dragged so often in these forums - you turn everything into a combative argument. Never once did I say an event was underpriced. Simply pointed out that 1M is not a large impact when all direct and indirect are taken into consideration. You clearly are only evaluating the on site services.

What I am evaluating is a fishing tournament that has 100 anglers +supporting staff to run the event, which will occupy local lodging and eating establishments (to some extent) along with a free to attend festival that provides entertainment to the general public, where local businesses can bring their wares and craft and put them on display to be for sale. That would include food vendors, etc... and bringing that all into a community that’s not very large comparatively. If a food truck that doubles their typical daily net revenue due to being at the event, I am pretty sure they would consider that a success. There are many other examples of likely increased revenue to certain segments of the community due to the event... and for a community of that size, I would argue if there was an infusion of $1 million into the local economy in one weekend, that would be considered a lot. It really has nothing to do with politicians lying about the numbers... and participants (vendors) in the event from the local community will know from experience of past events if it’s cost effective or not.

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: Big O Florida] #13937642 03/26/21 06:47 PM
O
Outdoor Therapy Offline
TFF Team Angler
TFF Team Angler
O
de

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.- Thomas A Edison

Re: BASS brings $1 Million impact with visit. [Re: TTx] #13937791 03/26/21 09:21 PM
Duck_Hunter Offline
TFF Guru
TFF Guru
Originally Posted by TTx

This guy gets it.

Bottom line: it’s not a competition between tours. There is room for both. It’s not combative.

[Linked Image]
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 1998-2022 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide